TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Superchargers Visited

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by Wiki, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. IT Geek

IT Geek Member

Well, what a 24 hours on the road I've had... I'm exhausted right now. Got a room in St. George, UT for the night and just checked in at 1AM. Got to the charger here before midnight though...so I'm counting that one on the 14th :) I'm slowing down again for the next couple days after 24 hours of insanity. I took a look at the Tableau map (dang that thing) and put together an overly aggressive plan...and made it work. But I think I have to blame Needles, CA... It was right there on the way....and I had to get that one...and then one thing led to another.

Here's the list:
    May 13
    Kingman, AZ
    Needles, CA
    Twenty Nine Palms, CA
    Temecula, CA
    San Diego, CA - Camino - The traffic got bad here...but once I was out of San Diego things improved tremendously.
    San Diego, CA - A Street
    San Diego, CA - Friars Road
    San Diego, CA
    Carlsbad, CA
    San Clemente, CA
    San Juan Capistrano, CA
    Lake Elsmore, CA
    Corona, CA
    San Bernardino, CA - I thought I went to this one before...but nope...it was a new one.
    Fontana, CA
    Santa Ana, CA
    Fountain Valley, CA
    Westminster, CA

I couldn't get the other 25 palms in the frame for this picture.
    upload_2019-5-15_2-21-35.png
    Qualcomm geeks have their own charger. The cones are for the ones that are out of order. Blah, had to wait a bit to plug in.
    upload_2019-5-15_2-24-39.png
    San Clemente, very pretty, but these spots are basically miles from the nearest anything.
    upload_2019-5-15_2-27-14.png

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. IT Geek

IT Geek Member

Continuing.... now on to May 14th...

Buena Park, CA
    Downey Lakewood
    Downey - the other one
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Culver City, CA
    Santa Monica, CA
    Los Angeles - Yeah, paid the darn valet to park my car at 3AM for all of 20 minutes...which I spent sorta sleeping in their lobby.
    Burbank
    Thousand Oaks, CA East
    Thousand Oaks, CA West
    Oxnard, CA
    Buellton, CA
    San Louis Obispo, CA
    Atascadero, CA
    Tejon Ranch, CA
    Mojave, CA
    Barstow, CA
    Yermo, CA
    Baker, CA
    Primm, NV
    Henderson, NV
    Las Vegas Blvd South
    Las Vegas, NV
    St. George, UT

Had I known this was a valet site I would probably skipped it...but at least I got this souvenir...well, until I gave it back to them for my car...well I mean, at least I got this picture.
    upload_2019-5-15_2-35-38.png .
    The other Downey at 1AM.
    upload_2019-5-15_2-40-11.png

Manhattan Beach at 2AM... No lines, no waiting...
    upload_2019-5-15_2-41-23.png

Burbank at 4 in the morning... I'm not alone at this one.
    upload_2019-5-15_2-42-53.png

This was a good place for a little nap... One of the Thousand Oaks.
    upload_2019-5-15_2-44-13.png

I got all fancy for this picture... Probably from the lack of sleep. Buellton, just before 9AM.
    upload_2019-5-15_2-45-55.png

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  3. IT Geek

IT Geek Member

Here are a few of my thoughts on the little jaunt down to California.

1. No matter what time of day it is, and no matter what the weather conditions, someone on the freeway in California will be going faster than you.
    2. The chances that person will also pass you on the right are better than average.
    3. In most parts of the country if you're on the way to a Supercharger and you see another Tesla, you could probably follow them right to the charger. If that same thing happens in California, you should probably PASS them (to not be behind them in line). :)

• Funny x 8
  4. Darren S

Darren S Supporting Member

Updated with +18 ... nicely done and yes sometimes it seems opening a can of worms is inevitable sometimes. I know what you mean.

Updated with +25 and a nice haul for a single day but it's also Cali so it's possible to do that. +43 in 2 days for you moving you away from @tes-s up from 11th up to 8th with 374 total. @evp and @Sasmania just watched you zip past and now @theflyer and @NKYTA better watch out for you. ;)

Hmmm, will you be able to break the 400 barrier on your return route? Good luck and see you at Custer !

@IT Geek, which Burbank location did you visit yesterday?

• Like x 1
  5. IT Geek

IT Geek Member

Thanks. But they are all still in the Top 10... Had anyone passed me, I would no longer be able to say that...and right before the Custer rally. :)
    Anything that happens after the rally is fine...(I'm mostly playing against the course) but I wasn't going to lose my Top 10 spot right before our rally without a bit of a fight...

The one in the picture above is North Third Street. Sorry I wasn't more specific...

We'll see...but I have someplace to be on Friday...so there are no plans to drive over to Idaho. :) My route to Custer is pretty planned out, and easily discernible from my Tableau map. Today's goal is just to get to Moab...which should be easy...and allow me to be a tourist again for a couple days.

