Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperChargers - Rivière-du-Loup, Qc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I was told, Tesla does NOT provide the charger for free.
Maybe they used to, but not any more.
I think Tesla is "cheapening" up on a few things such as destination charging and removing the foam sound barrier under the frunk hood with newer cars. They seem to be doing anything to save a few bucks here and there.
I do not think this is correct information. I know of a very recent contact where Tesla DID provide the equipment free of charge (and yes in Canada). I believe the offset for installation chargers is discretionary as mentioned in another email.

Has anyone charged here recently? I plan on charging at RDL later tonight and am hoping that everything is working properly. After reading this thread, it looks like this location has had an awful lot of problems staying functional.

Only positive check ins on plugshare since April. The only bug I'm aware of there is the system overstating the number of stalls in uss by four.

I stopped by twice over the past few months and everything was great. In regards to the "overstating of use": I wonder if the fact that some of the stalls also double as 30 minutes parking has anything to do with this. Any ideas on this observation?

Okay great. Thanks for all the info.

WRT the number of stalls in use being overstated, this is a common problem at many of the superchargers in the US so not at all unique to RdL. I think it has something to do with stalls not "communicating" properly with HQ or something like that. The stall availability feature is still in its infancy and they definitely have some kinks to work out. Would also be nice to know how many Teslas are waiting in line in cases where the stalls are all full.

I made it to RdL late last night and no problems to report.

The Brewer, ME to RdL stretch in a torrential downpour was a real doozy. You haven't lived until you are in a rural area where you don't speak the language and your cell phone is a brick and your EV is screaming at you "CHARGING NEEDED TO REACH DESTINATION!"

I pulled in with 4 rated miles to spare so my undefeated record versus the Nav warnings remains in tact.