Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers visited 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
try clicking the zip code at the top. It only pulls locaiton from the home screen so if you dont go back to that it wont reload the location. Ill work on a fix for that asap
The zip code is correct for my current location, though I tapped it again and it spun, I presume re-fetching location (nifty hidden shortcut, BTW). Same results though, only AZ superchargers on the map still.

Okay, I am thoroughly ignorant and and naive about these things. I kinda sorta understand that there could be potential issues with sharing our personal locations. I kinda sorta understand that this could wind up on shaky ground if bad actors can infiltrate this device? Yes/No?

So, are there methods to keep certain information regarding location and travel direction off the visible part of the app? But there would be some sort of master device that would track all movements but remain guarded and secret?

Then, for example, if a contestant is within a certain radius of another contestant, this master device would shoot a text message to those two asking permission to contact--not share. Then the contestants can call or text each other in real time. So, if I am heading east across I80 50 miles west of Salt Lake, and another person is traveling south on I15 40 miles north of Salt Lake, the program would send notifications to each of us. If we both agree to contact, then we can call or text to arrange a meet-up. If not, we will pass by each other in silence. Neither one of us would know the actual location of the other. We'd only know that we were both within the vicinity of each other but not which highways and which directions.

Or, maybe I just do not understand the concerns and the difficulties involved. This is a lively possibility....

So.. I've noticed there are zero Aussies in this challenge.

How hard would it be to add another region? Assuming there are enough people willing to play!

(P.S. My count so far is 1.)
Not too hard! If you can get a few people interested, just let us know and we"ll add you in.

We do have one player from Hawaii - not too dissimilar to your situation. :)

I noticed that a supercharger location in Spain is missing from the spreadsheet (and the tableau map). I found it while looking for a possible roundtrip from my position in Spain.

Using abetterrouteplanner.com I found: Barbastro Supercharger | Tesla

1657089363077.png

1657089320384.png

From the Tableau map (using one of the US competitors map so all sites are showing):
1657089433262.png

Attachments

• 1657089278836.png
    1657089278836.png
    541.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Informative
Reactions: Darren S
I noticed that a supercharger location in Spain is missing from the spreadsheet (and the tableau map). I found it while looking for a possible roundtrip from my position in Spain.

Using abetterrouteplanner.com I found: Barbastro Supercharger | Tesla

View attachment 825247
View attachment 825246

From the Tableau map (using one of the US competitors map so all sites are showing):
View attachment 825248
Fixed in spreadsheet. Will show up in Tableau with next update.

Reactions: Bredo
On spreadsheet can you add a Created date section on the VISITS tab. So when I'm importing I can just grab the last date it was added instead of finding all the ones that were put in in the past.
Other than that the app has been running and updating it's self daily for new chargers or updated chargers. Unfortunately there hasn't been anyone using it. So I'm not sure if I should continue?

On spreadsheet can you add a Created date section on the VISITS tab. So when I'm importing I can just grab the last date it was added instead of finding all the ones that were put in in the past.
Other than that the app has been running and updating it's self daily for new chargers or updated chargers. Unfortunately there hasn't been anyone using it. So I'm not sure if I should continue?
I only update Visits periodically - it is a manual process taking the non-blank entries from the VisitCalc tab. VisitCalc is updated when dates are entered in the Supercharger tab. I also periodically backup the Visits tab to SavedVisits, and changes to the Visits tab since then are listed in the "Date" and "Old Date" columns.

No point in investing too much time parsing through the spreadsheet - the whole point is to get rid of it.

Unfortunately there hasn't been anyone using it. So I'm not sure if I should continue?
The interface was a little slow the last time I tried it. Have you been able to make any progress on that?

Also have you gotten in touch with @aNullValue about consolidating the backend, so that we don't have multiple sources of truth, instead multiple interfaces to the same data?

• Helpful
Reactions: israndy
The core group has been putting most of our energy into the complex backend/data integrity work happening with supercharging.life and we are committed to migrating the spreadsheet to that database soon. That will become the official database for the competition. We've built a new Tableau public site to connect to that database and have been working with supercharge.info admins to improve data integrity. There is a lot more complexity to managing the data between supercharge.info, the spreadsheet, and a new database than is obvious. We were most comfortable working with Drew to address that complexity as we've known him for some time.

I and I think others, like where you were going with your interface and would welcome ongoing partnership if you're willing to consider joining the effort. The current "team" doesn't have much experience with front-end stuff. The supercharging.life github is here: https://github.com/aNullValue/supercharginglife. @aNullValue would have to add you.

Personally, I am very appreciative of all you've done and hope you'll remain part of this eclectic little community.

I just went to update the spreadsheet for some new visits this weekend and noticed its now read-only… I had updated just a couple weeks ago. Did something change?

Edit: Nevermind… I just found the new supercharging.life site (and really cool that if I logged in via google that it had my data).
Yes, @ZBB, there is a new (and much easier/quicker) way to add your visits as of 5 PM this past Saturday. Edit, I just saw your edit so I'll edit mine. Thanks for finding it and yes if you were able to edit your visits in the spreadsheet then that same email should be linked to this new Supercharging Life setup. Hint: to do past check-ins, click on "Check-in Now" and then "Or, search all Superchargers" and type in the name and submit it. You can alter the date/time to when you visited if you want but just the date is the important thing. As a bonus, when you use this new method, then your Map is instantly updated for Visited / Unvisited locations rather than having to wait 1-3 days for it to get updated manually.

Supercharging.Life database

Last edited:
Just a quick question from fumble fingers:

I notice that "my map" only reflects the 50 United States and DC.

Someday I may wish to venture north of the 49th parallel. How do I show those Superchargers on my map, please? I do see that when "all Superchargers" is selected I get the whole world. But not on my specific map.

Thank you. :)

Just a quick question from fumble fingers:

I notice that "my map" only reflects the 50 United States and DC.

Someday I may wish to venture north of the 49th parallel. How do I show those Superchargers on my map, please? I do see that when "all Superchargers" is selected I get the whole world. But not on my specific map.

Thank you. :)
@cpa, I believe the setting is "only show superchargers from countries where you have visited at least 1 supercharger." Mine, for example, shows Canada, US, and Mexico since I've hit at least 1 in each of those countries.

@cpa, I believe the setting is "only show superchargers from countries where you have visited at least 1 supercharger." Mine, for example, shows Canada, US, and Mexico since I've hit at least 1 in each of those countries.
@cpa, in fact, you can test this by temporarily adding a visit to, say, Kamloops and then your "My map" should now show all the Canadian locations. Just remember to go back and delete your temp/test entry.

Darren,

There is a little i in a circle followed by the following: Showing only unvisited (Open) superchargers. Show all or Show Visited or Show Unvisited (Open+Construction.)

Those seem to be my only choices. But thanks!

I'll try to remember when I venture into the great white north, but at my age, that is going to be a toss-up.
:)

• Funny
Reactions: NKYTA
Darren,

There is a little i in a circle followed by the following: Showing only unvisited (Open) superchargers. Show all or Show Visited or Show Unvisited (Open+Construction.)

Those seem to be my only choices. But thanks!

I'll try to remember when I venture into the great white north, but at my age, that is going to be a toss-up.
:)
That's right that those are your options... hence why you need to manually add a Canadian entry as a quick test so the rest of them will show up.