Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers visited 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think you can update your totals directly (not sure if that is what you were trying to do).
Two modes of operation: DIY or plainly request admins to update your data when posting to the main thread.
DIY requires setup so that permission can be granted to specific google auth to edit specific spreadsheet columns.

Thanks for publishing maps on all the contestants. That makes it so much easier for one to plan where to stop when on a road trip to pickup all the new stations for you.

I did find bad links on the page that is generated on my map. I'm viewing Tableau Public and then select on of the stations (Tulsa, OK) in NE Oklahoma for example. Selecting the "TMC discussion thread" link yields a bogus link to https://supercharge.info/service/su...e.info/service/supercharge/discuss?siteId=742 (the intended URL is put twice in the link). This generated a Bad Request error from supercharge.info, which is fixed by getting rid of half the text in the URL in the browser window. This same issue happens on all similar links on the page and I'm assuming is the same for other contestants as well.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Thanks for publishing maps on all the contestants. That makes it so much easier for one to plan where to stop when on a road trip to pickup all the new stations for you.

I did find bad links on the page that is generated on my map. I'm viewing Tableau Public and then select on of the stations (Tulsa, OK) in NE Oklahoma for example. Selecting the "TMC discussion thread" link yields a bogus link to https://supercharge.info/service/su...e.info/service/supercharge/discuss?siteId=742 (the intended URL is put twice in the link). This generated a Bad Request error from supercharge.info, which is fixed by getting rid of half the text in the URL in the browser window. This same issue happens on all similar links on the page and I'm assuming is the same for other contestants as well.
The supercharger is in Catoosa, not Tulsa. Not sure if that is part of the problem here.

I haven't been able to figure out why those links are generating correctly. I was hoping the resolution would be obvious as the field is just like the Findus page, which is working correctly. Alas, it hasn't been. I'm still poking at it and will figure it out eventually.

@theflyer I saw on the other thread where you did some Tableau bug-fixes to fix...stuff.

I'm just noticing a minor problem where on the "not visited" map, all of the Superchargers have the pins for "not visited", even those that should be "under construction", "planning", etc. (Like all of the pins in the screenshot below...)

upload_2020-10-24_10-30-29.png

Thanks for all of your work on this!

Bruce.

@theflyer I saw on the other thread where you did some Tableau bug-fixes to fix...stuff.

I'm just noticing a minor problem where on the "not visited" map, all of the Superchargers have the pins for "not visited", even those that should be "under construction", "planning", etc. (Like all of the pins in the screenshot below...)

View attachment 602072

Thanks for all of your work on this!

Bruce.
Will look.

Sorry to hear about your software woes. I'm a pretty high end software guy who's been stuck in a codeless managerial role for three years while my teams have all the fun. Longest time I've gone without coding for 30+ years. Miss it badly.

Anyway, I'm open to a string of weekends worth of work to do the full deal ... custom iOS/Android apps (React Native) and web app (React) with real-time integration with whatever you all want (gmaps, supercharger.info, this forum, etc). I have some underused AWS instances lying around which could scale to 100s/1000s of users, with basically the same power as ... Netflix? ;)

Best of all, you could all design the app you want... custom everything. Keep it lean and build out fun goals, filters, social stuff, etc.

And just for fun, no money, no advertising, no patreon or anything. Legally I can't do that anyway. Open source is only option.

Anyway, just a thought. Don't want to steal anyone's thunder. It's just really very easy for me to do this stuff. I make name-brand highly scalesble/configurable apps all the time and it's not much fun. But having a reason to obsess more about my Tesla. That's a win.

Again, don't want to diminish anyone's efforts or wade in and make noise.

@Teefal, We'd love to have your help. As mentioned in the other thread, the fist task has to be to transition to a database backend that allows competitors to enter/maintain only their list of visits (unless they have elevated permissions). We'd like to use supercharge.info if possible. It is open source. It does have a Patreon but only to pay bills. I have no idea how much it pulls in via the Patreon each month. Would that prohibit you from contributing?

if you are serious, I've begun laying out the structure of our spreadsheet in what I perceive to be an appropriate table design. I do not have experience creating database tables so I could be way off. I would love to learn about doing this type of thing. PM me with an email address and I'll add you to the editor's list for the document.

@tes-s, @JSergeant, @Darren S - please take a look at the document and make changes as needed.

Supercharger.info has a lot of great info, but there appears to be no search or column filters on the main table, nor any way to use proximity other than the map. How would I list the SCs in 50 mile radius (other than the map)?

As for the data, is there an API other than that recent updates Atom feed? I suppose I could screenscrape the full list once and use the feed after that. Better to have an API.

Supercharger.info has a lot of great info, but there appears to be no search or column filters on the main table, nor any way to use proximity other than the map. How would I list the SCs in 50 mile radius (other than the map)?

As for the data, is there an API other than that recent updates Atom feed? I suppose I could screenscrape the full list once and use the feed after that. Better to have an API.
Don't think anyone has asked for a search by radius feature.

I'm going to have to defer to others regarding APIs and such. I've never dabbled in the backend of supercharge.info. I do believe @tes-s has a way to do a pull from supercharge.info as I think that part of his process is to do an import regularly to ensure our spreadsheet remains consistent with supercharge.info.

To the gurus who maintain and actually understand the Google sheets:

I read the various comments and changes. I really do not understand a lot of what is going on. (That's OK; I'm too old to worry about it!)

I have looked at the pages recently. It seems to me that nearly all of the previous charts are extinct.

I could only see two charts--the one with the horizontal graphs depicting the leaderboard with each participant's total with a color-coded bar.

A master United States map that has a little down arrow we can use to select the participant's map that we wish to see. There seems to be a choice within each participant's map to view visited or unvisited sites. Sites under constructions seem to present as well.

Do I have this right?

Thank you!

To the gurus who maintain and actually understand the Google sheets:

I read the various comments and changes. I really do not understand a lot of what is going on. (That's OK; I'm too old to worry about it!)

I have looked at the pages recently. It seems to me that nearly all of the previous charts are extinct.

I could only see two charts--the one with the horizontal graphs depicting the leaderboard with each participant's total with a color-coded bar.

A master United States map that has a little down arrow we can use to select the participant's map that we wish to see. There seems to be a choice within each participant's map to view visited or unvisited sites. Sites under constructions seem to present as well.

Do I have this right?

Thank you!
CPA, that is correct and I'm still working on final versions of the ones that will remain. However, the structure of the dashboards is as follows:
  1. Leaderboards: These show bar charts of who has the most visits (total, by day, by region)
  2. Competitor visits: This is a single dashboard. You select the user you want to see and it will show you the locations that the competitor has yet to visit. On that dashboard is a toggle to switch and see the locations the competitor has visited colored by year. You can access a given competitor's map by clicking on their name or bar in one of the leaderboard tabs or from the leaderboard table in the spreadsheet (also embedded in the 1st post of Superchargers Visited thread). Once you do that, you can bookmark that URL to return to it at any time. There is an additional hack to add the URL if you want to see construction or permit locations by default when you visit the map (see this post). With this approach, I only have to manage one global map and every competitor will automatically have a map as soon as they start entering data in the spreadsheet.
  3. Supercharger dashboard: This dashboard will allow you to see a global view of supercharger statuses and get see additional details.
  4. Statistics and other views: dashboards for time-to-open, time-in-construction, superchargers installs over time, competitor stats, etc can all easily be made once we get the core working in a sustainable way.

Haven't updated the spreadsheet since early 2020 ...on the last trip for awhile (thanks, Covid).

But at least got one more in 2020, thanks to Montrose going online 20 minutes from home! :cool:

Finally hit the road again this April on a "See my 97-yo mom in California or bust" trip. So:

194-12/19/20 Montrose
195-4/30/21 Draper UT
196-5/1 Wells NV
197-5/1 Reno N NV
198-5/2 Loomis CA
199-5/2 Davis CA
200-5/2 Walnut Creek CA
201-5/5 Gilroy Camino Arroyo CA
202-5/5 Simi Valley CA
203-5/8 Hesperia CA
204-5/9 St George UT Convention Center
205-5/9 Cedar City UT

...have been added to the spreadsheet.

Heading to Michigan to spend time with my newly 75 year old dad. Our route getting started is quite oddly shaped for anyone not familiar with our game. 😀

2021-06-23
  • Yakima, WA 11AM
  • The Dalles, OR 1:33PM
  • Vancouver - NE Vancouver Mall Dr, WA 3:32 PM
  • Hillsboro, OR 4:26 PM
  • Sandy, OR 5:55 PM
  • Salem, OR 7:15 PM
  • Detroit Lake, OR 8 PM
  • Bend, OR 10:20 PM
2021-06-24
  • Hines, North US-20, OR 12:42 AM
  • Ontario, OR 7:42 AM
  • Burley, ID 12:24 PM
  • Idaho Falls, ID 3PM
  • West Yellowstone, MT 6PM
  • Big Sky, MT 7:36 PM
  • Billings, MT (dupe)

Reactions: Big Earl
Heading to Michigan to spend time with my newly 75 year old dad. Our route getting started is quite oddly shaped for anyone not familiar with our game. 😀

2021-06-23
  • Yakima, WA 11AM
  • The Dalles, OR 1:33PM
  • Vancouver - NE Vancouver Mall Dr, WA 3:32 PM
  • Hillsboro, OR 4:26 PM
  • Sandy, OR 5:55 PM
  • Salem, OR 7:15 PM
  • Detroit Lake, OR 8 PM
  • Bend, OR 10:20 PM
2021-06-24
  • Hines, North US-20, OR 12:42 AM
  • Ontario, OR 7:42 AM
  • Burley, ID 12:24 PM
  • Idaho Falls, ID 3PM
  • West Yellowstone, MT 6PM
  • Big Sky, MT 7:36 PM
  • Billings, MT (dupe)
It's no big deal if you're adding your own entries to the spreadsheet, but for future reference, the following thread is the active one:

• Informative
Reactions: Darren S
My Tableau map is looking a bit wonky this morning. Missing dots that I have not been to yet and once again showing places that I have already cleared.

Is this something on my end that I can fix? I've got my route for the day all planned out so there's no big rush...but I had been using it to help me find the pins I needed to hit as there are so many out here (yeah, I know...first world problems).

• Helpful
Reactions: Darren S