Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Southern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a post on Reddit a few days ago claiming he had a friend on the inside telling him they were building a supercharger station off the 5 fwy at the Santa Ana Mainplace mall. Of course, this information is unconfirmed by Tesla so take it with a grain of salt. They could just be looking at the site, there's no way of knowing for sure if it's the final choice.

I e-mailed mall management about it and here was their response:

No confirmed deal with Tesla yet, but I agree that MainPlace Mall would be a great location with convenient freeway access for a Tesla SuperCharger Station.

Thank you for reaching out.

Reactions: MonsterCarter
No activity on this thread in three months us disappointing. Any new SoCal speculation? I still maintain there is quite a gap between Fountain Valley and Culver City along the 405 but acknowledge there are likely to be more new installs on the 5 before we see anything new along the 405.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Alright so what about another South OC SC?

They really should set up a Service Centre and Supercharger in Irvine/Lake Forest/Mission Viejo. Having to go to Costa Mesa from Coto De Caza is a bit of a long drive. (Used to live in Irvine, much closer then).

I'd actually consider even a SC/SpC combo in North County SD. That'd alleviate the San Juan Capistrano Supercharger and definitely San Diego and Costa Mesa Service Centers

I think the San Fernando Valley with their volume of ppl going through there via the 101 and 5, being the two main large route. I would think there would be more SC. I guess from Oxnard to Burbank is within limits if MS, but that is a stretch if you plan to drive around In between. Maybe somewhere close to 101/405 junction and 5/210 junction. More station in Burbank as that is a junction for 5/134/2.

The 210/605 junction or 210/57. 91/15 or 91/71 is another ideal place

695/5 or 605/91 or even605/105.

Agreed - San Diego and the Pasadena area are both lacking in Supercharging locations.

I don't understand why the Pasadena store, which has superchargers in the back lot, doesn't open this location up for charging.

Hope to see more locations open up before the Model 3 comes out.

Agreed - San Diego and the Pasadena area are both lacking in Supercharging locations.

I don't understand why the Pasadena store, which has superchargers in the back lot, doesn't open this location up for charging.

Hope to see more locations open up before the Model 3 comes out.

Superchargers or destination chargers? Does the Pasadena store even have a back lot?

You might be right, might be a destination charger.

Here's where the back lot is and where they keep 8-10 test drive cars. They share the lot with a parking facility

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 64