TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Superchargers Visited

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by Wiki, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

California

Alameda
    San Jose-Cherry Ave
    Manhattan Beach
    Westminster

• Like x 2
  2. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

updated to 631
    Nice ways to start the year.

3. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

1/2/19

Maryland: Baltimore—McHenry Row

Virginia: Haymarket

4. Darren S

Darren S Supporting Member

Updated to 644, @Bighorn. Did the Baltimore location still have broken glass between the last 2 stalls?

• Like x 1
  5. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

Not that I saw

6. PhillyGal

PhillyGal Member

Thanks a ton! I don't set out that often so if it's not too much trouble, I'll allow the pros to update for me. I'll come here to announce new locations.

• Like x 1
  7. JSergeant

JSergeant Member

We're on a short overnight trip to Kennebunk, ME - added Waterbury, CT, Mansfield, MA, Framingham, MA and Kennebunk, ME SB, bringing my total to 583. Have updated spreadsheet and will update Wiki right after posting this.

• Like x 2
  8. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

Missed you by a few hours. We charged here around 8pm.

Here are the updates from our holiday travels, bringing us to 60 Superchargers visited. :cool:

12/28/18: Walker, MI
    12/30/18: Sheffield, OH; Erie, PA; Buffalo, NY
    12/31/18: Waterloo, NY; Utica, NY; Guilderland, NY; Brattleboro, VT; Hooksett (south), NH
    1/2/19: West Hartford, CT; Tarrytown, NY; Baltimore, MD

I’ll update the spreadsheet and the wiki tomorrow unless someone beats me to it. It’s impossible to edit on a phone, as it overwhelms and crashes the Google Sheets app.

• Like x 3
  9. Darren S

I'll grab that update for ya, @Big Earl, and I've found that just having patience with page will allow the Google Sheet to function (but yes, it does take several minutes of waiting sometimes in order to work but I've been able to use my phone to edit although it definitely is easier from a computer).

P.S. Congrats on being the first in the game to charge at Walker, MI at just 4 days after it opened !

• Like x 2
  10. JSergeant

JSergeant Member

I find that the Google sheet crashes after a few minutes on the iPhone - I was going to update my visits yesterday from the phone, but the App crashed before I had managed to scroll over to my columns - tried it several times.

11. Darren S

I should have clarified ... it works from an Android device (phone or tablet) while an iOS device (phone or iPad) appears to not be able to function without crashing.

12. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Arizona

Payson

I guess I should mention this one right away since I might be the first one here to use it!

This one has special significance for me as I spent the summer of 2011 in this town. Basically nothing has changed here, except there is now a supercharger, a Starbucks and an independent coffee shop. Would have killed for a decent coffee shop in 2011! Back then, I had to endure a Christian coffee shop where it seemed like they were delivering a sermon every time I went in there. They had a Starbucks in the Safeway (still do I guess) but I refuse to go to the grocery store to get my coffee :)

13. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

Thanks Darren!

Walker is an interesting one, with only 4 stalls at a Meijer gas station. It'll be interesting to see how this arrangement works out.

• Informative x 1
  14. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

I was very surprised that it was 4 stalls. There hasn't been a <8 stall installation in the US in at least a year, maybe 2. I'm guessing this is a bit of an experiment and maybe they will put 4-stall superchargers at every Meijer if they like how it works out. Believe it or not, there are still some Meijers out there that don't have superchargers :)

15. Darren S

Updated to 632 and neat history of knowing a place before and after a supercharger was installed.

16. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

CT club is having a meetup at the Waterbury supercharger Sunday 11am. Only 5 people in the game have been there so far.

Our friends from Chicago can find out what real pizza tastes like. :)

• Funny x 1
  17. Barry

Barry Active Member

You must have experienced some heat there in the summer. :rolleyes:

18. JSergeant

JSergeant Member

Got the missing CT SpC's on the way home:
    Darien, CT SB
    Greenwich, CT SB

Total is now 585.

The Darien Supercharger is the slowest I have ever charged at - wavered between 1 and 6 kW - luckily I didn't need a charge.

• Like x 1
  19. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

We call that a "subcharger."

• Funny x 2
  20. JSergeant

JSergeant Member

As my wife said - that's slower than the 110 volt outlet at home!

IMG_1936.jpg

It was actually slightly faster.

• Funny x 3
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.