Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers visited 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may work differently if you're talking about getting your heat energy from a Level 2 plug vs a SC.
Back in November '13, I was in Maine, trying to warm up my car during a blizzard [9°F (-13°C), strong winds]. Even though I was plugged into a “110” outlet [was only getting about 96 volts], my car's battery charge was dropping!

Back in November '13, I was in Maine, trying to warm up my car during a blizzard [9°F (-13°C), strong winds]. Even though I was plugged into a “110” outlet [was only getting about 96 volts], my car's battery charge was dropping!

When I drive around here at -6 C the heater uses aprox 2 kW. That's already more than a 120 outlet can provide. So it makes sense that when you try to stay warm in a -13 C storm, the standard outlet won't be able to do that. Part of the energy has to come from the battery.

Reactions: DavidB
Depending on the temperature of the battery and the environment, using climate can draw 6 kW and the battery heater another 6 kW. It definitely will outpace most plugs, but my point was that it would continue to draw shore power even after the battery had fully charged.

Reactions: David99
I entered the chargers in the DB, but I don't know if there's an automatic procedure that updates the list on this thread.
@evp Here is a more complete answer to your question.

Admins can enter dates for anyone.
Participants can enter dates in their column.
From that, everything in the spreadsheet gets calculated, but there are some manual steps.

1. Tableau is refreshed from the spreadsheet once a day.
2. The leaderboard in the spreadsheet does not get sorted automatically. Admins do that periodically. If it is not sorted the supercharger count will still be updated, just some particpants may be out of order and their rank may be wrong.
3. "Firsts" in the spreadsheet are not updated automatically. We do that peridically - usually every few weeks. Tableau leaderboard is automatically sorted, and has a nicer display.
4. Century badges are manually entered by admins.
5. We are moving to a "relational" data model for our visualizations. The supercharger visit dates in the "Supercharger" sheet are manually translated to the "Visits" sheet for now. Our visualizations use the relational model based on three sheets:
"Supercharger" sheet for supercharger information (unique id is SID)
"Competitor" sheet for competitor information (unique id is CID)
"Visits" sheet for all supercharger visits (unique ID is CID/SID and the data is the visit date)

Any coders out there willing to contribute to the cause?
Supercharge.info - callout for code contributors

We get our supercharger data from supercharge.info. At some point I see a convergence between supercharge.info and our "database", but right now supercharge.info is the source for all our supercharger information, and we maintain the competitor and visit information. From that @theflyer does the cool visualizations.

Supercharge.info has a user base well beyond our game, and is looking to make some requested enhancements. If anyone has some time, willingness, and requisite skills, we are looking for volunteers.

You may have noticed that sometimes a supercharger is reported "live" on supercharge.info, and then the supercharger goes offline and is changed to "Temporarily Closed" or "Construction" in supercharge.info.

We do not change the status in our spreadsheet/database in those cases - we still show it as "Open". Before visiting a supercharger, check the status at supercharge.info and in the Tesla nav if you want to know if there are any potential issues charging there.

• Informative
Reactions: NKYTA and scottf200
0) As most know by now you can change your Google maps phone app to include your EVs plug types (I'm just picking Tesla and not J1772 currently).
But did you also know:
1) You can mainly just show superchargers?
2) show superchargers you haven't visited?
3) show superchargers you haven't visited in a particular state?
4) if you click the 'not visited' button and it shows ones you know you've visited then you can edit that?
(apparently, the geofenced defn is not perfect for that as Google normally knows places you've 'visited').

https://i.imgur.com/xGeziKg.jpg
xGeziKg.jpg

3) show superchargers you haven't visited in a particular state?
https://i.imgur.com/qVugkmm.jpg
qVugkmm.jpg

4) if you click the 'not visited' button and it shows ones you know you've visited then you can edit that?
https://i.imgur.com/u2RXZXf.jpg
u2RXZXf.jpg

Reactions: Wyomingtim
Please add the following 4 from this weekend. First trip with the Little Guy. Before anyone loses their mind, every supercharger was empty. I’m either in the car or keeping a close watch and I’m always willing to unhitch. ..

12/28/19
Burleson, TX
Henrietta, TX
Shamrock, TX
Weatherford, TX
The utter audacity to give us that picture and not tell us how it affected range (Wh/mi) pulling that vs without pulling that! :)

We did a trip to Bavaria to try to escape the new year fireworks because my dog gets really afraid with those. It didn't quite work out, but at least was some improvement to staying at home.

We took some detours to visit some new superchargers:

2019-12-29: Nürburgring, Wittlich, Gensingen, Wertheim, Satteldorf, Ellwangen, Jettingen-Scheppach, Ulm
2020-01-02: Sindelsdorf, SeC Kirchheim, Hengersberg, Mühldorf, Wernberg-Köblitz
2020-01-03: Münchberg, Weimar, Zella-Mehlis

I added them to the spreadsheet.

Here are some photos of "Papa Ossi", the big sloth we took on this trip.

IMG_20191229_081511.jpg IMG_20191229_081554.jpg IMG_20191229_081656.jpg IMG_20191229_093900.jpg IMG_20191229_105953.jpg IMG_20191229_114539.jpg IMG_20191229_133432.jpg IMG_20191229_134720.jpg IMG_20191229_152152.jpg IMG_20191229_164007.jpg

Reactions: juliusa and DavidB