TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Superchargers in Southern California (location speculation)

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by lg_golfs, May 23, 2015.

1. ibxspeedracer

ibxspeedracer Member

San Juan Capistrano being the absolute horror of the SC's with overwhelming traffic in the area and only growing could really use some sort of relief from a great up-and-coming potential location for another south Orange County SC location: San Clemente Outlet Mall! This potential location, right off I-5, with light to no traffic at all, would fit the quintessential Tesla preferred candidate location for a SC beautifully.

• Like x 1
  2. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Well-Known Member

Great, figure out who the mall owner is and ask them if they want a Supercharger...

3. amptsup

amptsup Member

There is definitely a Supercharger coming to Fountain Valley! It is being built now at the Costco Center off MacArthur Blvd. The exact location is at the South end of the PetSmart store near the corner of MacArthur Blvd and Newhope St. I went by the area yesterday and there is construction fencing around the site in the parking lot and a row of framing for the chargers. I will start a new thread and post pictures when I get a chance.

• Informative x 1
  4. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

That's pretty convenient to the SOCO OC Tesla casual meetup locations that we've been going to for a while now.

5. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Active Member

6. tnnm

tnnm Member

So in the image I've posted, is it in section A or section B? Only 14 miles from where I live! Still, I hope they build another SC in between the 605 and 710.
    FV_SC.PNG

• Informative x 1
  7. amptsup

amptsup Member

A, next to PetSmart.

8. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

I hope the put in 12 stations. A lot of Tesla owners in OC. SJC is too far away and doesn't serve central OC

9. granget

granget Member

I just stopped by to check it out. I parked and walked in the green fencing. A guy quickly walked up and asked if he could help me. I asked if they were working on a Tesla SC. He said he couldn't discuss it. I did see all of the red and white Tesla logos on everything though. I then asked him when "his project" would be completed. It was obvious I knew what they were working on. He said that they would be done by the end of July, but he had no idea where they were in the permitting, etc. process. Looks like it is official and it will be up and running soon.

• Like x 1
  10. tnnm

tnnm Member

Good work!

11. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

There is a location specific thread for Fountain Valley now: Supercharger - Fountain Valley

You may want to use that thread to keep Fountain Valley info in one place.

12. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Thanks Cottonwood. Members, please post your comments about the newly discovered Fountain Valley Supercharger in the thread specifically about it.

Thanks,
    Your friendly moderator

• Informative x 1
  13. tnnm

tnnm Member

Moving on...

So, very exciting about Fountain Valley but moving on...

Does anyone speculate that TM will install another SC somewhere between FV and Redondo Beach along the 405? Perhaps around the 605, 710 or 110? Looking at their "future SC" map, it appears we'll be getting at least two or three more along the coastline by the end of 2015 but I've read in another thread that they just keep rolling those installations into the subsequent year's map.

14. Cottonwood

Here is the Tesla 2015 Map zoomed in on California. Have fun squinting...

CA-2015.jpg

15. abasile

abasile Conscientious investor

San Bernardino Mts., CA (Elev. 6100' / 1900m)
    I'm pleased as punch to see the continued, planned coverage of US-395 between SoCal and Reno.

In addition to a planned SC in Bishop, CA, it seems clear that the next pin north is on Lee Vining, CA, just west of Mono Lake and just east of Tioga Pass and Yosemite National Park. This is exactly what some of us have been hoping for.

Continuing north, the next pin is somewhere around Minden, NV or possibly Carson City.

16. Cottonwood

Here is a version overlaid onto a Google Maps map view for more squinting pleasure. :wink:

Open it up in a separate tab (right click option), to zoom in for more detail on the Google Map image.

CA-Google-ed.jpg

17. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Active Member

#37 4SUPER9, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
    Thanks Cottonwood. I decided to take your map and try to compare it to the current Tesla Motors map, and could not figure it out. My eyes are too old. So, I enlarged their current map and attempted a side-by-side comparison, marking the ones with blue that are live, the FV one with orange, and the others that are speculated by TM in black. I got a little lost in the coast near Santa Barbara, but think I got it right:
    Superchargers.jpg

18. Lump

Lump Active Member

I am guessing Burbank & Malibu are the 2 unannounced Los Angeles locations, poor lonely Fresno.

19. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

My squinting points to the following new 2015 locations:
    Lee Vining, Bishop, Beatty NV, Santa Barbara, Malibu, Sherman Oaks, Murrieta, and Poway

20. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

Guess non for San Gabriel valley