Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperChargers - Rivière-du-Loup, Qc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beautiful. All we need now is Woodstock/Houghton, Moncton,Halifax!

I would settle for Woodstock, since my mother is in Moncton, and a charge overnight at her house gets me to Halifax.

But we really do need a superchargers in Moncton. That gets people to Halifax, and presumably that will be most people's destination when travelling east. From there, I assume they could charge overnight and get back to Moncton for the return.

Definitely a Halifax area supercharger (or, more sensibly, Truro) would help, especially with people heading to Cape Breton or the south shore, but Moncton is definitely more important than anything in NS I think. But Woodstock is absolutely vital.

I would settle for Woodstock, since my mother is in Moncton, and a charge overnight at her house gets me to Halifax.

But we really do need a superchargers in Moncton. That gets people to Halifax, and presumably that will be most people's destination when travelling east. From there, I assume they could charge overnight and get back to Moncton for the return.

Definitely a Halifax area supercharger (or, more sensibly, Truro) would help, especially with people heading to Cape Breton or the south shore, but Moncton is definitely more important than anything in NS I think. But Woodstock is absolutely vital.
Absolutely. And that is not just for Maritimer owners of Teslas. The Maritimes are an important tourist destination and SC's in Woodstock and Moncton would both facilitate that and open up more of Canada to the possibility of ownership of Teslas. After all, there are 1.8 million people there. Not to mention the huge numbers of transplanted Maritimes, like myself, who live in Upper Canada. If Tesla is willing to build two SC's to service the Muskoka crowd surely it is not too much to ask for east coast access. I actually met someone from Quebec while charging in Moncton, at a 70 amp charger, who owns a Model S who was driving an ice car because of the lack of fast charging out east.

If Tesla is willing to build two SC's to service the Muskoka crowd surely it is not too much to ask for east coast access. I actually met someone from Quebec while charging in Moncton, at a 70 amp charger, who owns a Model S who was driving an ice car because of the lack of fast charging out east.

Agreed. I'm also a transplanted maritimer living in Upper Canada.

I am disgusted by the idea of driving an ICE car to the maritimes while owning a Model S--I feel bad for that guy. Luckily for me, I don't have an ICE car so there is no choice.

My GF has though, after 1 trip to the maritimes, said she does not want to drive there anymore in my Model S because 2 days in the car is too long for her. I don't know that she really thinks it is 1 day in an ICE car, but she is right, it's too far with charging stops--especially with slow charging--to do the run we used to do from Halifax -> Ottawa in 13 hours flat.

Open R-du-L and Woodstock AND Moncton superchargers, and you might be able to get close to that though.

Agreed. I'm also a transplanted maritimer living in Upper Canada.

I am disgusted by the idea of driving an ICE car to the maritimes while owning a Model S--I feel bad for that guy. Luckily for me, I don't have an ICE car so there is no choice.

My GF has though, after 1 trip to the maritimes, said she does not want to drive there anymore in my Model S because 2 days in the car is too long for her. I don't know that she really thinks it is 1 day in an ICE car, but she is right, it's too far with charging stops--especially with slow charging--to do the run we used to do from Halifax -> Ottawa in 13 hours flat.

Open R-du-L and Woodstock AND Moncton superchargers, and you might be able to get close to that though.
As for your girlfriend, same for my wife. We have driven twice down this summer. The last time my wife flew down before us and it was a much more relaxed drive for my son and I. That time we went through the States. When we get to the Maritimes we slow down and when charging we just stop, eat, and hunker down with a book. And thank goodness for the ChaDeMo in Truro. But would I love to see those SC's, especially with the great highways in NB and NS.

I was their last weekend. All construction & connection work is finalized. Had the chance to speak with the project manager working for the City of RDL who managed the project with Hotel/Motel Universel and Tesla. Official opening scheduled for September 20th. H-Q has done its work as of September 2nd. Waiting for Tesla technicien to finalize his piece. Next one on the list : Lévis !!! ;)

Pictures included. Enjoy !

IMG_2900.jpg
IMG_2899.jpg

Wait... whadya mean you'll probably get rid of your tesla by then?
Warranty is ending in a month for me, and I got +12 pages of issues I got with my car, but my biggest issue is the service I got from Montreal center. I'm technical and like to understand what going on, and when a problem occur, I don't accept that it not a problem.

