Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried to Supercharge in Richmond this afternoon. All supercharges full! Annoyingly two looked like they had finished. Wonder what sort of etiquette we need to ensure everyone gets to use the superchargers? Acknowledge that it is a good sign but worried its going to happen more regularly.

Tried to Supercharge in Richmond this afternoon. All supercharges full! Annoyingly two looked like they had finished. Wonder what sort of etiquette we need to ensure everyone gets to use the superchargers? Acknowledge that it is a good sign but worried its going to happen more regularly.

I am also from Adelaide so have no experience with SC. Would it not make sense for a third party to be able to unplug the SC if the car has reached full capacity? Is there room for additional vehicles to park and charge if this was the case?

I am also from Adelaide so have no experience with SC. Would it not make sense for a third party to be able to unplug the SC if the car has reached full capacity? Is there room for additional vehicles to park and charge if this was the case?
Currently if your car is locked anyone can connect your car to charge it but once the plug is inserted it's locked in and can only be removed after unlocking the car. I suppose Tesla could change the behaviour to allow a plug to be removed once charging is complete, however due to the length and thickness of a Supercharger cable you would still need to move the offending car out of the space.
Even away from a Supercharger I would not want someone being able to unplug my car as they may be doing that to steal my charge connector. :scared:
The best resolution to these scenarios is to sign up to SuperchargerQR that allows people to anonomously notify owners occupying Supercharger spaces that someone is waiting.
SuperchargerQR

Android is to phones as ICE is to cars
IOS is to phones as Tesla is to cars

:wink:

The reality is that IOS is nowhere near, and has never been as popular as other operating systems as a total. Apple is becoming passe and other phones are enjoying a resurgence of popularity. In any case if 40% of people have an iphone, then 60% have some thing else. Tesla is way ahead of the pack, whilst Apple is losing market share at a great rate of knots. At least you have picked 1 winner. :biggrin:
aapl.PNG

The reality is that IOS is nowhere near, and has never been as popular as other operating systems as a total. Apple is becoming passe and other phones are enjoying a resurgence of popularity. In any case if 40% of people have an iphone, then 60% have some thing else. Tesla is way ahead of the pack, whilst Apple is losing market share at a great rate of knots. At least you have picked 1 winner. :biggrin:

It was said in jest (kind of!), but if we are going to talk share prices, the recent significant AAPL drop in share price reflects the overall market drop over that period, albeit with greater volatility typical of AAPL long term. Over the period of your graph (2 years), AAPL has increased 35%, whereas the XLF (Technology ETF - basically representative of the tech sector as a whole) increased only 13%, and the DOW only 2%. The NASDAQ (on which it is listed) increased 17%. AAPL has always been more volatile, and it's drop from the mid July highs has been 22%, compared to 7% for the XLF, but even accounting for that has outperformed both it's sector and the market. As to market share, 40% is pretty impressive in anyones books. I don't have data on % increase or decrease in market share to comment on though. TSLA over that period has had quite a ride and is currently about 10% up on where it was two years ago (but, I think, with a lot of upside potential if they can nail the model 3 release and production schedule).

Pontificating on the past like I have just done anyone can do... now if we could REALLY predict the future I would enter my order right now for a fully optioned up P85DL and a Model X and give my 85D to one of my kids :)

Last edited:
It was said in jest (kind of!), but if we are going to talk share prices, the recent significant AAPL drop in share price reflects the overall market drop over that period, albeit with greater volatility typical of AAPL long term. Over the period of your graph (2 years), AAPL has increased 35%, whereas the XLF (Technology ETF - basically representative of the tech sector as a whole) increased only 13%, and the DOW only 2%. The NASDAQ (on which it is listed) increased 17%. AAPL has always been more volatile, and it's drop from the mid July highs has been 22%, compared to 7% for the XLF, but even accounting for that has outperformed both it's sector and the market. As to market share, 40% is pretty impressive in anyones books. I don't have data on % increase or decrease in market share to comment on though. TSLA over that period has had quite a ride and is currently about 10% up on where it was two years ago (but, I think, with a lot of upside potential if they can nail the model 3 release and production schedule).

Pontificating on the past like I have just done anyone can do... now if we could REALLY predict the future I would enter my order right now for a fully optioned up P85DL and a Model X and give my 85D to one of my kids :)
I think I'll stick with my commercial real estate approach. Much easier and way better returns than all those.

With technical analysis you don't need a crystal ball - it is all about probabilities and edges. The graph just indicates the markets view of stock, and it no longer likes it. That would reflect strongly on sales. Note the ema 50 crossing the ema 200. It is the Death Cross.
Regardless of all that, whilst 40% is a large market share in company terms, it doesn't help the 60% (or whatever percentage) of tesla owners that can't print off a QR to alert others if they overstay their welcome at the SC. I only mentioned the fact that the app wasn't available on an OS other than IOS as a point of interest for the thread. Just sayin'.

PlugShare. Check in with that. Other users can message you via the app. Not just for Superchargers - for all charging locations. Available for iOS and Android. Not Tesla specific.

I registered on plugshare a week or so back, and a couple of days ago had someone (non Tesla) ring me up to ask if they could come charge up on a long road trip. They are coming around tomorrow. Nice to be able to help others out, knowing too that others might help me out when I need it.

PLug share is a really good app. I wish more people would use it. When I had the experience of all the superchargers being used in Richmond it was my first port of call - unfortunately none of the drivers had "check in ". Also have had the same issue with the Ten Minutes by Tractor DC.

I registered on plugshare a week or so back, and a couple of days ago had someone (non Tesla) ring me up to ask if they could come charge up on a long road trip. They are coming around tomorrow. Nice to be able to help others out, knowing too that others might help me out when I need it.

The family concerned were driving their daughters iMiev car from Sydney to Brisbane. Roughly 100km range on a 14kW battery, so quite a feat. They used Plugshare the whole way...
IMG_8361.JPG