Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Southern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now if only Tesla could come through and add the Superchargers promised for Cerritos, Lakewood and Long Beach. The Long Beach one would best be located by the Long Beach Airport within reach of the 405. These all could relieve pressure on the Buena Park Supercharger which is in a tug of war between the Service Center and locals.

I can only hope they are coming soon...

Now if only Tesla could come through and add the Superchargers promised for Cerritos, Lakewood and Long Beach. The Long Beach one would best be located by the Long Beach Airport within reach of the 405. These all could relieve pressure on the Buena Park Supercharger which is in a tug of war between the Service Center and locals.

I can only hope they are coming soon...
If you're a local trying to supercharge regularly at Buena Park, you're doing it wrong.

Bruce, posts 508, 509, 510 in this thread were moved here from the Downey Stonewood Mall Supercharger thread because they were not about that Supercharger.

Agree that posts about the future location in Lakewood should be made in that thread.

Right...originally I was going to break out #510 to start a new thread for Lakewood, but about the same time I saw that a Lakewood thread already exists (albeit in the wrong place, as I'm writing this). I think we're in violent agreement. :)

Bruce.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
is there a thread for the Commerce or Montebello stations? I tried searching but nothing found.
I guess not, but you can always start one, and title it "Montbelello Supercharger-Location speculation", just to generate a discussion of where people would like to see one. That is, if you think it would actually be helpful. Better yet, if you are interested, do some investigating and search those areas for permits.

I just spoke to a rep at the Tesla showroom in Del Amo (Torrance) and she said they just got approved to install new Superchargers there in the mall, but don't have a date yet. That's exciting news for Tesla owners on this side of town. All of the other chargers are far north or east of us.

DEL AMO MALL UPDATE There are pending electrical and building permits with the City of Torrance for Tesla superchargers at Del Amo. Recent activity in Sept. October, looks like they are getting closer. See attached images. There are numerous chargers near the movie theatre off Carson but no Superchargers yet. Wonder if they will put them next to those exhibiting chargers or another location? I tried to nail down the location looking at the parcel maps but the specific parcel has been deleted on the LA County Assessor map (likely consumed by the larger Del Amo parcels. Anyone have insight on where at the Del Amo mall these will be? I can only pin down that it appears to be near Carson Street on the back side of Del Amo, not on Hawthorne Blvd.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 11.05.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 11.05.23 AM.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 11.05.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 11.05.44 AM.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Informative
Reactions: Maaz