Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers on I-80?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sorry if this is a well-tread topic on here but I just got my X last week (and have already driven it from NY to Colorado) - any idea when the I-80 buildout is going to be done? It seems like a strange one for Tesla to miss.

supercharge.info doesn't seem to have much info about some key places (like Nebraska).

The Tesla website still shows it as '2016' though I have a feeling that people will tell me that this wouldn't be the first time that Tesla missed a deadline on something like this.

BTW - check out the blog that my son and I did during our trip: Sam & David Take the X to Colorado - it was really fun!

David

As far as I'm aware nobody has found any information to show that the I-80 rollout in PA has gotten anywhere beyond closed door negotiations. The Mid-Atlantic forum is probably the best place to watch for updates on it.

I would take the 2016 maps just as guidance that Tesla is working on it, the date is umm lets say fluid.

There is another thread about Nebraska Superchargers on this site. I do not know how to search or link--sorry! But you are correct, so far there is no love for Nebraska.

That said, Tesla seems to be pushing west on Interstate 80 through Iowa. I believe that there are permits and/or construction started near Des Moines and about halfway between Des Moines and Quad Cities. There are threads for that too.

My personal feeling is that Tesla will head further west from Council Bluffs late in the third quarter with two or three sites completed by year-end. It is conceivable that one location along I-76 in Colorado will be done too to allow Denver to Chicago if the Nebraska sites are completed. But this is only my opinion, so take it for what it is worth.