TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Superchargers Visited

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by Wiki, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

Thanks! I’ve always had a thing for custom plates.

2. evp

evp Nerd

My last two trips I was chased out of Denver by weather, made it to my destination unscathed, put in a few thousand miles, then hit a blizzard coming back right at my figurative doorstep -- once three hours out, once 45 minutes out. I will say the Model 3 works MUCH better in a blizzard on snow tires than the 21" performance tires.

Latest trip added 17 SCs in Texas. Missed the Ft. Worth SC due to it being out of service.

Is there automation that updates the map from the spreadsheet, or is that a manual process?

• Like x 2
  3. theflyer

theflyer Member

The Tableau visualization updates automatically once a day. Give it 24 hours and you should see your updates.

4. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

I love the Tableau visualization, by the way. Very nice.

• Like x 2
  5. JSergeant

JSergeant Member

I just got back from a ten day trip to Florida with my wife during which I added 20 new Superchargers, bringing my total to 605 and moving me into 3rd place. I had to keep quiet about the trip so that Darren wouldn't rush out and prevent me from grabbing #3 position at least for a few days (or hours?). I hit #600 at Atlanta - Peachtree, and moved into 3rd place with 604 at Dover, DE. I was the first of this group to visit Dover, DE and Paulsboro, NJ.

Here are the new ones I added:

Thu, Jan 17 - Haymarket, VA
    Fri, Jan 18 - Wallace, NC
    Sat, Jan 19 - Jacksonville, FL, Jacksonville - County Rd, FL, Altamonte Springs, FL, Riviera Beach - Garden Rd, FL
    Mon, Jan 21 - Delray Beach, FL, Pembroke Pines, FL, Aventura, FL, Miami, FL 41st St
    Tue, Jan 22 - Fort Myers - Dani Dr, FL, Tampa, West Swan Ave, FL
    Wed, Jan 23 - Macon Tom Hill Sr Rd, GA, Atlanta, GA Lenox Pkwy, Atlanta, GA Peachtree, Buford, GA, Athens, GA
    Fri, Jan 25 - Augusta - Belair Frontage Rd, GA
    Sat, Jan 26 - Dover, DE, Paulsboro, NJ

I screwed up in Miami. I inadvertently had 7th St listed as Not Visited. When I got there, I thought it looked the same as one I had already visited, but those multi-story parking lot locations all look the same, so I didn't think too much about it. When I entered the data this evening, I realize that I should have visited 8th St - I had been to 7th St in April last year. I also tried to visit Roswell/Alpharetta, GA, which is supposed to only be available after 6pm. I was hoping to ask for a favor and see if they would let me charge for a few minutes, but there was nobody at the front desk and everyone seemed to be in a meeting, so after waiting for ten minutes or so, I decided to skip it.

So have at it Darren! How long will it take you to knock me back down to #3.

I updated the Google Sheet and the Wiki.

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  6. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

Oh snap! :) Welcome!

7. Darren S

Darren S Supporting Member

Welcome to the 600s and awesome that you took back 3rd place from me. Nice job staying quiet about your trip but I probably would have let you surpass me regardless.

I will have to check my map and see what trips are next but a near identical trip thru GA and FL will be needed eventually.

Good job being the first to hit another location.

8. JSergeant

JSergeant Member

The mileage for the trip was 3,289. Here's the TeslaFi trip map:

Florida Trip.JPG

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  9. JSergeant

JSergeant Member

That should have said back down to #4.

• Like x 1
  10. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

That is pretty much the trip I did last year. I got a lot more superchargers though since my map is quite sparse compared to yours.

I don't use TeslaFi but Tableau gives a decent view of it.

upload_2019-1-27_9-16-14.png

• Like x 3
  11. theflyer

theflyer Member

I use a couple of methods to track my trips. The method I like most for visual documentation is to use the "route" feature in supercharge.info to show the superchargers I visited. This method has the benefit of documenting the state of the supercharger network at the time of my trip. You can then see the network fill in on subsequent trips in the same region. I also like the history/timelapse feature but it appears that may no longer be available. @tes-s, do you know what happened to the timeline feature?

