Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you remember which stall? I'll check it out and call Tesla. It's 10 miles from my house and I drive by it all the time.
It was the one closest to the restroom building. I didn't notice the number. Here's a photo:

IMG_1934.jpg

There was a Model X charging on the paired charger. I would have called it in, but I didn't really need it and was anxious to get on the road again.

• Informative
Reactions: Darren S
I attended the unofficial ribbon cutting and social event at the Haymarket VA SC today. And charged there too. Please update my total -- now at 182 !

Me, too! It was a great time.

5E55AC4A-F0F8-4550-9D7C-00B3E2FCC9F6.jpeg

Probable best to head back to Washington and await the opening of the NEW Seattle supercharger:)
I'll grant you a reprieve.

After doing some research, the juice doesn't seem to be worth the squeeze in terms of bagging the Mexico superchargers. Admittedly a lot of my research was reading your posts about your experience making the same trip, so if you were purposefully spreading FUD, you did a good job!

While I would be able to dodge the weekend restrictions in CDMX and I'm confident enough in my minimal Spanish ability that I'm sure I wouldn't have much trouble reading road signs, the idea of driving a limited range $100k vehicle with no spare tire through such a region was a little off-putting. Many of the superchargers are now only open 11am-10pm and as far as I can tell there aren't many other charging options. I had planned to attempt to mostly drive during the day anyways, but that type of restriction could easily cause a traffic jam to cascade into a large problem where you arrive too late to the supercharger and then can't make it to your hotel destination, etc. I didn't even get to the point of researching whether or not my insurance works there or if AAA could bail me out with a tow if something went wrong.

Then on top of all that you have the typical difficulties associated with crossing a border, getting a new currency, figuring out the toll road system, etc. And I didn't even mention the possibility of falling victim to a bribe or other crime. So while I wouldn't hesitate to make this drive in a cheap ICE, I decided that attempting it in an expensive, relatively new Model S wasn't for me. I will probably be willing to try Baja/Puerto Penasco if they ever put superchargers in that area. And maybe once my car gets a little older and once they fill in the supercharger network a lot more, I would be willing to try central Mexico.

This leads to the next point. Another big issue is that many of the legs were over 200 miles which leaves little margin for error. I decided early on that I would not attempt Compostela for fear that the return leg would be extremely difficult given the elevation change.

• Informative
Reactions: NKYTA
Lots of little logistical issues you have to get right. You need a special daily insurance for Mexico, and proof thereof, that ran over $40 a day. Baja is exempt I think to some of these provisos. You need a special vehicle permit on the front window which easily could have gotten Darren’s car confiscated for lacking it. There is also a time limited permit for each individual that costs depending on the duration. There’s a hefty deposit on the car that only gets refunded if you have the window permit properly removed on departure. Night driving is a no-no unless you need a place to sleep and you stay on the toll road. Dodging unlit trucks was enough to make me not repeat that approach. Never go off the toll road. Ignore any reroutes though plan to sit in hours long traffic stoppages. Truckers were very nice though. I don’t think I embellished my experience to dissuade anyone and had I not been shaken down, I might have been a wee more positive:)

• Helpful
Reactions: David99