6. Darren S

Ok, thanks, because you were at the other Burbank last May so I wanted to make sure it was a different one.

• Like x 1
  7. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado high altitude member

I wouldn't mind coming back -- my sister was supposed to come with me but couldn't make it due to knee surgery. She's disappointed to miss out.

Also, I had to skip Aberdeen WA to make the ferry -- I'm glad I did because I was the second-to-last car they could fit onboard. So, I need to visit the area again someday!

I lucked out with the weather today, as you can see from these pictures:
    20190515_110913.jpg
    20190515_111821.jpg
    20190515_114957.jpg
    Back to rain tonight.

• Like x 5
  8. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado high altitude member

Thanks!

9. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Ha! It was raining when I left Seattle a couple hours ago. Pretty rare to be raining in Seattle and sunny there.

And yes, I am running behind as usual, but I will make it to Custer by Friday :) I meant to leave a day earlier and take a more adventurous route, but procrastination got the better of me as it often does, so now I'm blasting through on I-90 as I have done many times before.

• Like x 1
  10. Darren S

#3770 Darren S, May 15, 2019 at 6:27 PM
    Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 7:13 PM
    Don't tell me I'm the 1st one in the game to charge at Zionsville, IN !? I looked at the Spreadsheet yesterday and didn't see any entries and didn't see mention of it in this thread except @neverdone from earlier this month when it wasn't yet open.

It looks like it opened on May 9 or 10 but doesn't exist on PlugShare although is on the Nav screen, Tableau, Google sheet, and supercharge.info.

@Big Earl, don't tell me you missed this one on your way through earlier today although maybe you were just planning to catch it on your return run.

This is my last new one today so the tally for me is below and I'll update the spreadsheet to +4 and 607 for me:
    - Parkersburg, WV
    - Columbus, OH
    - Indianapolis, IN (downtown)
    - Zionsville, IN​

IMG_20190515_205757-691x518.jpg

• Like x 2
  11. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

#3771 Big Earl, May 15, 2019 at 6:30 PM
    Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 6:40 PM
    I charged at Zionsville at noon today. I haven’t been able to update the sheet yet, but I’ll be doing that this evening.

Here are today’s Superchargers:

Dayton, OH
    Zionsville, IN
    Champaign, IL
    Normal, IL
    Rockford, IL
    Madison, WI
    Madison, WI - East Washington Avenue

I decided to skip Peru, IL and save it for another trip when I take I-80.

• Like x 1
  12. Darren S

SCHWOOOO. Cool, then both of us get to share the "first visit" status. That's why I was trying desperately to get here before Midnight. Also, BW3 closes at Midnight so that was the other incentive. Go BLUUUUUES! (at least tonight)

• Like x 1
  13. Darren S

I updated the spreadsheet for ya, @Big Earl. +7 to 89 now. You'll definitely reach the Century Club on this trip.

• Like x 1
  14. Darren S

Ok, then don't tell me I was also the 1st to visit the downtown Indianapolis charger? @Big Earl, did you visit that one today? It has been open since March 20th although it is a parking garage charging $5 for 45 minutes so @Bighorn might never visit here. lol

IMG_20190515_201712-691x518.jpg

• Like x 1
  15. JSergeant

JSergeant Member

On our way to Custer. Drove from Sandusky, OH to Madison, WI via Chicago and Oak Creek, WI today and added 8 new Superchargers:

Chicago - South Canal Street, IL
    Chicago - Lincoln Park, IL
    Chicago - North Broadway, IL
    Skokie, IL
    Rosemont, IL
    Glenview, IL
    Oak Creek, WI
    Madison - East Washington Ave, WI

What should have been about a ten hour trip took thirteen hours, due to traffic, roadworks, IN & IL tolls not recognizing my EZ-Pass etc. Fortunately we gained an hour due to the time change, although that was small comfort. Anna swears we will never travel through Indiana and Illinois (esp. Chicago) again unless we absolutely have to. I updated the spreadsheet. My total is now 618. No more new ones before Custer. See you all there on Friday.

• Like x 2
  16. neverdone

neverdone Supporting Member

I was amazed that I could be the first one in Gainesville, FL, April 22 2019 8:47am. I just happened to driving through Florida on a road trip at the right time. I am not the first one in Custer SD, please change the date to May 18 2018. Please add Savannah GA - airport 4/28/2019. thanks.

17. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

So nobody is going to get St Charles, MO before Custer? :)

• Like x 1
  18. Big Earl

Thanks! I just logged in and saw that you’d updated it. I’m going to try to make Custer #100.

19. JSergeant

JSergeant Member

I plan to get it on the way home.

20. Big Earl

I missed that one. We had a lot of ground to cover today, so I didn’t get anything in Indianapolis except Zionsville.

• Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.