Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So iPaces instead. I wonder if any Jag dealers will offer any sort of charging?
Here's an extract from an electrical diagram for the EV charging infrastructure for the new Jag/LR Centre at Mascot, Sydney. 1x Tritium 50kw DC fast charger and 4x 22kw AC chargers.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 7.15.42 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 7.15.42 pm.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: lennier
According to the Brighton council planning website, that's turning into a Jag dealership
Oh well wishful thinking on my part. I still wouldn't be surprised if a service centre pops up somewhere out that way. I'd be happy with a few of the 70kw urban SCs and Chaddy, Southland and other major shopping centres. The trouble with the Chadstone chargers is many Tesla owners seem to think it's their VIP shopping parking and don't even plug in!

Oh well wishful thinking on my part. I still wouldn't be surprised if a service centre pops up somewhere out that way. I'd be happy with a few of the 70kw urban SCs and Chaddy, Southland and other major shopping centres. The trouble with the Chadstone chargers is many Tesla owners seem to think it's their VIP shopping parking and don't even plug in!
To be fair, Chadstone parking is screwed. The amount of times I've driven to Chadstone, couldn't find a car park and driven home in the last few years is crazy. John Gandell needs to put more money into some multi-storey parking structures and less into the near constant expansion of the shopping mall (for the last 30 years). And the bloody government needs to put an underground train station there, with their rail loop plan.

To be fair, Chadstone parking is screwed. The amount of times I've driven to Chadstone, couldn't find a car park and driven home in the last few years is crazy. John Gandell needs to put more money into some multi-storey parking structures and less into the near constant expansion of the shopping mall (for the last 30 years). And the bloody government needs to put an underground train station there, with their rail loop plan.
Yes I grew up in the area and it has certainly changed since my days of playing Double Dragon at Chaddy Bowl in the 80s.
I haven't heard much about the urban superchargers of late. I'm wondering if we will ever get them here in Australia. I find it strange that Broadway Ultimo in Sydney got proper superchargers and the south service centre got none... it seems urban sc would be better at shopping centres

Re Warrnambool Supercharger, slated for later this year (2018). It seems the Warrnambool City Council MAY have agreed to a 2 stall charger (the skid from Horsham, perhaps ?) to be installed at the Flagstaff Hill Maritime Museum (which is also the Tourist Information Office) on Merri Street. That is, 4 blocks South of the Princes Highway (Raglan Parade), near the end of Banyan Street. IMHO, not a good location at all for toilet or food after hours. Like Horsham, probably enough until a 'permanent' site is secured, somewhere on Raglan Parade, preferably at the Homemakers Centre on the Eastern approaches to the city, opposite Bunnings. Some ammunition for you Chuq ?

Reactions: mike_j
Re Warrnambool Supercharger, slated for later this year (2018). It seems the Warrnambool City Council MAY have agreed to a 2 stall charger (the skid from Horsham, perhaps ?) to be installed at the Flagstaff Hill Maritime Museum (which is also the Tourist Information Office) on Merri Street. That is, 4 blocks South of the Princes Highway (Raglan Parade), near the end of Banyan Street. IMHO, not a good location at all for toilet or food after hours. Like Horsham, probably enough until a 'permanent' site is secured, somewhere on Raglan Parade, preferably at the Homemakers Centre on the Eastern approaches to the city, opposite Bunnings. Some ammunition for you Chuq ?

Good work wpapua.
Its a start I guess, temp spots are better than nothing and it should hold true for their promise of completion for 2018.
However, I'm definitely with you re the permanent location opposite Bunnings.

I thought the current Horsham site was the permanent site, but it's part of a larger commercial development which hasn't started yet?

Regarding the Visitor Info Centre location mentioned by @wpapua, it doesn't sound particularly bad? 600m from the main shopping strip? I'm not familiar with the area though!

Out of interest - there has been a report of excavation occurring in a location which is rumoured to be the second Melbourne supercharger. Not 100% this is the location, but Tesla's dot is in this spot - I know what you're going to say, "the dots aren't in the exact spot" - but unless most of Tesla's dots, it isn't just in the middle of city name, it's at a location just outside the CBD which is currently a car park.

Anyone, if anyone is in the Carlton/Fitzroy area today or over the weekend, please feel free to report back!

Google Maps

Reactions: mike_j and bradjc
Word is that all scheduled Queensland sites have now been pushed back into 2019
See other thread about the Maroochydore supercharger, which is not even on Tesla's coming-soon list, and it's nearly finished! Last communication from Sunshine Plaza was that was supposed to open today (10/12). Has anyone got visuals on the other Qld sites?

Out of interest - there has been a report of excavation occurring in a location which is rumoured to be the second Melbourne supercharger. Not 100% this is the location, but Tesla's dot is in this spot - I know what you're going to say, "the dots aren't in the exact spot" - but unless most of Tesla's dots, it isn't just in the middle of city name, it's at a location just outside the CBD which is currently a car park.

Anyone, if anyone is in the Carlton/Fitzroy area today or over the weekend, please feel free to report back!

Google Maps

Was there last week Chuq and couldn’t see anything yet, have been looking in this exact spot for a while to check up on progress.

See other thread about the Maroochydore supercharger, which is not even on Tesla's coming-soon list, and it's nearly finished! Last communication from Sunshine Plaza was that was supposed to open today (10/12). Has anyone got visuals on the other Qld sites?
I recieved a notice from tesla that this Maroochydore SC opened today. Quite funny given I’m in SA, and tesla still havnt notified me of the two SA superchargers. Gotta love tesla’s communications skills, but the car makes up for it.