Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Worse. Pics later today.
Here some pics I have taken at lunch time today. Charge rate was as usual on 5B. Didn’t check if 4A was still usable though...
E3E05684-1639-4CBC-A364-CBF51E09D720.jpeg
D7E8CBFC-0844-4CFC-861C-52801CCA1245.jpeg
B6A9679B-64D0-4CB2-9B54-02DA6ABDD38D.jpeg
727AB883-7500-4848-955C-7660C193D4B9.jpeg

I stopped last Monday, and 1A and 2B were out of order. According to PlugShare the problem seems present since at least 1 month. How can we know that Tesla is aware of the problem?

Whenever I encounter an issue with a supercharger I call roadside assistance to let them know. They ask for location, stall number and the problem. Usually they say they'll notify the appropriate people.

• Informative
Reactions: Michelx
For now, this site should be avoided as much as possible during peak times. Friday evening before the 3-day Thanksgiving holiday will be a zoo.

Ten stalls, but 5A and 5B were only offering 30 kW combined last time I was there.

The problem is that most of the other Superchargers within 200 km on Tesla's 2017-18 maps have not been built, so this location is overloaded. Tesla has put a band-aid on the problem with the "high-usage station, limit set to 80%" message, but they really need to end the embargo on Supercharger construction in Quebec.

Missing : Saguenay, L'Étape, Quebec City, St-Georges, West Forks (ME) and La Pocatière.

Completed : Madrid 2.0 and Yamachiche.
Under Construction : Jackman, ME in place of West Forks.

There's an embargo on building superchargers in Quebec? I think I see that now!

We stopped in Levis last night and we were happily greeted by zero other charging teslas... of course it was around midnight so there's that. Travelled to Gaspe from Montreal and back over the holidays again this year and have to say that it was way easier than ever before. Mercifully the Electric Circuit Chademo chargers in the smaller towns like Matane and Saint Anne des Monts were not occupied during our time of need but I can see that changing very soon. The trip that used to take two days is now down to around 13 hours of travelling, charging included.

If there were Superchargers all the way to Gaspe it would be a game changer, and not just for us. Even some of the old folks in Gaspe are coming around to the idea of electric propulsion. The ergonomic multi-stall setups of the Tesla stations are light-years ahead of the Hydro Quebec system. The single stall Circuite Electrique stalls are so clumsy and awkward that I cannot imagine my mother in-law ever wrestling with the massive cable and adapter. It's pretty interesting to see these two charging standards evolve side by each even though one of the standards already looks like an also-ran.

adding to the Missing: Rimouski, Matane, Saint Ann Des Monts, Gaspé, Percé, New Richmond and a few more scattered around Quebec City would be nice.

For now, this site should be avoided as much as possible during peak times. Friday evening before the 3-day Thanksgiving holiday will be a zoo.

Ten stalls, but 5A and 5B were only offering 30 kW combined last time I was there.

The problem is that most of the other Superchargers within 200 km on Tesla's 2017-18 maps have not been built, so this location is overloaded. Tesla has put a band-aid on the problem with the "high-usage station, limit set to 80%" message, but they really need to end the embargo on Supercharger construction in Quebec.

Missing : Saguenay, L'Étape, Quebec City, St-Georges, West Forks (ME) and La Pocatière.

Completed : Madrid 2.0 and Yamachiche.
Under Construction : Jackman, ME in place of West Forks.

Reactions: RiverBrick
There's an embargo on building superchargers in Quebec?

adding to the Missing: Rimouski, Matane, Saint Ann Des Monts, Gaspé, Percé, New Richmond and a few more scattered around Quebec City would be nice.

Definitely a curious business decision to severely limit Supercharger construction in Quebec since 2017. Out of all US States and Canadian provinces, more plug-ins are sold in Quebec than in everywhere except California.

I'm glad you were able to use your CHAdeMO adapter. It's definitely needed for many areas in Quebec, but it tends to be out-of-stock.

I am not confident they will build any Superchargers in Gaspesie anytime soon, but the 24 hr Irving in Mont-Joli should be a no-brainer. Plenty of surplus space in the parking lot. Right at the end of A20 and where 132E and 132W meet.

We stopped in Levis last night and we were happily greeted by zero other charging teslas...

Good decision to go in the wee hours of the morning. Currently, there's a several vehicle backup and one stall is out-of-order.

Otherwise, I can see all of NB, QC, ME, NH, VT, MA and RI sites. The closest other ones to being full have 2/8 stalls free. 11/14 of the Supercharger sites in Quebec have come online after Labor day. Imagine how congested Levis will be next Summer unless Tesla decides to build in the Spring for a change.

Levis photo was posted by Olivier on FB.

Levis%0A3.jpg Levis.jpg NE%0A.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Definitely a curious business decision to severely limit Supercharger construction in Quebec since 2017. Out of all US States and Canadian provinces, more plug-ins are sold in Quebec than in everywhere except California.

I'm glad you were able to use your CHAdeMO adapter. It's definitely needed for many areas in Quebec, but it tends to be out-of-stock.

I am not confident they will build any Superchargers in Gaspesie anytime soon, but the 24 hr Irving in Mont-Joli should be a no-brainer. Plenty of surplus space in the parking lot. Right at the end of A20 and where 132E and 132W meet.

Who is limiting the SC Quebec installations I wonder... Can't believe the line-ups... that's like San Francisco was three years ago.

The IGA Supermarket is expanding and they've fenced off a large portion of the parking lot near the Superchargers. This has made access difficult to about seven of the stalls. People have taken to placing their Teslas perpendicular to those stalls, so only six cars or so can charge at once.

On the bright side, the lockdown on non-essential construction has obviously ended, so maybe Tesla will finally start some "2017" projects to relieve pressure on this site.

Reactions: Jerk and Intruder99