Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated previous map - 3 fewer stations overall:

Changes related to more detailed Syd-Bris map released by Tesla:
- Removed Tuggerah
- Moved Macksville to Kempsey
- Moved Cooroy to Gympie
- Moved Childers to Gin Gin
- Removed Goomeri
Additional changes (Tas)
- Removed Kingston
- Moved Kempton to Hobart

Damn! My parents are down near Kingston. Was thinking of getting them a MS...

Has anyone heard anything about supercharger installation since the initial rush? I have heard nothing. The other interesting (worrying) thing is that there has been zero movement on the construction site in St Leonards since just before Christmas. You would think they would complete at least the service centre if indeed they are waiting for some kind of approval for the sub station. They MUST have had some kind of of approval for that for things to have gone as far as they have. Wonder if the money supply has temporarily dried up...??....
I believe that they still have the Banksmeadow site for service - so yet another drain for rent....

Has anyone heard anything about supercharger installation since the initial rush? I have heard nothing. The other interesting (worrying) thing is that there has been zero movement on the construction site in St Leonards since just before Christmas. You would think they would complete at least the service centre if indeed they are waiting for some kind of approval for the sub station. They MUST have had some kind of of approval for that for things to have gone as far as they have. Wonder if the money supply has temporarily dried up...??....
I believe that they still have the Banksmeadow site for service - so yet another drain for rent....

Everything is moving behind the scenes, don't worry David :D

I'm not sure of the range assurance algorithm will take account of the presence of a home charger or let users add chargers as they appear. For instance what if I'm driving out of range of a SC but there's a destination charger at someone's private house that is available en route? If I visit there regularly I don't want to be repeatedly reminded that I'm running out of charge when I know that I will be able to charge.

I'm not sure of the range assurance algorithm will take account of the presence of a home charger or let users add chargers as they appear. For instance what if I'm driving out of range of a SC but there's a destination charger at someone's private house that is available en route? If I visit there regularly I don't want to be repeatedly reminded that I'm running out of charge when I know that I will be able to charge.

From what I read it includes allowing for 'places you've charged previously' which would include home or known destination (like a holiday house) chargers.

There is a story about the latest update in today's paper Tesla Model S: Australia to have Superchargers everywhere, and the end of range anxiety

In that story is a rough map of future superchargers in Australia by only a few family driving holidays away!

Interesting. I thought Elon mentioned that they were going to put additional investment into Australia, but the supercharger map in the article is the same as originally shown at launch.....with the same timelines. Were his comments hyperbole or might Tesla genuinely accelerate their rate of investment in Australia. Technically his comments could be taken that they will have future investments (i.e.continue with the plan), but contextually they seemed to be suggesting more than initially planned/communicated.