Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers fees have been increased

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
30 cents is 1 cent less then Electrify America. Perhaps this is the unofficial agreed price between Tesla and EA for fast charging.
In some places (like where EA charges by time), Pricing and Plans for EV Charging | Electrify America is quite cheap. Try Texas. If I charged my Bolt on Pass+ in TX from 0 to ~50% SoC, it'd come out to maybe 12 to 14 cents per kWh. Sadly (?), I'm in CA where Pass+ is 31 cents per kWh.

I wonder if the (72 kW urban-style) Supercharger prices at CHAdeMO Charging the Model 3 have gone up since RayK posted about them, of 34 and 35 cents per kWh in Oct 2020.

30 cents is 1 cent less then Electrify America. Perhaps this is the unofficial agreed price between Tesla and EA for fast charging.
Any such agreement between competitors would likely be considered a violation of anti-trust laws. EA and Tesla may independently choose to set their prices close to one another, but if they conspired to do so, that’s a no-no

Might not be a bad thing... if that happens, Tesla would have to adopt CCS-Combo. No need for $500-1000 adapter to charge at DCFC sites.
Not a bad thing for you, but certainly bad for progress and innovation. Just like everyone complains about high drug prices in the United States but magically our pharmaceutical companies were the first to developed a covid vaccine ...

Not a bad thing for you, but certainly bad for progress and innovation. Just like everyone complains about high drug prices in the United States but magically our pharmaceutical companies were the first to developed a covid vaccine ...

How is the Tesla proprietary connector an 'innovation'? Elon can just as easily adopt CCS-Combo and design a superior secondary system (software & charging station) that engages when a Tesla is connected. Tesla unique charging plug/port has caused more problems as he has to provide every new Tesla with a L2 adapter that can be stolen and then DC charging connector costs $500-1000 each... not really a favor to Tesla owners and especially not owners who own both Tesla and non-Tesla EVs. One just have to look at Europe where Tesla is doing just fine on the EU CCS standard.

... you DO KNOW that Cisco routers works with the industry standard routers but have proprietary protocols that can be used when in 100% Cisco environment for improved security/performance, right? I guess you would think it'd be rational for Cisco to have proprietary network cables and connectors, making it unusable with other network equipment without an adapter. LOL

Last edited: