Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend of mine passed by at 6:30 AM yesterday and workers were already busy on site. I think it's the same crew that completed Rivière-du-Loup in three weeks (there was then a wait for the transformer and hookup from Hydro-Quebec).

It seems likely their goal is to complete their part before the universal two-week Summer vacation for construction workers in Quebec that starts this year on July 23rd. Of course, the random wait for H-Q hookup and testing by Tesla will still follow.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Falkirk
I just stayed near this two weeks ago in our ICE car. VERY nice new Hampton Inn with a cool local bistro chain in the hotel. I commented to my wife that this would be a great spot for the Levis SC as it is on the RDL-YYZ corridor AND near the bridge over to Quebec. I should have gone looking around!!

I just stayed near this two weeks ago in our ICE car. VERY nice new Hampton Inn with a cool local bistro chain in the hotel. I commented to my wife that this would be a great spot for the Levis SC as it is on the RDL-YYZ corridor AND near the bridge over to Quebec. I should have gone looking around!!

Don't feel bad, the first signs of work didn't appear until last Thursday.

Good that you mention the Hampton inn and the Cochon Dingue since they and a few other nearby restaurants don't yet show up in Google Maps. Unfortunately , though they are adjacent, there is no official through access between the shopping center lot the Supercharger will be in and the center which hosts the Hampton inn. Cars definitely can't drive between the two lots (no matter what my Tesla GPS says) and have to take the long way around, but humans can cut across the grass. However, snow could prevent all shortcuts in the Winter.

In the Superchargers' lot there is a 24 hr Tims. It may be heresy to say this in Canada, but the chain is going downhill. If I want something quick, I'll go to the prepared foods counter in IGA Supermarket instead. They have a few tables for this purpose.

• Helpful
Reactions: Falkirk
Riverbrick, this is a sidenote to this thread, but about Tim Hortons, when you have to wait in line for 20 minutes at peak hours watching the (under)staff working unhurriedly, you know they're headed no where else but down. Sometimes I get the feeling they're complacent.

BTW I don't hate the McCoffee at all but that's just me.

When I get my 90D I won't feel so guilty using the drive-through.:D

/rant

Reactions: RiverBrick
Don't feel bad, the first signs of work didn't appear until last Thursday.

Good that you mention the Hampton inn and the Cochon Dingue since they and a few other nearby restaurants don't yet show up in Google Maps. Unfortunately , though they are adjacent, there is no official through access between the shopping center lot the Supercharger will be in and the center which hosts the Hampton inn. Cars definitely can't drive between the two lots (no matter what my Tesla GPS says) and have to take the long way around, but humans can cut across the grass. However, snow could prevent all shortcuts in the Winter.

In the Superchargers' lot there is a 24 hr Tims. It may be heresy to say this in Canada, but the chain is going downhill. If I want something quick, I'll go to the prepared foods counter in IGA Supermarket instead. They have a few tables for this purpose.

NEVER been a Tims fan - no worries for me ha ha . Sorry to hear about the cut through for walks. Wife went to SAQ with her ICE car when we were there, suspect she was near the site. Cochon Dingue was excellent and we are fussy. nice to see a local chain doing such good things. (although on our outbound from NB to Oakville we stopped at the Four Points not knowing this was open and ate at Chez Victor and despite the slow service, we enjoyed the meal. Hard to go wrong in Quebec!

Last edited:
You tried two of the better restaurants in Quebec City.
May I suggest "Le Cosmos" next time around; renowned for their great gourmet burgers and amazing desserts.
They were both fantastic - and thanks! If that is the restaurant in Four Points Levis, we tried but there was a high school formal going on at the convention centre and it was jammed. That's how we discovered Chez Victor. We definitely will be back.

Hi, here are my pictures for the Levis supercharger

Attachments

• 20170629_130431.jpg
    20170629_130431.jpg
    695.6 KB · Views: 322
  • 20170706_183706.jpg
    20170706_183706.jpg
    944.4 KB · Views: 224
  • 20170707_082654.jpg
    20170707_082654.jpg
    711.5 KB · Views: 228
  • 20170707_082726.jpg