For example, I got turned twice being dismissed that I had braking issues with my car... The third time I nearly died from it, I didn't take no as a response, they check and saw dirt/rock in the braking system which Tesla have a service bulletin for installing shield to protect against that very issues... Now that issue probably caused the brake to use unevenly which I complain afterward that It still not brake great (but better than it did). The service boss at the time, after looking at my brake disk said they would need to be replaced with my annual service which include that service(paid for that), but they didn't do it yet it still cause the same freaking issues. At this point, I gave up and not mentioned it again... But the issue got much worst and to a point where the car is shaking like crazy when braking sometime.

I had headlight issues, where they had to replace it, but they don't realign it !!! That like one of the most basic thing to know you have to do. They are supposed to inspect the battery pack visually at annual, yet I know I had some scratch on it, they just haven't checked it. They have too many cars for the staff they have, they don't do the full maintenance your paying them to do. I went back mentioning it, and they called me back that I had 2 tape under the car that was scratch and It urgent that I replace them... I felt the same thing I had when I was at other dealer; Pressure to do something on my car that was not really urgent, just because the car was already on the lift and they wanted to monetize on it, when the only reason it on a lift again it because they didn't do the check like I paid them for in the first place to do. That exactly what Tesla HQ said they wouldn't do and be different, yet they do just that.

Told them about an issues that all Tesla (maybe just legacy (pre autopilot)) have when you go in reverse, the car on the GPS go forward. That issue occur right after a specific software update which I have the documentation with the data from Teslalog.com with multiple owner complaining about it. Yet, they do not believed me and wasted a few days working on it, even replacing the central computer in my car and I told them their owner loaner they gave me have that same issue... After 4 days, they told me I was right !!! But after they reassembled the dash, they didn't do it correctly and I have some rattle now over there. That bugs is still not fixed. Note that it can cause house damage if you use the automatic garage door opening feature of the car, because when leaving, your car might send the command to open the door because it not detect you arrive at your home. Leaving your garage door open (and can be problematic especially in the winter !)

I got 3 door handle replaced and the last one I had issue with, but the door handle stop having issue before I got to the service, and got the message that if it not happening right now, they are not checking it. So if it happen in 1 month, it mean I'll probably have to pay for getting it fixed, when it an known issue.

It the kinds of thing I would expect from other car maker... But Tesla HQ have said they were not like that. they would remotely fix thing to help customer even...

Well I had my frunk hook that rusted, which it wouldn't open... But the worst is when the sensor also stop working and the car would beep and say that my frunk is open all the time... And it very loud and insistent while driving... They set me up with an appointment ~2 week latter !!! 2 week of beeping non stop while driving ! For me that ~1600km(~1000miles). So I asked if they could just disable that audio warning remotely, well their answer was a categoric no ! So I asked if anything could be done temporary, removing a fuse or something... They said no... That not the type of service I expect !!! I got luckly, the sensor started to work from time to time after a few days. What worries me, is visually, it look like the hook is rusting again, so I expect this to happen again and by then warranty will be gone...

There is a bunch of other example I could say... I don't mind being a beta tester, even one that spend 100k$ on a car, but I expect to be taken care of when issue like that occur. I got the top of the main screen that get pressed by statics when passenger side door get open (which might press the lock button on the main display locking the car, which they fixed partially, but it still occur less often, but they will probably tell me now that if it doesn't happen often, then they are not going to check it out at all !

Ok I'll stop now, but I could go on... So yea... I thinking very strongly to getting rid of it... Tesla even try to sell me a new car saying they fixed those issues with the newers cars now ! I'm like... WTF then you don't fix them on mine ? What happen to the issues those newer car have, I'll have to spend $ to buy a new ... new car again to get issues fixed !!!

Let just say maybe all the frustration except of few of them are a problem with the Montreal Service Center only... I though to go to Toronto to do the service, but I just don't have the time to do it :( Some of them is from Tesla HQ (Like fixing bugs in the software), and maybe MTL got the order from HQ to stop fixing issues and push to buying newer car... I personally like my Pre Autopilot car ! Few thing that is annoying, like the winter cold air leaking on the driver steering wheel section when on the highway... I just can't keep my left hand on the steering wheel sometime (probably related to having side wind, since it doesn't happen all the time). I know there is service bulletin about it, and I tried to get them to do it, but I've been told it was done, but I can't find that notice anywhere in the service paper I have... And unless I remove the door panel, I don't think I can see it... And if it there, well that doesn't fix the issue.

Ok Ok I'll stop... I kept hoping for Tesla to do something about all this, and the longer thing does, the harder for them it will be to make me happy, and at the point I am, I'm not sure there is anything they could do to make me happy !

