Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers "ghosted" on in-car nav display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: The first 8 posts in this thread were moved from the thread regarding the Tejon Ranch, CA Supercharger.

This SC wasn't showing up in the car and was not showing stall availability. I stopped here this morning and can confirm it was open(and pretty full). Not sure why its no longer displaying in car, I wonder if they are trying to taper the use here to funnel to Corpus .

Last edited by a moderator:
This SC wasn't showing up in the car and was not showing stall availability. I stopped here this morning and can confirm it was open(and pretty full). Not sure why its no longer displaying in car, I wonder if they are trying to taper the use here to funnel to Corpus .

It's ghosted

IMG_20210718_215032__01.jpg

I saw similar behavior here in Cucamonga this weekend on Sat and Sun. Cucamonga SuC disappeared off the Nav and the app. I didn't have time to go check it out, but I suspected it was still operating. I suspect they are trying to funnel traffic to the new Eastvale SuC and to try to get ppl to Fontana SuC just a few miles up the I-15. I suspect Tejon was funneling traffic to the Corpus Rd.

Fontana has pretty low usage despite being a 24 stall SuC despite being just 5 miles from the very popular Rancho. For those who don't know, Rancho is typically full between 3pm to 10 pm Mon to Friday and on weekends it's full from 12 noon to sometimes past midnight.

Cucamonga SuC reappeared this evening.

7/25 Sunday evening ghosted.
62620210203.jpg

7/26 just past midnight it reappears.

626202103717.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, this is not cool. For those who are less knowledgeable about Tesla's than most of us here, all superchargers should be listed, regardless of demand. Perhaps someone really needs to head that direction. They could grey them out, so that there is a wait, or heck, even put a caution symbol. If you navigate to one that is overwhelmed, an alert should pop up: "We advise against charging at this location due to extended wait times." Taking it off the map is just weird.

Reactions: mkhalasi85
Sorry, this is not cool. For those who are less knowledgeable about Tesla's than most of us here, all superchargers should be listed, regardless of demand. Perhaps someone really needs to head that direction. They could grey them out, so that there is a wait, or heck, even put a caution symbol. If you navigate to one that is overwhelmed, an alert should pop up: "We advise against charging at this location due to extended wait times." Taking it off the map is just weird.

The touchscreen now has a grey pin with a clock face for Supercharger locations that are full. When you press on the grey pin, a message appears to say either "short wait", "medium wait," or "long wait." Once a stall opens up, the red pin reappears to reflect the number of stalls available.

Perhaps the pin is removed from the map when "long wait" is active for a set period of time, and does not reappear until there has been a period of time when stalls are consistently available.

But I agree; Tesla has to have an alternate method of reflecting available Superchargers that are experiencing lengthy waits instead of pulling the pin, as it were.

It would be bad to remove an SC from the in car nav just because it had a current High Usage level. People have to be able to plan their routes based on distance to next SC or planned SC stops. I’ve said for a few years, Tesla COULD build some good predictive model into the vehnicles nav and bringing that data into Tesla, then suggesting best stops for the users that are on defined routes, etc. Maybe invent them to push their data up to Tesla. Make it a bit more like FAA routes plans for takeoff and landing, sequencing, etc. But, taking SC’s off from view is a bad idea all around.