Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you see my post regarding the potential charger in Florence, WI? http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...locations-as-a-bridge-to-Super-Chargers/page5

I should know the details in a couple of weeks.

I'm also looking for Tesla owners with HPWCs that can help me get from Florence back through Milwaukee, Chicago, St. Louis and Springfield, MO on July 14 to July 16.

JD - thanks for your post. Pls let me know if you find anything. We may travel the last weekend in July or Aug depending on schedules. Not only is UP scarce but we would have a hard time finding a Nema 14-50 even at Eagle River. The RV options are dismal.

I'm also looking for Tesla owners with HPWCs that can help me get from Florence back through Milwaukee, Chicago, St. Louis and Springfield, MO on July 14 to July 16.

I'm a bit off the path but can offer my HPWC that weekend. You'd be taking I-55 south from Chicago to St. Louis, to get to my home you'd have to go about 40 miles out of your way (at Lebanon, IL you'd exit I-55 and go southeast a bit down toward I-64). Then your onward journey would be via I-64 to St. Louis (45 mi from riverfront) and then back onto I-44. PM me if you think you'll need it and we can go over details -- I know it's out of the way but it's an option for you.

Liz - where do you plan on charging in Northern IL, WI, or MI? I would like to go to Upper Peninsula (Yooper!) MI this summer but even RV parks are scarce north of WI Dells.

Thanks!

We haven't fully mapped out the route yet. But will charge in Bloomington, either at the SC or at a J1772. Crossing our fingers that the J1772 will be up and running. We will then drive slowly up to Milwaukee where we will stay at one of the hotels there that has a J1772 or 240v. Then we should have enough charge to make it all the way up to Norway, if we drive conservatively. There are some J1772's in Green Bay in case we have any concerns about making it all the way up. On the way back we will be coming thru Stevens Point. There is a Holiday Inn there were we've stayed before and they said they'd have a 240v available for us. Then probably a stop around Madison (unless the Rockford SC is up and running) and a stop in Bloomington.

I will post the final details once we have them. A lot is dependent on whether or not the SC's are available.

HPWC In Milwaukee area

We haven't fully mapped out the route yet. But will charge in Bloomington, either at the SC or at a J1772. Crossing our fingers that the J1772 will be up and running. We will then drive slowly up to Milwaukee where we will stay at one of the hotels there that has a J1772 or 240v. Then we should have enough charge to make it all the way up to Norway, if we drive conservatively. There are some J1772's in Green Bay in case we have any concerns about making it all the way up. On the way back we will be coming thru Stevens Point. There is a Holiday Inn there were we've stayed before and they said they'd have a 240v available for us. Then probably a stop around Madison (unless the Rockford SC is up and running) and a stop in Bloomington.

I will post the final details once we have them. A lot is dependent on whether or not the SC's are available.

Liz, were you aware of Scott's post: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...locations-as-a-bridge-to-Super-Chargers/page5 HPWC in Waukesha but exact date of install is unknown but may be able to help you.

I'm a bit off the path but can offer my HPWC that weekend. You'd be taking I-55 south from Chicago to St. Louis, to get to my home you'd have to go about 40 miles out of your way (at Lebanon, IL you'd exit I-55 and go southeast a bit down toward I-64). Then your onward journey would be via I-64 to St. Louis (45 mi from riverfront) and then back onto I-44. PM me if you think you'll need it and we can go over details -- I know it's out of the way but it's an option for you.
JD:

We don't have a HPWC (since we only opted for the single charger), but our 14-50 is available to any other forum members passing through STL that need a faster boost than the handful of public level 2 stuff.

We're in the vicinity of 270 & 40/64. Just shoot either me or bluefuego a PM if you ever want to arrange a date/time in advance for a quick pit stop if FlasherZ's or another HPWC doesn't work with your route for some reason.

JD:

We don't have a HPWC (since we only opted for the single charger), but our 14-50 is available to any other forum members passing through STL that need a faster boost than the handful of public level 2 stuff.

We're in the vicinity of 270 & 40/64. Just shoot either me or bluefuego a PM if you ever want to arrange a date/time in advance for a quick pit stop if FlasherZ's or another HPWC doesn't work with your route for some reason.
Thanks for the offers. With a HPWC in Waukesha I now am set for getting to Chicago but from there to St Louis will require another 4 hour charge someplace in between. Willing to stay over night in the St. Louis area and I believe I have seen posts suggesting a hotel that had a charge station? Of course making it from St. Louis to my house without more charging is not possible (325 miles) but I might get some juice in Springfield or by Evan. When do we get the Bloomington/Normal Super Charger?

Nothing happening today, June 20, 2013

Still waiting for juice

Attachments

• IMG_0979.JPG
    IMG_0979.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 368
Ribbon Cutting = Wed, June 26th @ 10am

We had a call this morning with a Tesla Marketing Representative regarding the Tesla Supercharger Ribbon Cutting. The event is scheduled for 10:00 am on Wednesday, June 26 and will take place on the 3rd floor of the Uptown Station Parking Deck. We may potentially move down to the Gateway Plaza to continue the press conference, if necessary. Below is the tentative schedule: 10:00 am – Senator Cullerton arrives onsite and charges10:15 am – Local media/ Photo Opp/ Ribbon Cutting10:40 am – Senator Cullerton leaves for SpringfieldI am working on a press release that will probably go out late Monday afternoon, but wanted to give you a heads up. Please mark your calendars for this exciting event! We hope to see the EVTown support on Wednesday. Thanks!Heather BealCommunications ManagerTown of Normal(309) 454-9595 (office)(309) 310-8215 (mobile)[email protected]

We had a call this morning with a Tesla Marketing Representative regarding the Tesla Supercharger Ribbon Cutting. The event is scheduled for 10:00 am on Wednesday, June 26 and will take place on the 3rd floor of the Uptown Station Parking Deck. We may potentially move down to the Gateway Plaza to continue the press conference, if necessary. Below is the tentative schedule: 10:00 am – Senator Cullerton arrives onsite and charges10:15 am – Local media/ Photo Opp/ Ribbon Cutting10:40 am – Senator Cullerton leaves for SpringfieldI am working on a press release that will probably go out late Monday afternoon, but wanted to give you a heads up. Please mark your calendars for this exciting event! We hope to see the EVTown support on Wednesday. Thanks!Heather BealCommunications ManagerTown of Normal(309) 454-9595 (office)(309) 310-8215 (mobile)[email protected]

Dancing in the aisles at work getting some really stranger looks from my co-workers.But Oh Baby am I one Happy Camper!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your updates.

woohoo!!!! Trying to figure out if I can reschedule my appointments that day to make the trek up there from STL. I so want to go! :biggrin:

I'm not even an owner, just a small potatoes investor / enthusiast, but I understand the importance of this event. The first supercharger not on either coast, it's like driving the golden spike in the trans-continental railroad. (OK maybe not quite but you get my meaning...)

I will be taking the day off work and heading down from Chicago at 7:30 AM. I want to tell my girls when they're driving their Gen III's to college, that I was a part of it, in a small way.

I have re-upped my ZipCar membership and will be renting a Volt to drive down for the ribbon-cutting. Hope to see some of y'all there.