Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Southern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two weeks ago on a trip to/from Los Angles, I discovered two superchargers - one in Patterson off I-5, and the second in Simi Valley! Glad they built the ones in Simi. These seem much faster charging than the first ones I used!
Both have been around for a while

Also, Coming "Soon"

I am a new MYLR owner and would like to discuss two "Coming Soon" Superchargers that are close to my house and near my commute. Should I make a new thread for them together or separately? I don't see an existing thread for them. They are slotted as Q1 and Q2 '22 on the "Tesla Find Us" Map. They are as follows:

• Laguna Hills, CA, Target opening in Q1 2022
  • Laguna Woods, CA, Target opening in Q2 2022

I am new with Tesla but not new with BEV's, but so far I have not been able to use a Supercharger as they are much busier than the networks I have used for our Volvo BEV and our Subaru PHEV. Those are getting busier too but some of the Tesla queues locally have been shocking to say the least.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I am a new MYLR owner and would like to discuss two "Coming Soon" Superchargers that are close to my house and near my commute. Should I make a new thread for them together or separately? I don't see an existing thread for them. They are slotted as Q1 and Q2 '22 on the "Tesla Find Us" Map. They are as follows:

• Laguna Hills, CA, Target opening in Q1 2022
  • Laguna Woods, CA, Target opening in Q2 2022

I am new with Tesla but not new with BEV's, but so far I have not been able to use a Supercharger as they are much busier than the networks I have used for our Volvo BEV and our Subaru PHEV. Those are getting busier too but some of the Tesla queues locally have been shocking to say the least.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Normally people don't create threads for coming soon SC unless a permit has been issued or construction started. Sometimes these coming soon SCs never actually materialize for years if then. Feel free to search for construction permits for those and if you find one, do create a thread.

Do you have charging capability at your house?

Southern CA has notoriously been behind the curve for SC construction since the very beginning and at any one time there are hotspots of overloaded SCs in various areas. I never use SCs unless I have to for long distance trips and even then I try really hard to use destination charging at the other end.

Normally people don't create threads for coming soon SC unless a permit has been issued or construction started. Sometimes these coming soon SCs never actually materialize for years if then. Feel free to search for construction permits for those and if you find one, do create a thread.

Do you have charging capability at your house?

Southern CA has notoriously been behind the curve for SC construction since the very beginning and at any one time there are hotspots of overloaded SCs in various areas. I never use SCs unless I have to for long distance trips and even then I try really hard to use destination charging at the other end.
Ok thanks. I will hold off until I find something more concrete.

Yes, I can charge at home with an adapter on our L2 Charge Point station.

We could use similar deal in Cali

Unfortunately, that brand needs to have a location in Daytona Beach, FL if you want to find a secret partnership

• Funny
Reactions: mociaf9
Reactions: Falcon73