Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Southern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was just at the San Clemente Outlet stores. I think this would make a perfect location, easy on/off freeway access. Many shops and restaurants. Plenty of space, in fact a large run of parking spots that look to be designed for super charging. Check out the spot on the linked map: Google Maps

I would think the operators of the outlets would welcome tesla owners walking around their stores waiting for charge to complete.

Reactions: 4SUPER9
Was just at the San Clemente Outlet stores. I think this would make a perfect location, easy on/off freeway access. Many shops and restaurants. Plenty of space, in fact a large run of parking spots that look to be designed for super charging. Check out the spot on the linked map: Google Maps

I would think the operators of the outlets would welcome tesla owners walking around their stores waiting for charge to complete.
I just did a thorough (?) search of San Clemente's websites here, but could not find anything regarding any Superchargers going in. I did find a few residential permits for chargers, and did find that Black & Veatch activated a business license there 1 year ago, which expires in a month.

Hello All, SCV resident.

Possible Santa Clarita Supercharger location found these recent permits regarding EV chargers. Not sure how Tesla's permitting lingo goes. Below is only speculation.

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,dO_erZMtyWNyrGKzW1BtRzCmOldMt4pm_SIluWAGv03y75Plsb92SoLp_nBBP8Fa06bGBEkj4r47wAQNYjQPLXiPDWInUlV0ewQPBDhTIxmfM6QU00eurW5f7F1sJ7anjh0Cazx7RRb0gPhiCEb3ENmCTJ7k4MehStrSVEOmr3hD-wV75-QFW8aGYspu8NF6zNtHd7CepgMSlPL0g7PO4-Ia0xK3YF3keKU8PKQWR-hp4viZsRAmmL1j6nugAE78csZCOScKUrfzkBg73nEGILZD1l6rcoQVvkd82w

Google Maps
Permit: OTC17-00635
Application Date: 05/30/2017
Address:22122 SOLEDAD CANYON ROAD
Description: approval for EV charger. not to take up parkign lot space.

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,FKienCp8WAne-_v-WIJIohzgEz6Q3v1F4DXg-mUaavErLH4fvuYtsU8atinI6050NXxZLkQi_pkw0wNrPeU_iVVVQqcZT3STUz7aVJuKozdQEUuxi1FRQFDET9w8E-MlI5jUFn76KSUcrjHLQf3YYvDoUEVyf2_b4w7bUxUrK047WcFoz1ybcORxZls

Google Maps
Permit: OTC17-00589
Application Date: 05/19/2017
Address:26950 THEATER DRIVE
Description: approval for installation of infrastructure for EV charging stations within parking structure.

• Informative
Reactions: emchen
Hello All, SCV resident.

Possible Santa Clarita Supercharger location found these recent permits regarding EV chargers. Not sure how Tesla's permitting lingo goes. Below is only speculation.

Google Maps

Google Maps
Description: approval for installation of infrastructure for EV charging stations within parking structure.

My best guess is the latter is going to be a supercharger. It's a pretty decent spot, but it looks like it's inside a parking garage again which I'm not really a fan of. But whatever, beggars can't be choosers!!
Nice find, and I agree. The first one says "not to take up any parking spaces", but the second one describes the need for an infrastructure, which indicates more than just a level 2 charger. I looked up that permit, and there is no description of the contractor, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: emchen
Couldn't it just be a standard J1772 charger? A la chargepoint? The mall doesn't have any ev chargers yet.
Just wondering
Could be, but would a J1772 require "infrastructure"? Maybe. It seems to me that it would just say "EV charger"

Maybe I am being just overly optimistic. This location would be ideal for traveling for all points south and north. No more charging at Burbank to get to Tejon!

Hello All, SCV resident.

