Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperChargers - Rivière-du-Loup, Qc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I supercharged 68 times on a trip this summer and on some of them, I saw cellular antennas on the supercharger units. Strangely, each supercharger had its own antenna, rather than sharing the data connection...
Not so strange really. If they're modular, then it's simple to expand the number of chargers at a location. It's also redundancy, so the whole lot doesn't go dark because of a single unit failure.

[Getting off topic, but since you asked...] It was a 15,400 km cross-US road trip: MI, IL, IA, NE, CO, UT, WY, MT, ID, WA, OR, SD, MN, WI. Supercharging worked out great - just one time we had to wait because 2 out of 4 stalls were down. We also charged about a dozen times at slower chargers - restaurants, grocery stores, parking garages, a 14-50 at Old Faithful, etc. and once at a Chademo in Portland.

Here's me anointing the car with Pacific Ocean water:

IMG_4068.jpg

Next summer we'll do the same with Atlantic Ocean water.

The main event was the solar eclipse, which we saw in Weiser, Idaho - spectacular! The last total eclipse I saw in North America was Feb 26, 1979 in Gimli, Manitoba... with you! Still a great memory!

[Getting off topic, but since you asked...] It was a 15,400 km cross-US road trip: MI, IL, IA, NE, CO, UT, WY, MT, ID, WA, OR, SD, MN, WI. Supercharging worked out great - just one time we had to wait because 2 out of 4 stalls were down. We also charged about a dozen times at slower chargers - restaurants, grocery stores, parking garages, a 14-50 at Old Faithful, etc. and once at a Chademo in Portland.

Here's me anointing the car with Pacific Ocean water:

View attachment 248305

Next summer we'll do the same with Atlantic Ocean water.

The main event was the solar eclipse, which we saw in Weiser, Idaho - spectacular! The last total eclipse I saw in North America was Feb 26, 1979 in Gimli, Manitoba... with you! Still a great memory!
Getting further off-topic, I'm curious what beach you are on in that pic.

Also cool that you saw the 1979 eclipse in Gimli. And 4 years before the Gimli Glider! I recently learned that the path of totality in that one went over my high school and my childhood home, but I was only 1 year old so I have no memory of it lol. I did manage to see this one on a farm near Scio, Oregon.

For those who blinked, Nova Scotia now has a population of DCFC (ChaDeMo & CCS, not Tesla) under construction on PlugShare. We're still behind the rest of the east, but this is a pretty good network for travelling around the province.

(I'll also post this on Eastern Canadian, if it's not there already).

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
For those who blinked, Nova Scotia now has a population of DCFC (ChaDeMo & CCS, not Tesla) under construction on PlugShare. We're still behind the rest of the east, but this is a pretty good network for travelling around the province.

(I'll also post this on Eastern Canadian, if it's not there already).
We’ve started anyway. I think only one is online so far.

Rather old news, but in October, Hotel universel: the hosts of the RDL Supercharger, installed 2 new FLO G5 chargers alongside the Superchargers, which is more convenient for nightly use and during overflow Supercharger times.
951983A8-0952-4835-8DC1-FB7F3DAA71AB.jpeg

Attachments

• DD548694-A60A-4E77-99B7-628227B24B2B.jpeg
    DD548694-A60A-4E77-99B7-628227B24B2B.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 44
Rather old news, but in October, Hotel universel: the hosts of the RDL Supercharger, installed 2 new FLO G5 chargers alongside the Superchargers, which is more convenient for nightly use and during overflow Supercharger times.View attachment 368704
Is the old Sun Country Highway charger still working a the far end of the parking lot? In the old days that charger was invaluable for going to the Maritimes.

The pull-in stall at this supercharger was apparently hit by something heavy at a high rate of speed. It's still upright but barely. The TESLA light is not lit up on it so I assume it doesn't work. The other 7 stalls look fine (only plugged into one but it worked well).

• Informative
I should add that the hotel offers wifi with no password. Plenty of space in the lobby to make yourself comfortable and they don't seem to mind if you hang out there (even though I did actually stay there last night). The morning restaurant offered a decent cappucino, which if Yelp is any indication, seems hard to come by in this town. I assume the other restaurant would have access to the same espresso machine. Morning restaurant closes at 1:30pm and the other one is open for lunch and dinner.

• Informative
Topped out at just 78kW at RdL yesterday. I tried 1 stall from each of the 4 cabinets. I had just driven from Quebec City, had a 20% SOC, and no one else was at the supercharger. Ambient temp was around 15C. Must be some type of power limitation for the site as a whole? I don't remember this supercharger underperforming in the past. My 2018 S normally tops out around 140kW at 20% SOC on the v2s and then tapers rapidly to about 75kW at 50% SOC.