TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Superchargers near totality

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Enginerd, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Enginerd

Enginerd Member

Please post your pictures of superchargers in or near the path of totality, before/during/after the eclipse. Feel free to post any relevant eclipse photos as well.

I'd like to see some evidence of the concern that other forums have discussed: that events such as this could put a severe strain on the supercharger network. Let's see how it works out! Whether "debunk" or "substantiate", it's all good info.

Thanks, and enjoy! Hoping for good weather in Columbia SC.

2. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

I think access at any Supercharger located in the parking lot of a hotel will be problematic.

3. JHWJR

JHWJR Member

I'm in Lexington Kentucky at the Hilton. The have two SLOW destination chargers and I've been the only user all day.

4. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Member

Baker City & Woodburn, OR; Corning & Shasta, CA are all reporting either full or huge waiting. See respective SC threads

5. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

A 4 hour wait to charge at Corning today. So yeah, I'd say the SC network cannot handle large events like this. Apparently they are worried about running out of gas at gas stations too though.

6. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Member

another thought: Please let everyone know that they should stay with their vehicles, and if possible, NOT move out of the charging space UNLESS there is another Tesla waiting. We cannot afford to lose any chargers to ICEING. Communicate and cooperate to keep everything running smoothly.

7. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

Knoxville, TN supercharger was the most full I ever saw it (typically 100% empty), at about 6pm there was just 1 free stall left.