Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fairfax, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed the 'permit' for the 'Fairfax Supercharger' is still there on supercharge.info. Since there never was any confirmed info for a permit, and there isn't any now, how do we get that corrected? I hate everyone looking at the site to think something is 'coming sooner' than all the other 2018 planned locations when it's not so.

Unless someone knows something?

Reactions: vdiv and jthompson
Still nothing for the Fairfax location as far as I know, although the rumors of a Supercharger installation at Tysons are getting stronger... a staff member at the DC showroom mentioned it, as well. So now that’s Tyco, Tysons and DC all saying the same thing.

For about the nth time, we need that pin pulled from supercharge.info :D There never has been any real confirmed info for a Fairfax location where it is. The Tesla pin is on the name 'Fairfax' and as was said, that really covers a lot of territory. Did Tesla mean Fairfax City-ish or near Fair Oaks Mall or one of the nearby mall locations? Or County (covering Springfield, which never had a pin, but the Fairfax one is still there... :D).

Reactions: Lanny
For about the nth time, we need that pin pulled from supercharge.info :D There never has been any real confirmed info for a Fairfax location where it is. The Tesla pin is on the name 'Fairfax' and as was said, that really covers a lot of territory. Did Tesla mean Fairfax City-ish or near Fair Oaks Mall or one of the nearby mall locations? Or County (covering Springfield, which never had a pin, but the Fairfax one is still there... :D).

Ultimately, I expect several locations within Fairfax County, including Springfield, Fair Oaks and Tysons (the three major malls).

Ultimately, I expect several locations within Fairfax County, including Springfield, Fair Oaks and Tysons (the three major malls).
Oh sure, but this frigging pin is really misleading, because there is no information leading to anything in the works, and if there ever was, it went away. We definitely need tons of Urbans for all the coop/apartment people that will have Model 3's, but as for 'confirmed sightings', there are exactly zero at the present time.

Oh sure, but this frigging pin is really misleading, because there is no information leading to anything in the works, and if there ever was, it went away. We definitely need tons of Urbans for all the coop/apartment people that will have Model 3's, but as for 'confirmed sightings', there are exactly zero at the present time.

We've had the same problem here in the Boston area. The Burlington, MA "coming soon" pin ended up being the next town over, in Woburn.

The Natick, MA coming soon pin ended up a few hundred yards to the west.....over the town line, so technically in Framingham. I'm sure there will be others as they continue the buildout.

We've had the same problem here in the Boston area. The Burlington, MA "coming soon" pin ended up being the next town over, in Woburn.

The Natick, MA coming soon pin ended up a few hundred yards to the west.....over the town line, so technically in Framingham. I'm sure there will be others as they continue the buildout.
Yeah, the names are so approximate because of the 'pin location on the map names' paradigm. As usual, if that had been stated in the first place, but, the usual Tesla comms, left up to us to read the tea leaves! :D

Yeah, the names are so approximate because of the 'pin location on the map names' paradigm. As usual, if that had been stated in the first place, but, the usual Tesla comms, left up to us to read the tea leaves! :D

I think what they've done, especially around here, is made the grey pins THEIR wish list....then when they go out and try to negotiate land, permitting, etc etc, things tend to shift around.

Reactions: Big Earl
Only @BlueShift can pull the pin. And I wish he would too. There is NOTHING to support a permit in Fairfax. Indeed, Springfield might just be the real Fairfax pin.
If it weren’t for all the SuC’s showing up out of the blue, I’d think so, too. But we have three or four around (if you count Grasonville) that have ‘appeared’ without being on the ‘coming soon’ list!

@crashvt found a permit of sorts for East Market at Fair Lakes so I went to check it out. It has indeed easy access, it has food and coffee, and it has trees for some shade (pollen and bird poop too) :) I like this location.
2018-05-06 13.56.24.jpg2018-05-06 13.57.19.jpg2018-05-06 13.57.58.jpg 2018-05-06 13.58.34.jpg 2018-05-06 13.56.06.jpg

Reactions: Big Earl
Reactions: vdiv