Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers visited 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some people may like it the way it is now. Perhaps it depends on wanting to know where you've been vs where you're going. Or, it could be based on the number of superchargers you've been to - if you've been to more than half you may want to see what remains; less than half see where you've been.
Each competitor can have their individual map display with whatever default they prefer. They just need to let me know and I'll configure it as they like.

I think many of us value looking forward moreso than looking back. It would be nice if the phone version allowed an easier toggle to an unvisited charger map, along with impending openings.

Not sure why the supercharger map is just populating a handful of CA chargers this morning. Oh, I see why—the day of opening slider is defaulting to 2012.
Yep. If anyone wants a default other than what they currently see on their map, they just need to let me know. Otherwise, the standard default will be to show all of the locations they have visited by year.

@David99 - your map is now available at this link and on the dashboard.

@ColBatGuano - I've fixed your map so all years are now on by default. Does this address what you were looking to have fixed?

It did, thank you. My family found the map much more impressive than the raw number of Superchargers I've been too. I think it's going to be a very effective way of showing people that there are very few if any limits to what our cars can do and where they can go.

• Love
Reactions: theflyer and tes-s
I have updaed the spreadsheet to show a red background in the entry fields if the date is before the supercharger opened. This will help catch any data entry errors.
I suggest that the red background should only show if the date is more than seven? days before the supercharger opened. I know that a number of us have visited superchargers before they were 'officially' open per Supercharge.info - in fact we may have been the person who reported it as open.

How about adding a table which shows the number of Superchargers visited per quarter in addition to the cumulative total each quarter in the Leaderboard tab?

The spreadsheet does seem much more responsive now.

I suggest that the red background should only show if the date is more than seven? days before the supercharger opened. I know that a number of us have visited superchargers before they were 'officially' open per Supercharge.info - in fact we may have been the person who reported it as open.
There is a strange anomaly in supercharge.info that I am investigating with @BlueShift. For example, Cle Elum shows as "changed" to "open" status on 12/8/2018, but the "open date" is 12/9/2018. There are several examples like that where it is off by a day, so I have made that adjustment to our flagging algorithm.

I looked at a couple of other dates that have been entered, and the visit dates are almost certainly before the supercharger was opened based upon posts in the discussion thread.

Reactions: NKYTA
There is a strange anomaly in supercharge.info that I am investigating with @BlueShift. For example, Cle Elum shows as "changed" to "open" status on 12/8/2018, but the "open date" is 12/9/2018. There are several examples like that where it is off by a day, so I have made that adjustment to our flagging algorithm.

I looked at a couple of other dates that have been entered, and the visit dates are almost certainly before the supercharger was opened based upon posts in the discussion thread.
Actually, now that I look at some of my dates, they are clearly wrong. For example Burbank - North Third I have as 9/8/2017 which is flagged in red - when I look at my Superchargers Visited posts, that should have been 10/9/2017 - it looks like several for 9/8/2017 are wrong. I'll have to review my dates again. There are some which may be 'wrong' because I entered just month/year - I guess that gets translated to the first day of the month, which causes a red flag for example for Hamilton Twp, NJ. I take back my comment about relaxing the Red Flag constraint. I also see that I have Oakdale, MN wrong by one day.

Actually, now that I look at some of my dates, they are clearly wrong. For example Burbank - North Third I have as 9/8/2017 which is flagged in red - when I look at my Superchargers Visited posts, that should have been 10/9/2017 - it looks like several for 9/8/2017 are wrong. I'll have to review my dates again. There are some which may be 'wrong' because I entered just month/year - I guess that gets translated to the first day of the month, which causes a red flag for example for Hamilton Twp, NJ. I take back my comment about relaxing the Red Flag constraint. I also see that I have Oakdale, MN wrong by one day.

A few days or even 1 week is a good enough leeway. I know I've charged at some that were not yet on the Nav screen or PlugShare but were definitely operational. It's when the visit date is more than 1 month early that is the easy flag.

Thanks for fixing your dates, @JSergeant. I was just rolling through the list updating some as for some reason @Bighorn had a bunch of invalid (too early) visit dates so I found all of his posts and corrected them. These were mostly the "1st of the month" entry which was a conversion from Sep 2014 to Sep 1, 2014 when it was a post from Sep 5, 2014 and the day of or a few days after it was open.

For others, such as BerTX or Sasmania, it meant a bit more of a generalization such as the last day of the Quarter of the day that the charger opened. This is not ideal and not the best way to do it but some of the visits were noted as 9+ months before the open date (because they only had "2016" or "2017" so the date got auto-changed to Jan 1st of each year) and they don't have a post listing their visits.

Things will get sorted out as it rolls along.

Does anyone want to generate a table showing the number opened each quarter, the number under construction each quarter and the number with permits each quarter? Particularly for the US & Canada. I could program it, but I'd be happy if someone beat me to it!

I added some more columns to the "Supercharger" tab that show the number of us who have visited the supercharger ("Visits"), and columns for the first year we visited ("Vnnnn") where nnnn is the year.

The four that have had the most people currently in the spreadsheet visit them are:
Barstow, CA
Grand Junction, CO
Silverthorne, CO
Green River, UT