TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

SuperChargers on M6 M4 M20 - confirmation from Tesla - first early June

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by VNS, Apr 30, 2014.

1. VNS

VNS New Member

Hi,

Couldn't see this on the forum, but I just enquired about the ModelX and ask a few other questions, one regarding the SuperCharger network, the guy couldn't confirm exactly where the locations were, but he did tell me that they were along the M6, M4 & M20.

With the first one being opened in the first week of June.

Anyone got more accurate information out from Tesla?

Thanks,
    VNS

2. tom66

tom66 Member

There is one suspected (99% sure) at South Mimms services, which is A1(M)/M25 ish... so there may be more than just those or that is incorrect information.

3. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

There's a map in today's Sunday Times article ("Supercharger highway powers up electric cars") - available online via subscription.

Besides South Mimms the map suggests four other supercharger stations at the Services at Jnct 11 on the M20, Leigh Delamere on the M4, Corley and possibly Knutsford or maybe Lymm on the M6

4. LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke Model S P85DL

Can someone with access post the article here?

This is the blurry image from the website:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400410820.661621.jpg

The black dots suggest superchargers near Dover, Bristol, Coventry, Warrington

5. gyroscopes

gyroscopes New Member

Tesla's own website is now showing 8 supercharging sites in the UK by the end of the winter 2014 / 2015

They appear to be around Dover, South East London, South West London, Bristol, North London (Mimms), Manchester and Leeds. The last two I find harder to tell but look to me like Birmingham and Leicester.