Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0312.jpg

Seems Tesla has updated the supercharger map to show all 2017 locations as coming soon. Hopefully this means they will go live before Q4 unlike other years?

They have also added a location north of Brisbane that I don't remember seeing, will try and find it but as usual Chuq will probably beat me ;-)

Also a blog post for anyone that missed it Charging Is Our Priority

Reactions: Chuq
Looks like I posted in the wrong thread :) Let's stick to this one!

i was on mobile when I made the last post but I've just realised that the new "Find us" map shows the future SC locations - with much more detail!

Changes include:

- New SC site - Nowra NSW
- New SC site - Gympie Qld
- New permanent site planned - Euroa Vic
- New permanent site planned - Coffs Harbour NSW
- The Cooma/Jindabyne site is now labelled "Cooma"
- The Lorne site is now labelled "Great Ocean Road"

Notes on timing:
- All the previously included sites*, and the new permanent sites in existing locations say "Target opening by end of 2017"
- The two brand new sites (Nowra and Gympie) say "Target opening date to be confirmed"

*Refresher - previous sites were Bunbury WA, Keith SA, Horsham Vic, Lorne Vic, Cooma NSW, Bathurst NSW, Brisbane Qld

Great news. Next Gin Gin & Gladstone, Adelaide & somewhere in Tasmania! Where else?

I notice that all major directions from the three major capitals are now covered - except for west of Brisbane (Toowoomba), east of Melbourne (Morwell) and south of Melbourne (Campbell Town, Tas)!

Of course Adelaide & surrounds, Perth & surrounds would still rank up there on the priority list.

Based on the Keith 'Find Us' location matching the location of the planning application I guess these 'Find Us' locations are quite likely then? If so I'm guessing the Lorne ones might be in one of the cut in parking bays (as can be seen via streetview)... I reckon it'd have to be up for 'Best Supercharger View' if it is :) Hopefully they'll be front in chargers so we can just sit in the car and watch the waves.

Based on the Keith 'Find Us' location matching the location of the planning application I guess these 'Find Us' locations are quite likely then? If so I'm guessing the Lorne ones might be in one of the cut in parking bays (as can be seen via streetview)... I reckon it'd have to be up for 'Best Supercharger View' if it is :) Hopefully they'll be front in chargers so we can just sit in the car and watch the waves.
The Coffs Harbour one looks unlikely using street view

The Coffs Harbour one looks unlikely using street view

Yeah that one does look unlikely unless someone's house is going to have a very cool front yard :) Euroa looks correct to me though. When I last did a charge at Euroa I drove to exactly that location to eat my lunch (Seven Creeks Park) because it was a wonderful summers day. People were swimming in the creek and while I was sat there eating I thought "this is where the supercharger should be", so glad to see that seems to be the plan for the permanent location.

Very interesting observations @srwx!

It appeared, from reading comments from the American owners, that the markers are simply in the middle of each town (ie. the place that Google would put a market if you just searched for the town name). But on closer inspection...

Keith: The road reserve that has been mentioned in the Tatiara Shire Council meeting agendas for the past year.
Horsham: 120-124 Walker St, the car park next to the shopping centre which was mentioned in the recent newspaper article (Note: there is a chance the newspaper incorrectly based it's information on this marker)
Lorne: some house.. hmm.
Euroa (new): Car park next to Goulburn River Valley Tourism
Cooma: Centre of town
Nowra: Next to a park, residential area
Bathurst: Right on main highway junction in the town
Coffs (new): Residential area
Brisbane: *NOT* at location of new store/service centre
Gympie: Residential area
Bunbury: Near a shopping centre

There's a chance that some (Keith, Horsham, Euroa) are marked more precisely than others. Those three are the ones which have been on the cards for the longest so the fact that those three are in specific places may be intentional. Some of the others might be more vague.