Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger's "opening soon"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
G0xv4A1.png

Is there a list of the "opening soon" sites? Hoping to see the A1 get involved in the action soon..

Screenshot taken from Supercharger | Tesla Europe

I have just sent an email to Tesla querying something. As with others, my Tesla (get it tomorrow) comes with free supercharging for life, and I was pleased to see that the service station near to me on the M11 has a supercharger. When i looked yesterday though all I could see was the Ecotricity chargers. I spoke to Ecotricity and they told me that I now have to pay to use their chargers. I don't therefore understand how Tesla can advertise that there is a free supercharger there when technically there isn't. (unless there is another one hidden in the car park somewhere...). has anyone else found the same problem?

Reactions: culverwood
I have just sent an email to Tesla querying something. As with others, my Tesla (get it tomorrow) comes with free supercharging for life, and I was pleased to see that the service station near to me on the M11 has a supercharger. When i looked yesterday though all I could see was the Ecotricity chargers. I spoke to Ecotricity and they told me that I now have to pay to use their chargers. I don't therefore understand how Tesla can advertise that there is a free supercharger there when technically there isn't. (unless there is another one hidden in the car park somewhere...). has anyone else found the same problem?

You might find this link helpful

Find Us | Tesla UK

Ecotricity is nothing to do with Tesla

i looked on this link before, that's when i saw the supercharger symbol on the M11 at Bishops Stortford. When i drove around the car park last night all i could see were the ecotricity ones. Couldn't see a Tesla one anywhere, hence my post.

i looked on this link before, that's when i saw the supercharger symbol on the M11 at Bishops Stortford. When i drove around the car park last night all i could see were the ecotricity ones. Couldn't see a Tesla one anywhere, hence my post.

As my car is still in the queue to be built I haven't had the need to use one yet, but this is one that I will, at some point in the future! From a scouting trip a couple of months ago I think you get to them via a left turn just before you get into the main parking area. They are away from the main drag which is helpful in terms of not being ICE'd but makes it a bit hide and seek.

Good luck tomorrow and post some pics for those of us still in the Long Wait!

Reactions: culverwood

I have stopped here before on my way back to London from Peterborough. It is in the hotel car park. If you follow the road all the way around as if your going to the exit, keep left past the coach parking you'll come to the hotel take the left. Turn in and you will see them straight ahead. From there you can walk back across the road and through Starbucks into the service station whilst charging.

Follow signs to the Days Inn hotel -

Birds Eye.JPG

Keep left past the coach parking -

Past Coaches.JPG

Take the exit into the hotel car park -

Take Exit to Hotel.JPG

Last edited:
When i drove around the car park last night all i could see were the ecotricity ones. Couldn't see a Tesla one anywhere, hence my post.

As a general point, the supercharger markers on the navigation system in the car are each in EXACTLY the right place. Usually the navigation directions (which only cover roads) will take you close enough for it to be obvious, but if that takes you to a large carpark you sometimes need to zoom in the map to see exactly where in the carpark the Superchargers are.

Also worth noting that tapping the icon for the supercharger on the map sometimes gives extra useful information- access codes to get through gates, or other instructions for how to get into the site out-of-hours.

All of the Tesla Superchargers in the UK Free, if its not a Supercharger then its nothing to do with Tesla. Identifying a Tesla Supercharger is not difficult, you can search the internet, phone APP or search the Map within the car. The locations are easily recognisable.

So if you come across a vehicle charger that isn't a Tesla Supercharger then you cannot complain and moan to Tesla. "Ecotricity" chargers are very different from a Tesla Supercharger.