Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers pushed back to 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They were on the map in 2016, then moved to end of 2017 ... then moved to 2018.

Now we are in December and they will just be renamed again to late 2019 I suppose.

Their map estimates are just false marketing to let someone get confidence to order believing these superchargers will finally open ...

I hate complaining but at least we will have a trace for a discussion in december 2019 :-(

Attachments

• 2018-12-21 12_06_39-Visit A Store _ Tesla Canada.png
    2018-12-21 12_06_39-Visit A Store _ Tesla Canada.png
    242.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 2018-12-21 12_06_57-Visit A Store _ Tesla Canada.png
    2018-12-21 12_06_57-Visit A Store _ Tesla Canada.png
    223 KB · Views: 121
  • 2018-12-21 12_07_24-Visit A Store _ Tesla Canada.png
    2018-12-21 12_07_24-Visit A Store _ Tesla Canada.png
    206.7 KB · Views: 119
I come to the forum a few times a year searching for chicoutimi and etape and never find it. Now it will be a place holder to initiate some discussions. Maybe someone know what`s going on with these two SC always being pushed years after years

(PS: Also, I have no idea how to rename :)

They were on the map in 2016, then moved to end of 2017 ... then moved to 2018.

Now we are in December and they will just be renamed again to late 2019 I suppose.

Their map estimates are just false marketing to let someone get confidence to order believing these superchargers will finally open ...

I hate complaining but at least we will have a trace for a discussion in december 2019 :-(
Keep in mind that
  1. Each Supercharger built is "free" to us car owners, at least in the construction sense, with all the planning, permits, haggling with city councils, environmental studies, construction and operation costs...
  2. The average cost of a Supercharger seems to be upwards of $200k.
  3. You could be living in North Dakota...

Oh you guys are optimistic... 2019??? Maybe in Quebec but certainly not here in Saskatchewan.

I know of multiple people who are not buying Teslas because there are no SCs here despite Elon tweeting in 2016 that we'd have one at least in Swift Current SK by the end of 2017. I also cancelled my Model 3 reservation that I've had since day 1.

My Tesla enthusiasm level decreases each year... April marks 4 years of Tesla ownership for me and I won't buy another until there are SCs closer. It looks like VW may beat Tesla with regards to Level 3 charging here... at least they have a CCS L3 charger in Medicine Hat (closest one to SK). If that happens my next EV might be a VW, even though I hate to give that company any $$.

Last edited:
Oh you guys are optimistic... 2019??? Maybe in Quebec but certainly not here in Saskatchewan.

I know of multiple people who are not buying Teslas because there are no SCs here despite Elon tweeting in 2016 that we'd have one at least in Swift Current SK by the end of 2017. I also cancelled my Model 3 reservation that I've had since day 1.

My Tesla enthusiasm level decreases each year... April marks 4 years of Tesla ownership for me and I won't buy another until there are SCs closer. It looks like VW may beat Tesla with regards to Level 3 charging here... at least they have a CCS L3 charger in Medicine Hat (closest one to SK). If that happens my next EV might be a VW, even though I hate to give that company any $$.
I understand your anguish but am personally optimistic about the chronically missing Superchargers because the company is now long term profitable and Elon said that the number will double in the next 12 months. I think that means Saskatchewan and North Dakota will get their Tesla fueling stops.

The proof is in the pudding but I think there is something in the oven.

The biggest hurdle an SC faces is finding a willing location.
I thought in many instances they have the spots and the permitting. Here in Canada many of the sites have been at Cadillac-Fairview malls. They are still an obvious candidate for some of the missing SCs that are a year or two overdue like North York could go at either the Shops at Don Mills or Fairview Mall.

I thought in many instances they have the spots and the permitting. Here in Canada many of the sites have been at Cadillac-Fairview malls. They are still an obvious candidate for some of the missing SCs that are a year or two overdue like North York could go at either the Shops at Don Mills or Fairview Mall.
They may have agreements with the franchise owners, they still need the local landowner’s permission to build, and agreements with the local power company.

Tesla must have to hire a part time employee every December to change all the labels to «coming in 20... ». I bought my 2015 car in the expectation of the Woodstock, New Brunswick SC, lol. But everything being said, have never regretted buying my car. This next summer the drive down east will be a breeze with Aulac and Lincoln NB SC’s. In a few more Elon years I may have to retire my good old Chademo adaptor.

• Funny
Reactions: mikerwalsh
Tesla must have to hire a part time employee every December to change all the labels to «coming in 20... ». I bought my 2015 car in the expectation of the Woodstock, New Brunswick SC, lol. But everything being said, have never regretted buying my car. This next summer the drive down east will be a breeze with Aulac and Lincoln NB SC’s. In a few more Elon years I may have to retire my good old Chademo adaptor.
I won’t retire mine, too useful for getting around the province. ;)

Permits permits permits. The Sc new my house took forever. Tesla wen through permitting approvals then property negotiations and utility connection agreements only to have the property owners back out and force them to start all over again at a new location.

Installing these things isn’t like opening up a convenience store. More like putting a puzzle together blindfolded while someone else keeps changing the pieces. Knowing what happened at our location going to township meetings and seeing plan after plan I highly doubt the ‘coming soon’ maps are a marketing ploy.

Reactions: mociaf9