Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was passing through Geelong today and decided to visit Barrabool Hills Plaza to see if there was any hints of the previously rumoured charger site that could pop up. Nothing happening as far as I could tell. Not sure why I checked, I think I’m just mentally preparing for the annual bumping back of the Supercharger build dates. :(

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman and moa999
Tesla supercharger map updated for 2021!

Notable change - entries now updated on a per quarter basis.

Some previous entries have been removed, some changed to a more precise location, some added. Summary of all "coming soon" sites below. Brackets indicate that the marker is in a different or more precise location:

Q1: Geelong Vic, Brisbane Qld,

Q2: Traralgon Vic, Yea Vic (Mansfield)

Q3: Colac Vic, Frankston Vic (Baxter), Perth WA, Williams WA

Q4: Warrnambool Vic, Bairnsdale Vic, Melbourne 1 (CBD), Melbourne 2 (Nunawading), Wollongong NSW, Sydney 1 (Homebush), Sydney 2 (Woollahra), Bundaberg Qld (Childers)

Observations of note: Great Ocean Road has been removed, Frankston has moved slightly, Mansfield has moved to Yea (though pin is still located at Mansfield), Lakes Entrance has moved to Bairnsdale.

See map at Find Us | Tesla

Just a quick check. Someone has added a Supercharger to Openstreetmap in Lakes Entrance at the Central Hotel.

I'm pretty sure it's only a destination charger but before I change it I thought i'd check if maybe a Supercharger could have popped up down there?

Just a quick check. Someone has added a Supercharger to Openstreetmap in Lakes Entrance at the Central Hotel.

I'm pretty sure it's only a destination charger but before I change it I thought i'd check if maybe a Supercharger could have popped up down there?

I expect you're right - especially since the pin was moved *from* Lakes Entrance to Bairnsdale only a couple of months ago.

So it's March.. only 4 weeks left in Q1, and still no visibility on site construction at Geelong or Brisbane (Indooroopilly).

Then we move onto the two Q2 sites in Vic - Traralgon and Yea.

Hehe, yep. And surely the Q1 estimates would be the ones they’d be most confident of happening on time. I’ve been waiting on Torquay/Geelong since I first had a test drive half a decade ago.

Reactions: Chuq
I haven't seen @Vedaprime mention anything about seeing Superchargers being shipped out here either... although now that the cars are shipped from Shanghai on RORO vessels, presumably the Superchargers are not on the same ships as the cars anymore.
They never really were connected to car movements. Superchargers could be coming from US or from a supercharger factory in China now operational.
Typically they go to Melbourne off the ships.

I was heading down to Warrnambool this evening so thought I'd stop in at Colac Plaza to see if there was any progress on the new Supercharger. It turns out there's been plenty of activity with an area next to the current destination chargers fenced off. Conduits have been run in concreted trenches to three supercharger pedestal locations and possibly a fourth in a concrete slab thats been poured at the end where the cabinets would go. It looks to be well on track for completion in Q2 provided they get the supercharger pedestals on site. Photo below:

Colac SC.jpg

Great find @Chenkers ! Now added to supercharge.info and dedicated thread created here: Supercharger - Colac, Vic

I speculated this location due to the owner of this centre also being the owner of the Bendigo and Gympie supercharger host sites. I also speculated Barrabool Hills in Geelong for the same reason. Not sure if that happens to be somewhere you'll be passing on your way back or not.. :)