Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Northern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
any one from Berkeley area knows if Berkley Lab's have any chargers inside the campus ? PlugShare doesn't show any.

I have a trip planned several weeks from now staying at the guest house for few days and w/o the Vacaville coming/returning to Portland might be pushing the limit (85Kw), prefer not to have to go through Folsom.

I see some reports that Vac. might be ready soon, any fresh recon's ? I called Vac. city permits/building dep. but they didn't helped, they wanted an address so they can check in their DB (its like if I had one why would I would need to call them ?...).

thanks

any one from Berkeley area knows if Berkley Lab's have any chargers inside the campus ? PlugShare doesn't show any.

I have a trip planned several weeks from now staying at the guest house for few days and w/o the Vacaville coming/returning to Portland might be pushing the limit (85Kw), prefer not to have to go through Folsom.

Plugshare shows a J1772 at Upper Hearst Parking structure and 2 J1772 at the Center Street Garage, just west of the campus. If you're staying a few days at the guest house, even a 110V and your UMC might be adequate.

Last edited:

I see some reports that Vac. might be ready soon, any fresh recon's ? I called Vac. city permits/building dep. but they didn't helped, they wanted an address so they can check in their DB (its like if I had one why would I would need to call them ?...).

thanks
i live in vaca and am keeping an eye out. Nothing new. City was open with me last time i asked about a spot, but that spot wasnt a tesla one. I now think I know another potential spot. I'll try to ask the city this week?

Rumor is that the crew went to another spot first, then they are coming here.

The spot I'm watching now has four parking spots that have been blocked off for about 3 weeks with no changes.

i live in vaca and am keeping an eye out. Nothing new. City was open with me last time i asked about a spot, but that spot wasnt a tesla one. I now think I know another potential spot. I'll try to ask the city this week?

The spot I'm watching now has four parking spots that have been blocked off for about 3 weeks with no changes.
Well thank you Kraken for watching it. You may want to give them the exact address you have seen the cones so they can check it against aproved permits. This can confirm/elim. that spot. Thanks again.

and btw I found that LBL had plans back in Apr. to add 10 slow charging spots and a fast charger in the campus.

At today's supercharger event in Seattle, I spoke briefly with Kevin Kassekert, Director of Supercharger Deployment and Energy Efficiency. He said construction will start on the Vacaville supercharger within the next few days.

Scroll down to photos taken today of what might be the Vacaville SC
Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles
They are doing a TON of construction on that parking lot., so it is tough to say if that is just more construction or not. The pictures look very promising. It was my originally speculated location. There were about 5 spots I thought it might be in that parking lot. I took some pics of that outlet and posted them in the supercharger thread a few weeks ago Tesla Supercharger network - Page 186 . That being said, the spot makes a ton of sense because it is the same outlets as other current supercharger locations. When I talked to someone, they only pointed me to the spots that are now chademo chargers.

the fact that it was only chademo chargers that were installed got me thinking that maybe it wasnt the outlets, or that possibly it still is, but maybe there will be some on each side of the highway.

i will continue to keep an eye on both locations on either side of the highway. As someone said in one of these threads, vacaville could use 8 spots.... Maybe it will be four on either side of the highway.

--------
just checked it out. Looks like 8 spots, and it looks very likely to be a good hit.
With 8 spots there, I doubt the four blocked off spots at nut tree are more of them. Probably just another non tesla charging spot. The good thing is that if the supercharger is full, there are at least about 10-15 other charging spots within a mile or two.

Last edited:
Already some big movement at that location at vacaville. Large PVC conduit is sitting out and large areas are roped off. The sidewalk between the large square and the parking lot is now coned off. That box is now substantially bigger and has some conduit sticking out in the middle, it looks like.