Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It wasn't Chuq making out that he knew. It was a person he didn't wish to name. The claim of knowing came from a named person on another forum. My point was that the 2nd site is not new news because it is on the Tesla website. The fact that someone says he knows but refuses to disclose the site is "cheap talk" as anyone could claim they know and say the same.

Not cheap talk, I was told the same thing direct from a Tesla sales rep when I asked. I get your point, nothing confirmed, but whatever, nothing wrong with passing it on here.

Seeing our winter is nearly over, any activity on these sites:- Gympie, Gold Coast, Nowra, Canberra and Melbourne all slated for Winter'18.

There are some slated for Spring'18, as spring in the USA is next year:- Singleton, Great Ocean Road(Torquay) and Warrnambool.

Toowoomba, Tamworth, Dubbo, Bright, Mansfield, Traralgon and Perth are just down for 2018.

Is Tesla on Elon time as for completing these!

Seeing our winter is nearly over, any activity on these sites:- Gympie, Gold Coast, Nowra, Canberra and Melbourne all slated for Winter'18.

There are some slated for Spring'18, as spring in the USA is next year:- Singleton, Great Ocean Road(Torquay) and Warrnambool.

Toowoomba, Tamworth, Dubbo, Bright, Mansfield, Traralgon and Perth are just down for 2018.

Is Tesla on Elon time as for completing these!

Yep, that’s a lot on the schedule. If any of these hit their target build date I’ll be pleasantly amazed. But great they are happening.

Apparently the second Melbourne supercharger is only a couple of weeks away from opening!

The person who shared this knowledge is very reliable but will not reveal any more details. He will remain nameless so he doesn’t get lynched :)

I won’t create a thread for it as we don’t know which suburb it will be in. No hints at all!

Hey Chuq where's that 2nd Melbourne supercharger you promised us?

• Funny
Reactions: Chuq
I heard from an unnamed Tesla employee about a new service centre in Brighton. There is a recently vacated BMW dealership 361 and 363 Nepean Highway Brighton East which looks like a perfect sized service centre and Supercharger location. It's near the top of Hampton St/Bay St.
Btw there are no other vacant car dealerships on Nepean Hwy so hopefully this is the site.

Reactions: baillies
I heard from an unnamed Tesla employee about a new service centre in Brighton. There is a recently vacated BMW dealership 361 and 363 Nepean Highway Brighton East which looks like a perfect sized service centre and Supercharger location. It's near the top of Hampton St/Bay St.
Btw there are no other vacant car dealerships on Nepean Hwy so hopefully this is the site.

According to the Brighton council planning website, that's turning into a Jag dealership

I don't know, but they should really put one in Chadstone in the place of the destination chargers, and put one in the Toorak/Malvern area, as there is a boatload of Teslas around there.

That would seem unlikely. R/E prices alone, access etc. would make it hard. I hear you re all the Teslas in the area, but is that really the point? To me the SC’s are for travellers, not locals. All those Toorak guys all have DC’s they can/ should use.

Reactions: bradjc and lennier