TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

?superchargers for Eastern Montana?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by DanL3, Nov 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DanL3

DanL3 Member

Does anyone have word on possible permits or construction on SC in Miles City or Glendive? With Elon's statement of expansion these locations should be the first to get the link across North Dakota.

2. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

Montana has a statewide building permit lookup here, but I don't see anything suspicious from Miles City or Glendive right now.

• Informative x 1
  3. 701SpeedDemon

701SpeedDemon Member

0208FA6A-7771-4AD7-872A-21A39BCDD77B.jpeg Update on Glendive, MT supercharger today. Crew told me that they will be finishing up cement work Monday and heading west to Miles City. 8 stalls.

Attached Files:

• Like x 7
    • Informative x 4
  4. Utahken

Utahken Member

Permit Detail

Here is the permit for the location... I'll check miles city next

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  5. sdoorex

sdoorex Member

Looks like right here on Google satellite. Very easy interstate access.

6. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Active Member

Two posts and there both excellent!

7. Bet TSLA

Bet TSLA Active Member

Anybody have any idea about Forsyth? Is there going to be a supercharger there?

8. PACEMD

PACEMD Member

The dots are Glendive, Miles City, Bighorn, and the existing Billings. No plans for Forsyth and location does not seem right. Forsyth is 42-50 miles from Miles City far to near sides of town, not splitting the distance of Miles City to Billings very well.

9. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

I've found a utility location request for a site design survey that might be for a future supercharger at the Forsyth Watering Hole gas station at Front & 10th streets. I also found a ticket for a potential location in Shelby, MT and I explain how I found them both in that thread, Supercharger - Shelby, MT (possible).

Survey ticket #: 18089606
    Address: 1017 Front St, Forsyth, MT 59327

This Forsyth ticket was a good match with those from Glendive and Great Falls--all 3 were called for by Clark Land Surveying over a period of 3 days in September 2018 (the established two on the 17th and Forsyth on the 20th); all 3 list the Type of Work as "CALLER UNAWARE" and the Work Being Done For as "SELF". As counter points though, the lot at this location looks kinda small for adding a supercharger and the Location of Work description on the ticket doesn't quite match the style of the established ones. Also, the same 3 big caveats apply here as do for Shelby (explained in that thread).

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  10. PACEMD

PACEMD Member

I drove by the Forsyth address yesterday, no activity.

11. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

Yeah, there hasn't been a relevant utility location request for that spot since that original one which was possibly for site design. Before actual construction activity, i.e. digging/trenching, there should be another one or two. I recheck for those every couple of months. If I find one, I'll update.

• Like x 1
  12. m3car

m3car Member

Anyone know of any updates? It would sure be nice to be able to dreve east on I94 from Billings

13. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Well, Fargo ND recently opened so that is a good sign. They will likely light up the rest of ND soon and maybe these I-94 MT superchargers at the same time. I believe that this type of construction and electrical activity would be cleared of COVID restrictions at this point in both states.

14. PACEMD

PACEMD Member

Miles City has been ready for months, just needs the meter and flip the switch. Still don't know about Forsyth et al, or about Glendive. Anyone have Glendive updates? I will update the Miles City situation later this week when I do my drive-by.........