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,dO_erZMtyWNyrGKzW1BtRzCmOldMt4pm_SIluWAGv03y75Plsb92SoLp_nBBP8Fa06bGBEkj4r47wAQNYjQPLXiPDWInUlV0ewQPBDhTIxmfM6QU00eurW5f7F1sJ7anjh0Cazx7RRb0gPhiCEb3ENmCTJ7k4MehStrSVEOmr3hD-wV75-QFW8aGYspu8NF6zNtHd7CepgMSlPL0g7PO4-Ia0xK3YF3keKU8PKQWR-hp4viZsRAmmL1j6nugAE78csZCOScKUrfzkBg73nEGILZD1l6rcoQVvkd82w

Google Maps

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,FKienCp8WAne-_v-WIJIohzgEz6Q3v1F4DXg-mUaavErLH4fvuYtsU8atinI6050NXxZLkQi_pkw0wNrPeU_iVVVQqcZT3STUz7aVJuKozdQEUuxi1FRQFDET9w8E-MlI5jUFn76KSUcrjHLQf3YYvDoUEVyf2_b4w7bUxUrK047WcFoz1ybcORxZls

Google Maps
I would love an update on these locations. Anybody going near there who can check them out?

I would love an update on these locations. Anybody going near there who can check them out?
I sure hope it's not just a J1772 upgrade of the current wall plugs shown in the picture (post #248). I'll dry through the multistory parking garage there today.

Only concern is it can get quite congested in that structure. There are expansive, vacant, open air parking out by Sears that could be a lot more friendly to Model X's towing trailers.

While a dated story I found it interesting.

My house flooded 6 weeks ago and since that time I have been staying at a hotel in San Dimas. I so wish we had local charging. I have to plan and head out to RC. There are some standard chargers about a miles walk from the hotel, but, do not like clogging them up all of the time and the walk has not been enjoyable in the heat.

That's not the dated part :)

The hotel manager said Tesla was on his site about a year ago evaluating his back parking lot. I personally could see why. It is near a lot of food, freeway close and segmented away from the rest of the parking for the hotel.

He said Tesla was happy with the location, but, was going to wait to see what amenities were going to be at the new Gold Line stops and would make a final decision then.

Who knows if any of this is applicable anymore (especially with Pomona as a planned location), but, I thought it was worth a share.

San Dimas is a great spot - near a major freeway interchange (57 and 210), local attractions (Pomona Fairgrounds, Raging Waters, etc.), and plenty of restaurants. The only problem? I think it's a bit too close to Rancho Cucomanga so I doubt that anything further will happen.

At this point, I'm still hoping for either the Rose Bowl (Pasadena) or the Santa Anita mall (Arcadia).

The only problem? I think it's a bit too close to Rancho Cucomanga so I doubt that anything further will happen.
I posted a response one or two pages back to someone else with a similar thought.

I basically said, there are gas stations on every corner and most still coming all the time (more Costco and those Food for Less/Sam's Club islands, etc) so there's no reason not to keep building more and more L2/SpC's all over the place.

With the Model 3/s/x and future cars they will be selling along with other EV's out there, it's stupid not to put them closer together.

More is better! :cool: bring it on!

Reactions: 4SUPER9
I posted a response one or two pages back to someone else with a similar thought.

I basically said, there are gas stations on every corner and most still coming all the time (more Costco and those Food for Less/Sam's Club islands, etc) so there's no reason not to keep building more and more L2/SpC's all over the place.

With the Model 3/s/x and future cars they will be selling along with other EV's out there, it's stupid not to put them closer together.

More is better! :cool: bring it on!
Agreed. A good example of this is the I-15. Barstow, Yermo and Baker are all reasonably close (not as close as San Dimas to RC, but still). Bakersfield has 2 just miles apart. The initial roll-out is to optimize locations for travel between point A and B. It is now becoming important to have redundant locations. If one location goes down, and it is the only point in between destinations, traveler's are screwed.

Reactions: JasonA-EV
Agreed. A good example of this is the I-15. Barstow, Yermo and Baker are all reasonably close (not as close as San Dimas to RC, but still). Bakersfield has 2 just miles apart. The initial roll-out is to optimize locations for travel between point A and B. It is now becoming important to have redundant locations. If one location goes down, and it is the only point in between destinations, traveler's are screwed.

Agree. But at the same time, those who travel 57 route, that make sense as the next one on 57 route would be Santa Ana. There nothing in between.

But on the 2010 i think Irwindale would be a better choice. Maybe across from the Speed Race Track or near City of Hope.