To Falcon Heavy.png

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  12. NKYTA

NKYTA Member

TMC was down yesterday for me.

I bump the HOW TO bump thread on Tesla.com forums with:

San Jose Coleman Ave, CA
    and
    Milpitas, CA

I went ahead and entered my data in the spreadsheet all by my lonesome this time. :p

I also went in and fixed quite a few that were 2017, but were marked 2018. My granularity based on guesses is probably accurate to a month, or so.

• Like x 1
  13. NKYTA

NKYTA Member

Oh, I also added in Salinas CA which I first visited in June of last year.

• Like x 1
  14. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

Not sure what happened to the timeline feature on supercharge.info. Perhaps something to do with google maps.

15. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

I tried editing the google docs SV3 sheet but it was protected, and either I don't have access or don't know Google Docs enough. So, please update my column with having visited the Surrey BC charger in Jan 2019. Thank you! This little game is sure looking professional!

You leaders, watch out. Perhaps by about 2030 I'll catch up.

16. theflyer

theflyer Member

@Ugliest1, if you want to edit the spreadsheet, start a private conversation with @tes-s and provide him with your email address.

17. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

Thx, I thought I already did that. I'm also comfortable with not further educating myself about the vagaries of Google Docs. Only for everyone else's protection given the risk I'll screw something up (a man's got to know his limitations - Dirty Harry).

18. Darren S

Darren S Supporting Member

I've updated your list in both locations, @Ugliest1. I added the date of Jan 31, 2019 since I wasn't sure what day it was but let me know if that needs to be changed. We'll be glad to see you in the top section in 2030.

Also, if you are able to remember at least what year you visited your locations then feel free to PM me or post it to the group and one of us will update your list. If you can narrow it down to a Quarter in the year then that would be outstanding but just a year would be helpful also.

19. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

PM sent. You did, and you do have edit permission to your entry column.

20. Hammer@OR.US

Just got back from a quick weekend trip to SoCal. 40 New Superchargers, total now 154. I have updated the spreadsheet but the Wiki list is looking a little messed up and I don't want to risk messing it up further. First road trip with the new 3 and while it's a nice car and the extra range is nice, I still way prefer the S for this type of trip. Even with just me the cabin felt a little cramped and it seems to be even more sensitive to road noise than my P85+.
    Off Interstate highlights:
    CA-178 from Inyokern to Bakersfield past Lake Isabella.
    CA-49/Priest Coulterville rd from Fish Camp to Groveland.
    San Ramon, CA
    Livermore, CA
    Milpitas, CA
    East Palo Alto, CA
    San Carlos, CA
    San Mateo-Bridgepointe Pkwy, CA
    Daly City, CA
    Alameda, CA
    San Jose, CA
    San Jose - Cherry Avenue, CA
    Los Gatos, CA
    Seaside, CA
    Monterey, CA
    Salinas, CA
    Atascadero, CA
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Buellton, CA
    Oxnard, CA
    Thousand Oaks - West Hillcrest Drive, CA
    Thousand Oaks - East Thousand Oaks Blvd, CA
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Hawthorne, CA
    Downey - Stonewood St, CA
    Downey - Lakewood Blvd, CA
    Santa Ana, CA
    Westminster CA
    Fountain Valley, CA
    San Juan Capistrano, CA
    San Clemente, CA
    Carlsbad, CA
    San Diego, CA
    San Diego- Friars St.
    San Diego - A Street, CA
    Carmel Mountain, CA (SD_Camino Del Sur)
    Temecula, CA
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Inyokern, CA
    Fish Camp, CA
    Groveland, CA
    Sacramento - Arden Way, CA

• Like x 6
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.