Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Taiwan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

I’m creating this thread to the keep track of Supercharger progress in Taiwan. Usually most of the progress I find is posted on Twitter. I know that some mods on Supercharge Info don’t always like when I link a pin to Twitter so I’m creating this thread for people to track Supercharger progress on the island.

To start: the new Xiulin Supercharger is under construction. 4 V2 Stalls
10534D01-88CC-4183-9C0B-648FD32D7398.jpeg

Thanks for the info. Guess this one is a 3 stall configuration, 2 of them with dual cables? Another brand new config not seen before!

curious to see how Tesla is going to implement CCS2 on the S/X

Vague info from Elon on twitter suggests that the refreshed S/X in CCS2 regions is going to have a native CCS2 connector. (I have no idea how this is going to be done cleanly, given the available real estate on the S/X taillight, but that's another discussion...)

In Australia (a CCS2 region), S/X sales stopped when they did in the rest of the world at the start of this year, but they're not listed as being available until late 2022. Immediately prior to this, S/X were sold with the Type 2 socket and a CCS2 adaptor was available.

I guess that they're going to convert all sites in Taiwan to dual cable, or otherwise make TPC to CCS2 adaptors specifically for Taiwan?

Thanks for the info. Guess this one is a 3 stall configuration, 2 of them with dual cables? Another brand new config not seen before!

Vague info from Elon on twitter suggests that the refreshed S/X in CCS2 regions is going to have a native CCS2 connector. (I have no idea how this is going to be done cleanly, given the available real estate on the S/X taillight, but that's another discussion...)

In Australia (a CCS2 region), S/X sales stopped when they did in the rest of the world at the start of this year, but they're not listed as being available until late 2022. Immediately prior to this, S/X were sold with the Type 2 socket and a CCS2 adaptor was available.

I guess that they're going to convert all sites in Taiwan to dual cable, or otherwise make TPC to CCS2 adaptors specifically for Taiwan?
Ya, it's probably to keep TPC available for older owner.

Tesla is still negotiating with the government, currently such adapter is not allowed.

• Informative
Reactions: moa999
Four more Taiwan superchargers have just opened up. Three of them are a mix of TPC and CCS2, probably similar to the pictures above:

桃園-龜山 | Tesla - 4x TPC, 2x CCS2
桃園-青埔環球購物中心 | Tesla - 4x TPC, 2x CCS2
基隆-孝東路 | Tesla - 3x TPC, 1x CCS2

The fourth one - is a more unusual configuration, I'd be interested to see photos of this one:

V3
2 TPC super charging docks
1 CCS2 Super Charging Dock
V2
2 TPC + CCS2 super charging docks

I expect this means:
1x V3 supercharger cabinet with 3x stalls connected (two with TPC, one with CCS2)
1x V2 supercharger cabinet with 2x stalls connected (both dual cabled, TPC and CCS2)

If this is the case I think it's the first time we've seen a dual cabled TPC/CCS2 stall? (Many dual cable stalls are Type2/CCS2, but not TPC/CCS2)