Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Triple would be an extra 24...

I'm a moron :p

I started writing a comment "even if it only doubled instead of tripled"... and then later re-wrote it, but didn't catch it all!

Here's my "tripled" plan.

Doesn't include any extra urban SCs so may need an adjustment there...

upload_2017-7-29_22-24-54.png

Last edited:
Mildura, Hay and Wagga Wagga would give a more direct Adelaide-Sydney route.

I did think about that.. but:

Adelaide-Mildura-Wagga-Sydney - 1413km - would require 3+ extra SCs
Adelaide-Horsham-Bendigo-Sydney - 1476km - is 63km longer - but only requires 1 extra SC in Bendigo

I thought the second had better bang for buck. The first routes only benefit would be serving the populations of the towns enroute.

Having never driven these routes (except the Adelaide-Horsham leg over a decade ago!) I don't know the quality of the roads, my guess is the second one would be better.

I did think about that.. but:

Adelaide-Mildura-Wagga-Sydney - 1413km - would require 3+ extra SCs
Adelaide-Horsham-Bendigo-Sydney - 1476km - is 63km longer - but only requires 1 extra SC in Bendigo

I thought the second had better bang for buck. The first routes only benefit would be serving the populations of the towns enroute.

Having never driven these routes (except the Adelaide-Horsham leg over a decade ago!) I don't know the quality of the roads, my guess is the second one would be better.

I drove the Adelaide-Mildura-Wagga-Sydney route only last week for the first time, its an easy drive, 110kph all the way from outskirts of Adelaide to Nerrandera (except for towns obviously) and the Sturt Highway is in good condition, easy passsing of the many b-doubles as the road is very straight And little in the way of anything between Neranderra and Mildura.

You definitely have a point at the moment however.

Interesting that the new Brisbane SC, now added, is listed as "Brisbane-Fortitude Valley | Tesla"
Also the Euroa one is now "Euroa - Service Station Supercharger | Tesla" and Coffs Harbour is "Coffs Harbour - Big Banana Supercharger | Tesla".

This suggests that
(a) The FV site is not the only SC planned for Brisbane (then again, could use the same logic for Melbourne and there's only been 1 for some time now)
(b) The larger Euroa and Coffs locations will both be different (we knew this with Euroa)
(c) The smaller Euroa and Coffs locations will remain active (otherwise why rename the sites)

Attn: @meloccom re: sticky threads

I noticed you commented that there are a LOT of sticky threads for SCs in permit, construction or recently opened.

I've created this thread which may be more useful, and may allow you to un-sticky many of the others.
Supercharger - Index

Feel free to sticky it, if you want, or not if you don't :)

Note that it will need to be converted to a Wiki post or otherwise updated by a mod.

Attn: @meloccom re: sticky threads

I noticed you commented that there are a LOT of sticky threads for SCs in permit, construction or recently opened.

I've created this thread which may be more useful, and may allow you to un-sticky many of the others.
Supercharger - Index

Feel free to sticky it, if you want, or not if you don't :)

Note that it will need to be converted to a Wiki post or otherwise updated by a mod.
Hi @Chuq, yes I'm aware that we have a lot of stuck treads but I have do not have the power to create a sub folder for Australian NZ Superchargers and have asked HO and been declined in the past.
I am hoping it will be a temporary situation.
I'm overseas at the moment so will leave things as they are for the moment.
If I get time I will look up if it's possible to charge your thread to a Wiki.
Edit
Discussions in the moderator only section shows that only senior moderators can change a post to a Wiki, the function does not appear for me and other non senior moderators.
Nether solution is elegant as the links in your index post take you to the first post in each indexed thread and you then have to navigate to the last unread, versus a lot of sticky threads until the relevant Superchargers open.
I'm leaving as is for now, will have another look when I return home early October and I can work off Win 10 rather than the iPad 2 I'm traveling with.

the links in your index post take you to the first post in each indexed thread and you then have to navigate to the last unread

A suggestion (for when you get back!) is to add "unread" to the end of each link, ie Supercharger -Eaton (WA) previously Bunbury (WA) instead of Supercharger -Eaton (WA) previously Bunbury (WA)

P.S. I like having the individual build threads in the sticky section, but having a wiki'd index is also super-useful, now and in the future.

Reactions: srwx
Tesla has launched their "city supercharger" - basically superchargers in a different form factor, and 72 kW sustained (not paired): Supercharging Cities

But alongside this announcement they have updated their maps for 2018!
mUEg87S.png

I won't bother listing them all, but notably there will be second SC sites in Sydney and Melbourne, city locations in Perth, Canberra and the Gold Coast (as well as the recently announced Adelaide location).

It is possible that these locations might all get the new form factor city superchargers.

Lots of regional locations as well of course, mostly more in Vic and NSW.

• Informative
Reactions: alexeiw123 and LGGD
Tesla has launched their "city supercharger" - basically superchargers in a different form factor, and 72 kW sustained (not paired): Supercharging Cities

But alongside this announcement they have updated their maps for 2018!
mUEg87S.png

I won't bother listing them all, but notably there will be second SC sites in Sydney and Melbourne, city locations in Perth, Canberra and the Gold Coast (as well as the recently announced Adelaide location).

It is possible that these locations might all get the new form factor city superchargers.

Lots of regional locations as well of course, mostly more in Vic and NSW.

Mind: BLOWN!!!

Just looked at the NZ map, and Tesla has added another 5 planned supercharger locations from last time I looked at it

North Island:
Whangerei
Taihape

South Island:
Christchurch
Omarama
Geraldine

Surprised Queenstown and Dunedin aren't on there yet, but there are a couple of destinations chargers in queenstown.

View attachment 247073 Interesting that when you visit the supercharging map by mobile, you get 36 new locations coming.
If you search by Perth you get 4 coming, but only two shown on map on desktop site.
Searches on the following sites and nearby SC coming soon:
Broome - 4
Kalgoorlie - 4
Darwin - 6
Hobart - 7
Adelaide - 5
Nullabor - 5
All depends on the interpretation of nearby and soon.

Mind: BLOWN!!!
Don't hold your breath LGGD, Gympie has been pushed back to 2018 (seems it and Norwa got prioritised to SA similar to Brisbane moved to Ballarat last year) so it may still be more than 12 months before another charger opens in QLD. Maybe you could lobby for a Tesla battery to go into Gladstone with the proposed solar then you could get a few in double quick time;). Alternatively you could kidnap a certain actress and hold her for ransom :eek: