Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers visited 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since your average "Wh/mi" will go up, then can you just use the Projected Range on the 'Consumption' tab?
Kinda. A few problems to keep in mind: (1) The projected range algorithm keeps getting improved with software updates. This is a problem when trying to depend on the same skewed behavior. (2) The algorithm doesn't just use data from your current trip, but your previous trips as well. This is all fine & good if you are driving is consistently, but if you are driving conservatively one trip, and speeding while towing a trailer the next, that projected range algorithm will be way off.

Kinda. A few problems to keep in mind: (1) The projected range algorithm keeps getting improved with software updates. This is a problem when trying to depend on the same skewed behavior. (2) The algorithm doesn't just use data from your current trip, but your previous trips as well. This is all fine & good if you are driving is consistently, but if you are driving conservatively one trip, and speeding while towing a trailer the next, that projected range algorithm will be way off.
Are you sure about that? I don't think it uses history. That "Project Range" value changes depending on whether you have the last 5, 15, or 30 tab selected along with the 'Average Range' tab. You also can pick the 'Instant Range' tab that ignores the 5, 15, 30 and just uses your current kW draw. This has been my experience with 60K miles of roadtrips. Note: Picture repeated for easy viewing/matching to my description.

UPDATE: Added the manual screen print below that backs up what I said above.

2kG0np2.jpg

lSlbiIm.jpg

Are you sure about that? I don't think it uses history. That "Project Range" value changes depending on whether you have the last 5, 15, or 30 tab selected along with the 'Average Range' tab. You also can pick the 'Instant Range' tab that ignores the 5, 15, 30 and just uses your current kW draw. This has been my experience with 60K miles of roadtrips. Note: Picture repeated for easy viewing/matching to my description.

UPDATE: Added the manual screen print below that backs up what I said above.
It certainly has used your driving history in the past (and it would make sense to do so). But, as I said, the projected range algorithm keeps changing with software updates. I've given up trying to track every subtle change Tesla makes to the software, and can't say for sure what it does or doesn't do with the current software.

Some notes from the admins:

Rules. We only count superchargers that are available to the public. If the supercharger is listed in our spreadsheet as "open" and you charge there it counts even if it is not open to the public - but tell us, so we can mark it is "closed" as of that date so it is no longer part of the game going forward.

Leaderboard. The spreadsheet leaderboard now displays "badges" to recognize our leaders in different categories.

Clearly there are way more movies that use that reference than I expected. I was going for "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" as it is the original. But my wording was a bit off...

Stella...!

I'll try to be more precise in the future.

Just like it's not "Play it again, Sam" it's "Play it, Sam. Play.... As Time Goes By"

And it's definitely not... "Luke, I am your father" it's "No, I am your father."

Last edited:
Reactions: evp and DavidB
Some notes from the admins:

Rules. We only count superchargers that are available to the public. If the supercharger is listed in our spreadsheet as "open" and you charge there it counts even if it is not open to the public - but tell us, so we can mark it is "closed" as of that date so it is no longer part of the game going forward.

Leaderboard. The spreadsheet leaderboard now displays "badges" to recognize our leaders in different categories.
In looking through the badge numbers I think I found an error in a @Tdreamer entry. They have a visited entry for Laguna Seca last May and I believe Laguna Seca was long closed by then. Looks like perhaps it should have been entered for Kettleman City instead.

In looking through the badge numbers I think I found an error in a @Tdreamer entry. They have a visited entry for Laguna Seca last May and I believe Laguna Seca was long closed by then. Looks like perhaps it should have been entered for Kettleman City instead.
Great catch @GHammer. Definitely was not at Laguna Seca on 5/24, but was at Kettleman City. Spreadsheet corrected.

Reactions: juliusa and GHammer