Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's probably because the number 4 is unlucky in China. Anyone with local knowledge would know that & make sure they use a different multiple regardless of whether it's technically ideal.

Well they avoid naming things 4, but they don't really avoid just having 4 of something.
There are plenty of 4-lane roads, power outlets with 4 plugs etc.

Fair enough. Impressive. Maybe you were still so young at the time, that you didn’t feel even the slightest twinge of lower back ache
If the Roadster has a 1000km real world range, then your feat could be repeated
Indicators are also that the Semi will have close to 1000km range laden & you could imagine truck drivers on ox blood going for 10+ hours straight
I’m hoping the tri motor Cybertruck has 900km range

So jumping back to the email from early April again:

Tesla is also at work constructing new Supercharging sites to enable convenient fast charging at additional routes across Australia. Keep an eye out for new locations coming soon in Devonport, TAS; Toombul, QLD; Geelong, VIC; Yea, VIC; Perth, WA; Moe, VIC; Williams, WA and Colac, VIC.

It's been a pretty reliable guide, with 4 of these going live and 2 under construction. There are only two sites here not yet known - Perth and Moe. Travelling from Melbourne to Moe might be a challenge at the moment, but Perth residents may want to keep an eye open for possible Perth activity.

Reactions: AussieOwner

It's been a pretty reliable guide, with 4 of these going live and 2 under construction. There are only two sites here not yet known - Perth and Moe. Travelling from Melbourne to Moe might be a challenge at the moment, but Perth residents may want to keep an eye open for possible Perth activity.
Colac & Geelong are now active and live. Would love to see more around SA however. If I was to drive from Vic to SA I would be worried about running out of battery given the current state of affairs.

I’ve done Mel - Adel (actually up in the hills through Palmer rather than Mt Barker) return and wasn’t worried anywhere, in a SR+. Also detoured via northern Grampians.
Traveling around SA was another story.
SA government recently announced 520 chargers (fast and destination) have been funded to roll out across SA, mostly in the regions. The network is supposed to be complete within 2 years.

New ones for 2022 that I can see:

NSW: Holbrook, Newcastle, Armidale, Tenterfield
Qld: South Brisbane, Rockhampton
WA: Perth
Tas: Hobart
I'm not sure when this changed, but these now appear to be split out to Q1 2022 and general 2022:

Q1 2022
Hobart
Armidale
Rockhampton
Perth

Holbrook
Newcastle
Tenterfield
Brisbane South

Tesla is also at work constructing new Supercharging sites to enable convenient fast charging at additional routes across Australia. Keep an eye out for new locations coming soon in Devonport, TAS; Toombul, QLD; Geelong, VIC; Yea, VIC; Perth, WA; Moe, VIC; Williams, WA and Colac, VIC.

Just to clarify/update, this is now 5 live (Yea, Devonport, Toombul, Geelong and Colac) and 1 under construction (Williams).

Perth (likely North?) and Moe are the ones to keep watch over.

I hope it is in traralgon as more already has decent charge fox coverage
Other than the 350kW chargers which have been out of action for months..

Reading the tea leaves I think the local council/power authorities may have been pushing Tesla to co-locate with Chargefox in Moe, but possibly the power supply isn't as good as was initially thought.

--

I also note the Brisbane West (Indooroopilly) now has a 2022 date on the online map.
Was originally Q1 2021 (which seemingly got taken by Toombul instead)

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: bradjc and bay74
Some minor changes to the Tesla Supercharger Map in the last few days.

Traralgon, Vic (but possibly Moe) - now Q3 2021 (was Q2 2021)
Holbrook, NSW - now Q1 2022 (was 2022)
Newcastle, NSW - now Q2 2022 (was 2022)
Tenterfield, NSW - now Q2 2022 (was 2022)
Brisbane West, Qld - now Q2 2022 (went 2022 after Toombul opened)

No new sites. Had been hoping for some given the TOCA comments about more WA sites.

Some minor changes to the Tesla Supercharger Map in the last few days.

Traralgon, Vic (but possibly Moe) - now Q3 2021 (was Q2 2021)
Holbrook, NSW - now Q1 2022 (was 2022)
Newcastle, NSW - now Q2 2022 (was 2022)
Tenterfield, NSW - now Q2 2022 (was 2022)
Brisbane West, Qld - now Q2 2022 (went 2022 after Toombul opened)

No new sites. Had been hoping for some given the TOCA comments about more WA sites.
Nice find - you have a keen eye! :)