Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers "misssing" on navigation???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just attempted to set a route for an upcoming trip on my new M3. I need to drive from Brunswick, ME to near Syracuse, NY. No matter what I input, the resulted navigation only shows me two SuperChargers (both in Massachusetts). Can anyone advise me if this is as it should be or is something missing here? This routing leaves me limping into my destination with only 11% charge--and we're talking about a trip in December! Thank you!

navigation_wout_SC.jpg

I rarely follow the car's charging advice. Instead, I choose charging locations that allow me to do 20 minute breaks, charging from 15 - 65% or so. The car routinely recommends fewer stops for longer charges, which increases the overall trip time. A Better Routeplanner is a huge help for planning trips.

Reactions: Sw0rdf1sh
When using the navigation it will make the decision what Superchargers to use and will only show those. You can show the others using the little bolt icon button. You can't tell the navigation to use different ones. You have to manually select each supercharger one by one as you drive if you want to use different ones for you trip.

Reactions: Big Earl
If you using the routing in the car, it will always just show you the chargers that you will need to stop at. It will also take you in at about 10-20%.

Looking at the online map, you may want to stop at the following to fill up on the way end, if you can't charge at destination
Kennebunk, ME North Supercharger
Kennebunk Service Plaza Northbound 25.5 Mile Maine Turnpike Kennebunk, ME 04043

There does seem to be a Supercharger planned, it may be online and there's a destination charger at the Hilton Garden Inn on the waterfront.

A Better Routeplanner recommends three stops: Auburn, MA (27 minutes), Albany, NY (15 minutes) and Utica, NY (15 minutes) and arriving with 25% remaining. Driving time is 7 hours and 1 minute, charging time is 58 minutes, total trip time is 7 hours and 59 minutes with an estimated average consumption of 335 Wh/mi.

I plugged it in with an exterior temperature of 40 degrees... charging times will increase if it's colder, if there is a head wind or if you travel faster than 110% of the speed limit.

A Better Routeplanner

^Click the link and click Plan Route.

Interestingly, with 18" aero wheels, charging time is reduced to 44 minutes and estimated consumption drops to 290 Wh/mi.