Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think in Europe they were converting 4-6 stalls per site initially, as they wanted to get as much coverage as possible with CCS, and it was better to do 4 stalls at 5 sites, rather than 20 stalls at one site.

Most Aussie sites are only 4 or 6 stalls total, so it's easier to just do the whole lot at once.
Also I believe a few European countries are already 100% converted so Au and NZ will probably be like these. A lot harder to upgrade places with 10+ stalls and some of these it may make sense to add supercharger 3 stalls for model 3.

Hey @Chuq

Do I have a reason to be questioning the reason 3 new Aus/NZ Superchargers have just been added on PlugShare even though they’ve been active for a few years? They include:
  • Auckland, NZ
  • Sydney Lower North-Shore, Aus
  • Melbourne-Richmond, Aus
  • more to come (maybe)
Do you have any idea what could’ve happened here?

Hey @Chuq

Do I have a reason to be questioning the reason 3 new Aus/NZ Superchargers have just been added on PlugShare even though they’ve been active for a few years? They include:
  • Auckland, NZ
  • Sydney Lower North-Shore, Aus
  • Melbourne-Richmond, Aus
  • more to come (maybe)
Do you have any idea what could’ve happened here?
I can assist here. Tesla accidentally removed the supercharger pin for the Sydney and Melbourne superchargers about 2 weeks ago and they recently fixed the error and put them back on their map.

Does PlugShare scrape the Tesla website and auto-update?

I don't want to pre-emptively create a new thread for nothing but I noticed the following comment on Plugshare:

Six sounds like it may be superchargers. Can anyone in the area confirm or deny?

image.png

Moved discussion from another thread here:

Does Australia have any v3 Superchargers?
Now that my SR+ will have an update to charge faster (with v36.1), it will be interesting as to where these chargers are located.

My personal expectation/prediction/guess is that the first V3 sites in Australia will be "fill-in" locations between Melbourne and Sydney, then Sydney to Brisbane.

I'm guessing Wangaratta and Yass for the first two. These towns are each spaced in between existing SCs; and they are ~250-270 km from Melbourne and Sydney respectively - i.e. far enough that most Model 3 would be in the "low SOC/fast charging" sweet spot upon arriving.