Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Southern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
San Juan Capistrano being the absolute horror of the SC's with overwhelming traffic in the area and only growing could really use some sort of relief from a great up-and-coming potential location for another south Orange County SC location: San Clemente Outlet Mall! This potential location, right off I-5, with light to no traffic at all, would fit the quintessential Tesla preferred candidate location for a SC beautifully.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
There is definitely a Supercharger coming to Fountain Valley! It is being built now at the Costco Center off MacArthur Blvd. The exact location is at the South end of the PetSmart store near the corner of MacArthur Blvd and Newhope St. I went by the area yesterday and there is construction fencing around the site in the parking lot and a row of framing for the chargers. I will start a new thread and post pictures when I get a chance.

• Informative
There is definitely a Supercharger coming to Fountain Valley! It is being built now at the Costco Center off MacArthur Blvd. The exact location is at the South end of the PetSmart store near the corner of MacArthur Blvd and Newhope St. I went by the area yesterday and there is construction fencing around the site in the parking lot and a row of framing for the chargers. I will start a new thread and post pictures when I get a chance.

That's pretty convenient to the SOCO OC Tesla casual meetup locations that we've been going to for a while now.

So in the image I've posted, is it in section A or section B? Only 14 miles from where I live! Still, I hope they build another SC in between the 605 and 710.
FV_SC.PNG

• Informative

I just stopped by to check it out. I parked and walked in the green fencing. A guy quickly walked up and asked if he could help me. I asked if they were working on a Tesla SC. He said he couldn't discuss it. I did see all of the red and white Tesla logos on everything though. I then asked him when "his project" would be completed. It was obvious I knew what they were working on. He said that they would be done by the end of July, but he had no idea where they were in the permitting, etc. process. Looks like it is official and it will be up and running soon.

I just stopped by to check it out. I parked and walked in the green fencing. A guy quickly walked up and asked if he could help me. I asked if they were working on a Tesla SC. He said he couldn't discuss it. I did see all of the red and white Tesla logos on everything though. I then asked him when "his project" would be completed. It was obvious I knew what they were working on. He said that they would be done by the end of July, but he had no idea where they were in the permitting, etc. process. Looks like it is official and it will be up and running soon.

Good work!

Moving on...

So, very exciting about Fountain Valley but moving on...

Does anyone speculate that TM will install another SC somewhere between FV and Redondo Beach along the 405? Perhaps around the 605, 710 or 110? Looking at their "future SC" map, it appears we'll be getting at least two or three more along the coastline by the end of 2015 but I've read in another thread that they just keep rolling those installations into the subsequent year's map.

Does anyone speculate that TM will install another SC somewhere between FV and Redondo Beach along the 405? Perhaps around the 605, 710 or 110? Looking at their "future SC" map, it appears we'll be getting at least two or three more along the coastline by the end of 2015 but I've read in another thread that they just keep rolling those installations into the subsequent year's map.

Here is the Tesla 2015 Map zoomed in on California. Have fun squinting...

CA-2015.jpg

I'm pleased as punch to see the continued, planned coverage of US-395 between SoCal and Reno.

In addition to a planned SC in Bishop, CA, it seems clear that the next pin north is on Lee Vining, CA, just west of Mono Lake and just east of Tioga Pass and Yosemite National Park. This is exactly what some of us have been hoping for.

Continuing north, the next pin is somewhere around Minden, NV or possibly Carson City.

Here is a version overlaid onto a Google Maps map view for more squinting pleasure.
Thanks Cottonwood. I decided to take your map and try to compare it to the current Tesla Motors map, and could not figure it out. My eyes are too old. So, I enlarged their current map and attempted a side-by-side comparison, marking the ones with blue that are live, the FV one with orange, and the others that are speculated by TM in black. I got a little lost in the coast near Santa Barbara, but think I got it right:
Superchargers.jpg

Last edited: