Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Southern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think service centers will get SC stalls going forward if they can. The Santa Barbara Service Center will open later this year and it looks like it will have SC stalls according to the TM map.
The newest 6-stall in Texas is at a Service Center. It lets Tesla provide a 24-hour lounge for charging customers.
"SC" SCs must be a lot easier to deploy than the negotiations needed with hosts, parking spot placement, signage, etc...

I thought I heard that Brea was going to be getting a Service Center. Yes? If so, it would be great if it had SC's as well.

I asked the guy at the Tesla Sales in Brea and he said it was mention, but no immediate plan. They wanted to get Costa Mesa to hit capacity first before they look into Brea.

The whole SuperCharger location in Southern California, I think it was poorly planned. If the intent is for traveler to use them, then space them apart accordingly. You have Redondo, Culver City, and Los Angeles within 30 miles apart from each other, then the next nearest is all the way in SJC or Rancho.

You have a huge gap in between with no chargers for Tesla owners. Fountain Valley is a nice location, but 8 chargers is limited.

Would love to see one either Brea or Diamond Bar would be a nice middle point.

The next good location would be 605/5 freeway junction

Another good location is by 210/134 junction

and definitely one in the San Fernando Valley.

Supercharger.png

Agree with all of your location points. I am a little bit dyslexic and tried my best to align the coming soon map to a regular map and it did look like there was a spot that looked like the 10/605 connectors or the 10/57 connectors.

The 210 gap to the San Fernando Valley is a little baffling. My golf coach is 75 miles away from me down the 210 and with a 70D. I need to be careful.

Agree with all of your location points. I am a little bit dyslexic and tried my best to align the coming soon map to a regular map and it did look like there was a spot that looked like the 10/605 connectors or the 10/57 connectors.

The 210 gap to the San Fernando Valley is a little baffling. My golf coach is 75 miles away from me down the 210 and with a 70D. I need to be careful.
If you look at my post here, I took Cottonwood's map and marked all the current known locations and the unknown future locations from Tesla, and no such animals exist in those locations you mentioned. The 10/605 and 10/57 are interesting ideas. It may be more beneficial though to get one on the 5 first, such as in Downey or Anaheim. It does look like there will be one in Burbank or somewhere in the SF Valley. Personally, I think the 210/10 would most ideal.

If you look at my post here, I took Cottonwood's map and marked all the current known locations and the unknown future locations from Tesla, and no such animals exist in those locations you mentioned. The 10/605 and 10/57 are interesting ideas. It may be more beneficial though to get one on the 5 first, such as in Downey or Anaheim. It does look like there will be one in Burbank or somewhere in the SF Valley. Personally, I think the 210/10 would most ideal.

This was some seriously good analysis work. Thanks 4SUPER9!

I asked the guy at the Tesla Sales in Brea and he said it was mention, but no immediate plan. They wanted to get Costa Mesa to hit capacity first before they look into Brea.

The whole SuperCharger location in Southern California, I think it was poorly planned. If the intent is for traveler to use them, then space them apart accordingly. You have Redondo, Culver City, and Los Angeles within 30 miles apart from each other, then the next nearest is all the way in SJC or Rancho.

You have a huge gap in between with no chargers for Tesla owners. Fountain Valley is a nice location, but 8 chargers is limited.

Would love to see one either Brea or Diamond Bar would be a nice middle point.

The next good location would be 605/5 freeway junction

Another good location is by 210/134 junction

and definitely one in the San Fernando Valley.

View attachment 87206

Got stuck in that area once...thank you plug-share!

Was stuck in brea yesterday with less than 70 range left to drive back to Anaheim and then corona. The brea downtown have four free public chargers all hogged for hours by the same cars. They use Bosch and clipper creek. I had to turn on range mode, turn off fog light, turn off AC. Made it home with 24 miles range left.

Basically plug share is good identifying spots, but there little info on availAble on these non-charge point or blink network.

Would hat to drive around one by one spot on plug share to find a charging spot and wait for charge rate of 14-15 miles per hour with a car full of ppl.

If there a super charger within 15 miles range or even 20 I would love to see that.

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Was stuck in brea yesterday with less than 70 range left to drive back to Anaheim and then corona. The brea downtown have four free public chargers all hogged for hours by the same cars. They use Bosch and clipper creek. I had to turn on range mode, turn off fog light, turn off AC. Made it home with 24 miles range left.

Basically plug share is good identifying spots, but there little info on availAble on these non-charge point or blink network.

Would hat to drive around one by one spot on plug share to find a charging spot and wait for charge rate of 14-15 miles per hour with a car full of ppl.

If there a super charger within 15 miles range or even 20 I would love to see that.

If you had a CHAdeMO adapter, there are "free" ones at the Anaheim Transportation hub close to the "Pond" as well as in Cypress at Mitsubishi HQ (after 6pm and before 7am M-F and weekends 24 h).

Click on the names for the Plugshare links (on the web)

Anaheim Regional Transit Intermodal Center - Lot A - 2626 E Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806 - Need Greenlots App on iOS or Android to initiate charge (but it's free).

Mitsubishi HQ - 6400 Katella Ave, Cypress, CA 90630 - No App needed, hours from 6pm to 7am M-F, 24 hours on the weekend. Historically really busy with Leafs.

Awesome - Thanks. Bookmarked! Can't wait for chademo plug lol.

Interesting on the greenlots app, the website doesn't show they are in California.

Found out in the San Fernando Valley, at some of the LADWP area have free charging chademo as well.

Awesome - Thanks. Bookmarked! Can't wait for chademo plug lol.

Interesting on the greenlots app, the website doesn't show they are in California.

Found out in the San Fernando Valley, at some of the LADWP area have free charging chademo as well.

There are a few LADWP CHAdeMO in West LA as well, but they're close to the 3 SCs... So, kinda pointless.

"Only" 24 miles left - wow! For a 2011 LEAF owner, 24 miles is more than a third of the battery. On longer drives, I never have that much left over when I get home. More like 10 miles at the most. It's no wonder the Tesla Model S is outselling the 2015 LEAF. Thankfully, we've found PlugShare to be very helpful (and our home charging station has been helpful to a number of people on their way to Big Bear Lake). Over the weekend we charged on a 14-50 outlet at a Tesla owner's home very close to a place we were visiting in Orange County.