Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in time for the New England ski season?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great info! Thanks. Keep 'me coming. It would be great to have a thread with suggestions for as many ski resorts as possible.

We'll be up at Sugarbush so it would be great to know of some options up that way (I see one nearby/20 miles away on PlugShare). I guess I could always put together an extension cord to the dryer outlet...

Winter will be here very soon and I'd love to take my Model S to the mountains. Has anyone heard any rumors or have any knowledge of those proposed "dots" on the supercharge map in NH and ME becoming a reality any time soon?

At the Tesla Store in Natick MA last week, I heard that there will be a charger in Nov in NH. Same time heard that Nov also the date for Providence RI and Sturbridge MA. That's Nov Tesla time.

I too am a skier and hope to have access to charging. I do want to see how my MS performs in snow first.

There is a J1772 in Londonderry, VT between Stratton and Bromley on Route 100. I've used it. It is free and fine, but massively inconvenient. I'm finally getting around to putting a NEMA 14-50 in my place at Stratton. I took my Model S up there a few times since December, but only when I would be up for more than three days, so I could reasonably charge on my 110 in the garage. What a total pain in the gas tank that is. I had hoped for a supercharger near the i91/route2 interchange in MA, but I still need to be able to charge once up at Stratton. Also, my wife wants a Model X, so then this will be a requirement for us.

Btw, the car does great in up to 4" of snow, then I don't risk it. I'll post on ReCarGo once it is up and you can PM me if in the area and in dire straits.

At the Tesla Store in Natick MA last week, I heard that there will be a charger in Nov in NH. Same time heard that Nov also the date for Providence RI and Sturbridge MA. That's Nov Tesla time.

That would be fantastic for me, as I'm driving up there (from Atlanta!) for Thanksgiving and would be able to make use of my car while I'm there (right now, I'm going to have to drip charge from a wall outlet in the garage).

Looks like it will be in Concord, which is a reasonable distance from my parents' house in Windham, but worth it for the quick charge :)

User Aaron.s has confirmed the following three northeast supercharger locations:

- Greenwich, CT on Merritt Parkway right by NY/CT border
- Edison NJ on the NJ Turnpike
- JFK Airport (will help Long Island owners)

No timeframe was given, but they appear to be coming soon.

That would be fantastic for me, as I'm driving up there (from Atlanta!) for Thanksgiving and would be able to make use of my car while I'm there (right now, I'm going to have to drip charge from a wall outlet in the garage).

Looks like it will be in Concord, which is a reasonable distance from my parents' house in Windham, but worth it for the quick charge :)

At the Manchester Plug-In Day event last month I met a Roadster and Signature Red S owner named Steve who lives in Derry or Londonderry and has chargers hooked up to a major solar array. He may be willing to provide some solar juice...