Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Hong Kong are not for long distance travel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes super chargers are definitely not adequate. The people who rely on it will surely be pissed, hopefully they knew what they were stepping into when they got their car. If you look at the ImTesla app, it is the same people updating it every few hours every day, guess who are these super users? I wish Tesla did implement a fair use policy to even the playing field. It feels that Tesla already tapped the easy to install super chargers spots already and any new spots are hard to come by. If you were a property manager, you wouldn't want a Tesla line up in your car park clogging things up.

Yes super chargers are definitely not adequate. The people who rely on it will surely be pissed, hopefully they knew what they were stepping into when they got their car. If you look at the ImTesla app, it is the same people updating it every few hours every day, guess who are these super users? I wish Tesla did implement a fair use policy to even the playing field. It feels that Tesla already tapped the easy to install super chargers spots already and any new spots are hard to come by. If you were a property manager, you wouldn't want a Tesla line up in your car park clogging things up.

Misbehaved super charger users should be penalized. There are users occupying the SC after charging completed.

I was at Cyberport to watch a movie and parked in front of the SC bays so I could charge afterwards.

After the movie (over 2 hours later) there were 3 (out of 6 bays!!) MS's still occupying the SC from the time I had arrived.

I went up to one of the owners when they returned to the vehicle and they simply brushed the overstay off by staying "what can I do, I was watching a movie?".

All the while, queues of cars are lined up waiting.....

Very selfish and inconsiderate.

Something really needs to be done to educate some of the Tesla community.

I was at Cyberport to watch a movie and parked in front of the SC bays so I could charge afterwards.

After the movie (over 2 hours later) there were 3 (out of 6 bays!!) MS's still occupying the SC from the time I had arrived.

I went up to one of the owners when they returned to the vehicle and they simply brushed the overstay off by staying "what can I do, I was watching a movie?".

All the while, queues of cars are lined up waiting.....

Very selfish and inconsiderate.

Something really needs to be done to educate some of the Tesla community.
In the old days, we kept on blaming charging slots occupied by ICE. Now, the most complaints are from selfish EV users occuping a charging slot without charging needs.

Free does not work.....when something is perceived to be free....it is either not valued or abused.
Yes, I've been advocating a limit a car can use the super charger for in a month. This should stop people who over park and make it more accessible to consumer drivers. 10 hours a month is plentiful for normal people (that's >2k km per month!), it will even give a nudge to people to install home chargers if they could.

Now I just advocate people not to get a Tesla, if they don't have a charger at home or at work.

I would install a home charger or at work charger if I could, as would most Tesla drivers I suspect. Unfortunately it is not currently an option for many. In the interim, I think Tesla should take the initiative and manage its supercharger network proactively. Either have a valet system, limit charging, etc - but with the increasing number of Teslas competing for supercharger use, the situation will get worse before it gets better hopefully when home or at work charging becomes more widely available. As we have seen, relying on goodwill or common-sense usage of Superchargers will not work. Tesla needs to be proactive to manage this situation if it wants to keep its customers happy.

In the old days, we kept on blaming charging slots occupied by ICE. Now, the most complaints are from selfish EV users occuping a charging slot without charging needs.

Well... Don't assume they are not the same group of people. When I first using supercharger 1.5 year ago, all users were so nice and would come back just to move their car away. Then we have Uber drivers, then we have all these wonderful people who occupy the slots and help protect our environment by preventing someone else from charging and using electricity. I guess they are better environmentalists than me