TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Superchargers Visited

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by Wiki, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

I hadn't noticed about Custer. I was pretty sure I was first because the Chamber of Commerce photographer showed up when they heard the first car was there charging:) It's a small town! Is Savannah still suffering from several bad chargers?

2. Darren S

Darren S Supporting Member

#3782 Darren S, May 15, 2019 at 8:35 PM
    Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 8:45 PM
    @Bighorn, that was one of the 3 in construction that I was keeping an eye on for this trip. It shows that it opened just today. I will be there in 4 hours but that will be tomorrow on the calendar but maybe I will still get the 1st visit there.

FWIW, the Streets of St Charles supercharger doesn't yep show up on my navigation so I plotted a route to the slightly farther St Charles location and we'll see if I can make it to The Streets one. There are two others on the route that I can easily stop app for a few minutes but I'm curious if I can make it all the way to St Louis.

IMG_20190515_234136-691x518.jpg

• Like x 3
  3. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

But you can't say for sure that the first 10 minutes or so aren't free?

4. Darren S

Fortunately you have Peru to visit as well and I'm sure a few others will be open by the time you make it back to the area.

5. Darren S

I don't know because I didn't test that theory. By the time I looked on the map to see what food choices were around that location vs the one in Zionsville and took some photos and posted a check in on PlugShare and hit the bathroom then it had been 10 minutes.

Maybe someone else can test that for the group.

6. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

For sure. I'm not worried about going too far out of my way to collect every single location. There will be many more trips and future opportunities to grab the ones I've missed.

@theflyer is it possible to get the Tableau page to update every 12 hours instead of 24 hours for the next week?

• Like x 1
  7. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Yes, due to the tolling, Chicago gets the #2 spot on the worst places to drive in the US and Canada list. NYC is #1 and LA is #3 (probably would be #2 if not for the tolling thing) in my opinion.

8. IT Geek

IT Geek Member

Alright, not many today as I was mostly just getting across Utah. I'm back to being a tourist for two more days before I head for Custer on Friday...well, I suppose everything is heading me towards Custer at this point...

Today I added...
    Beaver, UT
    Richfield, UT
    Nephi, UT
    Price, UT
    Green River, UT
    Moab, UT

Going to be visiting Arches National Park tomorrow first thing in the morning and then driving for about 8 hours thru the Rockies. Weather looks like it will be good...so that's a bonus. I don't need snow falling on me in May when that's the only real way to the rally (or home for that matter).

upload_2019-5-16_1-19-31.png

I took advantage of the fact that the Beaver SC has a car was right next to it. After 5500 miles of driving my car was starting to look a bit grungy. The Tesla folks in California were giving me funny looks. Well, it was either because of the car or that I was showing up at Superchargers in the middle of the night...plugging in my car...taking a picture...and then driving away 5 minutes later. So, yeah, it could have been for THAT.... But I'm going to choose to believe it was because of the car.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  9. Darren S

Here ya go, @Bighorn. Ending my day at Streets of St Charles - St Charles, MO. It doesn't exist on the Nav or PlugShare yet but it's alive! +1 to 608 for me.

IMG_20190516_023725-691x518-345x259.jpg

IMG_20190516_023807-691x326-345x162.jpg

IMG_20190516_024102-691x518-345x259.jpg

• Like x 5
  10. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

updated

• Like x 2
  11. Darren S

12. Tdreamer

Tdreamer Supporting Member

It’s on my return rout from Custer...

• Like x 1
  13. Tdreamer

Tdreamer Supporting Member

On my way to Custer- 39 new locations and counting. Been updating spreadsheet nightly as it can’t be done on the phone/iPad. I would have had a bunch more but couldn’t get myself to do the downtown Chicago garages on the way through with all the traffic.

• Like x 4
  14. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

Nice haul! I’ve been watching you zigzag across the map.

15. Darren S

Others from today and I'll update the spreadsheet later with +4 for 612 and only 6 behind @JSergeant.
    05/16:
    - St Joseph, MO
    - Bethany, MO
    - Altoona, IA
    - Shelby, IA​

16. theflyer

theflyer Member

Ah, San Diego with multiple superchargers. What a luxury. When I was there, the only supercharger was at Qualcom. They literally had an attendant on duty to manage the lines. The wait was at least 1/2 hour for me to get into a spot. Lots of unhappy Tesla owners in San Diego at that time. Much better situation now.

• Like x 1
  17. theflyer

theflyer Member

I'll be getting it a week from tomorrow on my way to Minnesota.

18. theflyer

theflyer Member

I only go that way anymore if I have to get new superchargers. Unfortunately, there are two I haven't yet visited in Chicago, so it'll be part of my return trip in early June. Nightmare.

19. theflyer

theflyer Member

No, but will try to manually push when I can. From what I can tell, it is 24 hours from the last push.

20. theflyer

theflyer Member

Just pushed an update. Anything added to the spreadsheet since 5 p.m. Eastern should now show on Tableau.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.