Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperChargers - Rivière-du-Loup, Qc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking a trip to the maritimes at the end of the month and was hoping this would be online in time for it. Doesn't look like I'm going to make it though. :crying:

Maybe for the trip back.

Is Tesla still dealing with the same red tape and BS with Canadian sites? Hasn't been any activity for a while now. Surely they're not saving the big push for winter again?

Taking a trip to the maritimes at the end of the month and was hoping this would be online in time for it. Doesn't look like I'm going to make it though. :crying:

Maybe for the trip back.

Is Tesla still dealing with the same red tape and BS with Canadian sites? Hasn't been any activity for a while now. Surely they're not saving the big push for winter again?
It's difficult to really know what is causing the slow down in Super Charger construction in Canada. Seems we may not be a priority for Tesla. Maybe the installs so far aren't being used enough to warrant a push for more?

It's difficult to really know what is causing the slow down in Super Charger construction in Canada. Seems we may not be a priority for Tesla. Maybe the installs so far aren't being used enough to warrant a push for more?

Oh, I know we're not a priority for Tesla, but they seem to be stuck in a circular argument. Tesla doesn't feel justified putting in more Superchargers because there aren't enough people buying cars, and people aren't buying cars because there aren't any Superchargers to incentivise them to do so.

Tesla employs many very smart people; surely someone there has figured out what the problem is here and how to solve it?

Something's got to give. Tesla has entered enough different markets by now to know very well that sales soar when Superchargers are deployed. I personally know several people who refuse to make the switch to electric before Superchargers are in place. Most countries had Superchargers in place before the car even went on sale, FFS! In Canada it was over a year until we got our first Supercharger! I can excuse this a bit because Model S went on sale in Canada before there were Superchargers, but that doesn't mean the lethargy needs to continue forever. Adapt! Overcome! Improve! Isn't that the Tesla way?

Last edited:
Oh, I know we're not a priority for Tesla, but they seem to be stuck in a circular argument. Tesla doesn't feel justified putting in more Superchargers because there aren't enough people buying cars, and people aren't buying cars because there aren't any Superchargers to incentivise them to do so.

Tesla employs many very smart people; surely someone there has figured out what the problem is here and how to solve it?

Something's got to give. Tesla has entered enough different markets by now to know very well that sales soar when Superchargers are deployed. I personally know several people who refuse to make the switch to electric before Superchargers are in place. Most countries had Superchargers in place before the car even went on sale, FFS! In Canada it was over a year until we got our first Supercharger! I can excuse this a bit because Model S went on sale in Canada before there were Superchargers, but that doesn't mean the lethargy needs to continue forever. Adapt! Overcome! Improve! Isn't that the Tesla way?
I swear to the gods that Tesla thinks we're some desolate backwater here in SK. "Nobody lives there but some buck-toothed hicks, why bother putting in Supechargers?"

Are you that guy I read about who lives in a small town and drives a Tesla? Did the cross-country EV race thingy?

Tesla makes less money per sale in Canada than in the USA (even with the exchange rate adjustment the Model S costs here and no ZEV credits). However, Canadian sales growth has been huge this year, so hopefully this will cause TM to pick up the pace.

Related to R-D-L, the La Pocatiere CHAdeMO station installation is stalled. The host is very disppointed. They are doing everything they can and wanted the site open for the Summer season, but paperwork and other factors out of their control have been holding things up for some time now.

A new CHAdeMO charging station is now up and running at La Pocatière (69 km before Rivière-du-Loup)

Nice option for the upcoming Rivière-du-Loup SuperCharger...

50 kw capacity (44 kw when charging)

BRCC - Carrefour La Pocatière | La Pocatière, QC | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

This summer I detoured into the ChaDeMo in Quebec at Boul de Versant Nord on the way to the Maritimes so this new one in La
Pocatière would save that extra time, especially if the Rivière-du-Loup SuperCharger is still not built by my next trip down east.

This summer I detoured into the ChaDeMo in Quebec at Boul de Versant Nord on the way to the Maritimes so this new one in La
Pocatière would save that extra time, especially if the Rivière-du-Loup SuperCharger is still not built by my next trip down east.

And I have to say that the rapid CHAdeMO chargers used/installed by Hydro-Québec are pretty reliable contrary to the CHAdeMO that are installed in US can't barely support a Tesla charging session (just go on Plugshare and see how many quick charging stations are down since the CHAdeMO adapter is available...).

You can easily trust them

You can also download the app, Circuit Electrique, to see if it's currently used or not...

We charged at both Québec City CHAdeMO installations in July and had no problem. Not sure what will happen with more use, whether that has an effect on them or on the connecting cables.

The station in La Pocatière would have helped us a lot, and I'll be even happier when the one in Mont-Joli goes in, and, of course, the Superchargers in RDL. I hope that Hôtel universel keeps and adds to its lone L2 charger when the SChs go in.

Any hope for Lévis SChs in the next ten months?

Last edited:
Is that an App in the car or the phone?

Yep 69 amps

58888.png

That was a nice screen Capture - is that an app or feature in the car to send out a screen capture - or a very well edited camera pic taken of the screen?

That was a nice screen Capture - is that an app or feature in the car to send out a screen capture - or a very well edited camera pic taken of the screen?

Most smart phones (iPhone & Android, at least) support some sort of screen capture. Google for "screen capture" and your model of phone. On my Android/Google phone (which I think was made by Samsung), holding the power button and then pressing the volume-down button will take a screen capture. And then you can post it to these forums, Plugshare, etc.

Shouldn't the TransCan be Supercharged? I don't wanna have to fly it.

Depends on who you ask. I think that would be the logical point for Tesla to reach before backing off their Canadian presence to pursue other priorities, not this hodge-podge of Superchargers we have now. They've basically just left us with two islands. I thought the purpose of Superchargers was to make long-distance EV travel as convenient as possible, not to set up shop where they can sell a few cars then leave the other 75% of the country high and dry.

Depends on who you ask. I think that would be the logical point for Tesla to reach before backing off their Canadian presence to pursue other priorities, not this hodge-podge of Superchargers we have now. They've basically just left us with two islands. I thought the purpose of Superchargers was to make long-distance EV travel as convenient as possible, not to set up shop where they can sell a few cars then leave the other 75% of the country high and dry.
I agree 100%. This is the first long distance corridor in Canada that needs to be fully populated with Superchargers. Less-travelled routes can come later, but the TCH is important today.