TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Supercharger's "opening soon"

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by rnbetsy, Dec 19, 2016.

1. rnbetsy

rnbetsy Member

[​IMG]

Is there a list of the "opening soon" sites? Hoping to see the A1 get involved in the action soon..

Screenshot taken from Supercharger | Tesla Europe

2. archiveking

archiveking Member

Grantham grounds MAY have begun. All worked now stopped until the New Year. No clues to show if this is a SC or any other operator. Rumours persist....

Attached Files:

3. rnbetsy

rnbetsy Member

4. mikey8156

mikey8156 Member

supercharge.info gives you the best guess when a Supercharger will open, click on a location.

5. TC56

TC56 Member

It still has the East Filton charger on it though.

6. mkaiser1

mkaiser1 Member

Where in Grantham is that? I use the train daily and definitely contemplate using this. Albeit I can't really plug it in all day and leave it. That would not be good etiquette!

7. NullException

NullException Member

8. mkaiser1

mkaiser1 Member

That's really good. Other chargers should do the same thing. They should have number plate recognition and fine non-electric drivers for parking in the spaces - that drives me crazy!

• Like x 1
  9. Bigal

Bigal Member

I have just sent an email to Tesla querying something. As with others, my Tesla (get it tomorrow) comes with free supercharging for life, and I was pleased to see that the service station near to me on the M11 has a supercharger. When i looked yesterday though all I could see was the Ecotricity chargers. I spoke to Ecotricity and they told me that I now have to pay to use their chargers. I don't therefore understand how Tesla can advertise that there is a free supercharger there when technically there isn't. (unless there is another one hidden in the car park somewhere...). has anyone else found the same problem?

• Like x 1
  10. DJP31

DJP31 Member

You might find this link helpful

Find Us | Tesla UK

Ecotricity is nothing to do with Tesla

11. Bigal

Bigal Member

i looked on this link before, that's when i saw the supercharger symbol on the M11 at Bishops Stortford. When i drove around the car park last night all i could see were the ecotricity ones. Couldn't see a Tesla one anywhere, hence my post.

12. DJP31

DJP31 Member

As my car is still in the queue to be built I haven't had the need to use one yet, but this is one that I will, at some point in the future! From a scouting trip a couple of months ago I think you get to them via a left turn just before you get into the main parking area. They are away from the main drag which is helpful in terms of not being ICE'd but makes it a bit hide and seek.

Good luck tomorrow and post some pics for those of us still in the Long Wait!

• Like x 1
  13. chalmc80

chalmc80 Member

#13 chalmc80, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    I have stopped here before on my way back to London from Peterborough. It is in the hotel car park. If you follow the road all the way around as if your going to the exit, keep left past the coach parking you'll come to the hotel take the left. Turn in and you will see them straight ahead. From there you can walk back across the road and through Starbucks into the service station whilst charging.

Follow signs to the Days Inn hotel -

Birds Eye.JPG

Keep left past the coach parking -

Past Coaches.JPG

Take the exit into the hotel car park -

Take Exit to Hotel.JPG

• Like x 2
  14. arg

arg Supporting Member

As a general point, the supercharger markers on the navigation system in the car are each in EXACTLY the right place. Usually the navigation directions (which only cover roads) will take you close enough for it to be obvious, but if that takes you to a large carpark you sometimes need to zoom in the map to see exactly where in the carpark the Superchargers are.

Also worth noting that tapping the icon for the supercharger on the map sometimes gives extra useful information- access codes to get through gates, or other instructions for how to get into the site out-of-hours.

15. paso904

paso904 Member

16. NullException

NullException Member

If it makes you feel any better, it took me a while to find them too on my first visit to that SpC.

17. Bigal

Bigal Member

You are all Fantastic, Thank You. I collected it today and shall make a special visit....... manythanks

18. an2ony

an2ony Member

All of the Tesla Superchargers in the UK Free, if its not a Supercharger then its nothing to do with Tesla. Identifying a Tesla Supercharger is not difficult, you can search the internet, phone APP or search the Map within the car. The locations are easily recognisable.

So if you come across a vehicle charger that isn't a Tesla Supercharger then you cannot complain and moan to Tesla. "Ecotricity" chargers are very different from a Tesla Supercharger.

19. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

Here's a picture of the projected 2017 ones ... I'll eat my hat if they all come to pass.

TeslaSC2017_UK.jpg