Oh one last things... For the third door handle, I had issue with, I got it fixed, but my service rep came to me and said that my car was out of warranty ! The worst things, is I've KNEW and said to others that this would happen... My car had +7000km when I got it, (service loaner), and I get to have warranty of 80000km starting from delivery. The rep wouldn't hear any of it... He keep saying I was wrong and I was out of warranty ! I personally lost it ! Of course, as always, I ended up being right ! Now, how many owner got screwed by them paying for repair they shouldn't have to pay !

I also had smell of burning when I supercharged at the service center one day... I went to the service and they dismissed me if no error message appear in the car and not to worry about it. A few week later, a Tesla burned at a SuperCharger ! Now after the investigation, I think I've read it was an issue with the junction box in the car. So now I'm asking tesla to just verify that part to see if it ok in my car or not, and so far they don't seen to want to do it unless there is the burn smell again when they try it !!! WTF is that crappy attitude !!! Once my house burn down from it, they will investigate... Maybe my car got predamaged and might be more prone for this to happen in the future... I'm not asking to replace anything, just to CHECK it if it look ok !

They should have changed my forth door handle right away by now after the first 3 break ! I can think of a Dell Storage system my brother had where disk would failed one after the other... At some point, Dell not saying they will only replace it once it failed... They replaced them all after a few failure since they knew there were an issue. And understand that they replaced for 15k$ worth of hard disk in a 20k$ system.

Ok I'm done ;) Good day ;)

Holy crap. That's quite a laundry list. I'm so sorry you've had such bad luck. I have almost the same car as you, December 2013 and, although I've had a few issues, I've found the service reps really friendly and helpful. Can't imagine your frustration especially as you're an early adopter and obviously a very smart Tesla customer.

I'm still a fan of the company and my old pre-autopilot, pre Dual drive car that I spent more money buying than all the other cars I've owned combined.

Hoping you just had a bad apple.

Thanks for the tesla Logs. It's amazing.

Lance

Warranty is ending in a month for me, and I got +12 pages of issues I got with my car, but my biggest issue is the service I got from Montreal center. I'm technical and like to understand what going on, and when a problem occur, I don't accept that it not a problem.

For example, I got turned twice being dismissed that I had braking issues with my car... The third time I nearly died from it, I didn't take no as a response, they check and saw dirt/rock in the braking system which Tesla have a service bulletin for installing shield to protect against that very issues... Now that issue probably caused the brake to use unevenly which I complain afterward that It still not brake great (but better than it did). The service boss at the time, after looking at my brake disk said they would need to be replaced with my annual service which include that service(paid for that), but they didn't do it yet it still cause the same freaking issues. At this point, I gave up and not mentioned it again... But the issue got much worst and to a point where the car is shaking like crazy when braking sometime.

I had headlight issues, where they had to replace it, but they don't realign it !!! That like one of the most basic thing to know you have to do. They are supposed to inspect the battery pack visually at annual, yet I know I had some scratch on it, they just haven't checked it. They have too many cars for the staff they have, they don't do the full maintenance your paying them to do. I went back mentioning it, and they called me back that I had 2 tape under the car that was scratch and It urgent that I replace them... I felt the same thing I had when I was at other dealer; Pressure to do something on my car that was not really urgent, just because the car was already on the lift and they wanted to monetize on it, when the only reason it on a lift again it because they didn't do the check like I paid them for in the first place to do. That exactly what Tesla HQ said they wouldn't do and be different, yet they do just that.

Told them about an issues that all Tesla (maybe just legacy (pre autopilot)) have when you go in reverse, the car on the GPS go forward. That issue occur right after a specific software update which I have the documentation with the data from Teslalog.com with multiple owner complaining about it. Yet, they do not believed me and wasted a few days working on it, even replacing the central computer in my car and I told them their owner loaner they gave me have that same issue... After 4 days, they told me I was right !!! But after they reassembled the dash, they didn't do it correctly and I have some rattle now over there. That bugs is still not fixed. Note that it can cause house damage if you use the automatic garage door opening feature of the car, because when leaving, your car might send the command to open the door because it not detect you arrive at your home. Leaving your garage door open (and can be problematic especially in the winter !)

I got 3 door handle replaced and the last one I had issue with, but the door handle stop having issue before I got to the service, and got the message that if it not happening right now, they are not checking it. So if it happen in 1 month, it mean I'll probably have to pay for getting it fixed, when it an known issue.

It the kinds of thing I would expect from other car maker... But Tesla HQ have said they were not like that. they would remotely fix thing to help customer even...

