Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Hawaii (location speculation, general discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realize that there is already a thread for the eventual Honolulu Supercharger, but I'm creating this thread anyway - especially since Tesla only has 3 Hawaii Superchargers on the "schedule". When Tesla first announced the 3 planned Supercharges for us here in Hawaii (2 on Oahu, 1 on Maui), with the "Target 2018" wording, I really wasn't expecting them to actually be able to get them completed in 2018. I still hope that they can start them soon, though. One thing that I just noticed, was now Hawaii is included in the pricing list, at $0.34 / kWh. This is fairly new, as when the announcement was made, Hawaii wasn't included in the drop-down list. I check the Maui permit site on a regular basis, and nothing is in the works, at least officially. So, the waiting continues...

When I test drove the model 3 the Tesla employee said they are planning on having two Superchargers on Oahu. One in Honolulu/Waikiki area and one in Kapolei
I think your Tesla rep just voiced the exact same thing that Tesla put on the map. Usually, unless a Tesla rep knows about a Supercharger under construction, he will tell you that it will be open by X date on the map.

Well, that's not accurate. We'd like for them to put one in Kapolei too, but the Supercharger map shows Honolulu in the Kakaako area, and Kailua - does not show Kapolei.

Mr. PlugShare, are you THE Plugshare app developer?

I just noticed on my account page (view details- I think) I have 6 months "free supercharging".
I called Tesla mainland and was told I'm just outta luck if no Superchargers here yet. I wonder if we all made a big deal if we could get a little supercharger credit out of them????

I saw a youtube video notice that M3 performance models can ask Tesla for $5k refund instead of their lifetime supercharger benefit.

I wonder whether Tesla would offer all Hawaii owners eligible for unlimited lifetime Supercharging some type of refund or credit towards other upgrades for not having superchargers in the entire state?!

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP