Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperChargers - Rivière-du-Loup, Qc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Topped out at just 78kW at RdL yesterday. I tried 1 stall from each of the 4 cabinets. I had just driven from Quebec City, had a 20% SOC, and no one else was at the supercharger. Ambient temp was around 15C. Must be some type of power limitation for the site as a whole? I don't remember this supercharger underperforming in the past. My 2018 S normally tops out around 140kW at 20% SOC on the v2s and then tapers rapidly to about 75kW at 50% SOC.
These guys hit the same issue a few weeks ago:

I wonder, anyone have reported this to Tesla ?
The Tesla Owner's Wisconsin group has a back channel means to inform Tesla about Supercharger issues in Wisconsin. I used this charger three times in July and September, and noted the poor performance. I also noted that Plugshare shows the issue dates back to at least March. I contacted Tesla Owner's Wisconsin, and they reported it to Tesla in mid-September.

Tesla supposedly also monitors charge rates from each stall via their remote monitoring, and use that data to identify bad stalls, or bad cabinets. So Tesla should be aware of the problem. The big question is why it is taking so long to fix it.

Reactions: Ther0ck
I'm pretty sure the Tesla Quebec club has reported it, at least through some members as they have a form for that too. It was my impression that the site had been "cut in half", only providing ~75kW per cabinet instead of 150kW, possibly because the transformer was bad. That would explain the 77kW I got on cabinet 1. However other cabinets outputting 40kW might be more recent. If it's the transformer then it's possible Tesla made this derating so that the site would at least work instead of going down, until the transformer is replaced. Getting transformers installed at new SC sites is taking many months already, and I believe the same is true for other charging equipment operators. Hydro-Quebec is either favoring their sites or at the very least are overloaded with demand.

EDIT: Ah, someone else posted about this. Look at the top post of this page stating Tesla is aware of a bad transformer.

Reactions: Ther0ck
I'm pretty sure the Tesla Quebec club has reported it, at least through some members as they have a form for that too. It was my impression that the site had been "cut in half", only providing ~75kW per cabinet instead of 150kW, possibly because the transformer was bad. That would explain the 77kW I got on cabinet 1. However other cabinets outputting 40kW might be more recent. If it's the transformer then it's possible Tesla made this derating so that the site would at least work instead of going down, until the transformer is replaced. Getting transformers installed at new SC sites is taking many months already, and I believe the same is true for other charging equipment operators. Hydro-Quebec is either favoring their sites or at the very least are overloaded with demand.

EDIT: Ah, someone else posted about this. Look at the top post of this page stating Tesla is aware of a bad transformer.
It's not Hydro Quebec's transformer that appears to be damaged, it's Tesla's.

Reactions: GtiMart