Well I had my frunk hook that rusted, which it wouldn't open... But the worst is when the sensor also stop working and the car would beep and say that my frunk is open all the time... And it very loud and insistent while driving... They set me up with an appointment ~2 week latter !!! 2 week of beeping non stop while driving ! For me that ~1600km(~1000miles). So I asked if they could just disable that audio warning remotely, well their answer was a categoric no ! So I asked if anything could be done temporary, removing a fuse or something... They said no... That not the type of service I expect !!! I got luckly, the sensor started to work from time to time after a few days. What worries me, is visually, it look like the hook is rusting again, so I expect this to happen again and by then warranty will be gone...

There is a bunch of other example I could say... I don't mind being a beta tester, even one that spend 100k$ on a car, but I expect to be taken care of when issue like that occur. I got the top of the main screen that get pressed by statics when passenger side door get open (which might press the lock button on the main display locking the car, which they fixed partially, but it still occur less often, but they will probably tell me now that if it doesn't happen often, then they are not going to check it out at all !

Ok I'll stop now, but I could go on... So yea... I thinking very strongly to getting rid of it... Tesla even try to sell me a new car saying they fixed those issues with the newers cars now ! I'm like... WTF then you don't fix them on mine ? What happen to the issues those newer car have, I'll have to spend $ to buy a new ... new car again to get issues fixed !!!

Let just say maybe all the frustration except of few of them are a problem with the Montreal Service Center only... I though to go to Toronto to do the service, but I just don't have the time to do it :( Some of them is from Tesla HQ (Like fixing bugs in the software), and maybe MTL got the order from HQ to stop fixing issues and push to buying newer car... I personally like my Pre Autopilot car ! Few thing that is annoying, like the winter cold air leaking on the driver steering wheel section when on the highway... I just can't keep my left hand on the steering wheel sometime (probably related to having side wind, since it doesn't happen all the time). I know there is service bulletin about it, and I tried to get them to do it, but I've been told it was done, but I can't find that notice anywhere in the service paper I have... And unless I remove the door panel, I don't think I can see it... And if it there, well that doesn't fix the issue.

Ok Ok I'll stop... I kept hoping for Tesla to do something about all this, and the longer thing does, the harder for them it will be to make me happy, and at the point I am, I'm not sure there is anything they could do to make me happy !

Oh one last things... For the third door handle, I had issue with, I got it fixed, but my service rep came to me and said that my car was out of warranty ! The worst things, is I've KNEW and said to others that this would happen... My car had +7000km when I got it, (service loaner), and I get to have warranty of 80000km starting from delivery. The rep wouldn't hear any of it... He keep saying I was wrong and I was out of warranty ! I personally lost it ! Of course, as always, I ended up being right ! Now, how many owner got screwed by them paying for repair they shouldn't have to pay !

I also had smell of burning when I supercharged at the service center one day... I went to the service and they dismissed me if no error message appear in the car and not to worry about it. A few week later, a Tesla burned at a SuperCharger ! Now after the investigation, I think I've read it was an issue with the junction box in the car. So now I'm asking tesla to just verify that part to see if it ok in my car or not, and so far they don't seen to want to do it unless there is the burn smell again when they try it !!! WTF is that crappy attitude !!! Once my house burn down from it, they will investigate... Maybe my car got predamaged and might be more prone for this to happen in the future... I'm not asking to replace anything, just to CHECK it if it look ok !

They should have changed my forth door handle right away by now after the first 3 break ! I can think of a Dell Storage system my brother had where disk would failed one after the other... At some point, Dell not saying they will only replace it once it failed... They replaced them all after a few failure since they knew there were an issue. And understand that they replaced for 15k$ worth of hard disk in a 20k$ system.

Ok I'm done ;) Good day ;)

mochouinard: with that many unresolved issues, I'd try reaching out to Tesla itself. I think people get good results that way and maybe they can still make you happy. :) There are clowns everywhere in life, including I'm sure at tesla service ctrs.

I'm also a "user" of the Montreal service center. While the service staff is very nice and helpful, I must admit that the actual work done on the car has not really been good to say the least. Had to go multiple time to fix some of the issues I've had since day 1. I was also told that newer car don't have those problem (like the leaking roof)... not sure how that helps! They are definitely swarmed and overworked.. I don't know how they can handle the hours they are putting in.

I'm really close to the Service Center but I've went there around 10 times since I got the car around 18months ago....which I don't think is normal... Ok.. really off topic... moving along :)