Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't tracking dates early on, since I didn't know it mattered and I just accumulated stations before reporting them here. However, since there is a tracking of first visits I'll report that I was the second person to ever charge at Poncha Springs CO, on 2 Feb 2018 and likely the first of those of us here. That was long before the station officially opened.

I also charged at Carlsbad CA on 28 September 2018. While I was likely the first out-of-state car there, I presume that some San Diego locals here beat me to that one since I believe that it opened on 27 September 2018.

My first Supercharging session was at Grand Junction CO in March 2016, shortly after my car was delivered.

That's about it for "firsts" for me.

@dgpcolorado, your original Poncha Springs visit was listed as 02/05/2018 (perhaps the date you posted to the thread?) but I updated it to Groundhog Day for ya. Good job being 2nd ever and perhaps 1st of the gang.

Only 13 people from the game have ever visited there and @evp was also there on Groundhog Day so both of you get credit as a "first day visit." Well done.

Of the 15 people to visit Carlsbad, your previous date was listed as 09/23/2018 but is noted in red meaning it was more than 4 or 5 days before it opened. I'll update that to 09/27/2018 and it will be noted as a "first" so good job on another one and thanks for clarifying.

Although dates weren't required in the previous way the game was played it seemed that most folks would post on March 1st with "Visited Vegas and charged at Barstow and Needles" so we all knew their dates for those locations was March 1st. If someone does a "I visited these over a 3-week 1,000-mile trip" then we don't know when they were visited.

FWIW I think getting exact dates is a bit of overkill, with the exception of if it was a "first charge" of some sort. Also, for people like myself who don't do our own updating, it increases the workload of the people who are updating all the databases. In the past, I would only update once a week or so if I was on a big supercharger trip, but if we are supposed to get the exact date, I will be forced to update this thread (and require someone to update everything) nearly every day.

FWIW I think getting exact dates is a bit of overkill, with the exception of if it was a "first charge" of some sort. Also, for people like myself who don't do our own updating, it increases the workload of the people who are updating all the databases. In the past, I would only update once a week or so if I was on a big supercharger trip, but if we are supposed to get the exact date, I will be forced to update this thread (and require someone to update everything) nearly every day.

@PLUS EV ... I think we ARE updating the spreadsheet and counts every time you post so whether that is once a week or once a month or 3 times a day then it still gets done. There are a few folks who do the updating and sometimes it is done in batches so you post 3 times in a day but it isn't updated until tomorrow (so a one-time update not 3 updates).

You can still update it once a week but it would be helpful if you included the day you charged next to the location in your post. On the Spreadsheet it is broken down into Quarters of each year but maybe eventually it will be down to weeks of the month or something else. Maybe you take all your trips in the last 2 weeks of each month. Not sure.

And if you don't post a date for a visit of places for a 2-week road trip then all of those dates are the date of your post. Say you drove from Phoenix to Miami, any of those locations would have the same date which is more or less impossible to do. For example, your initial post to the thread was something like 115 but all of them have the same date because a date needed to be entered.

Update as often as you feel comfortable but just realize that you might miss a "first" for Celebration if you wait a week and don't say when you were there and then your visit date is listed as next Fri (when you post about your trip) instead of yesterday's date. Basically, if you don't use dates to track your visits then you are only hurting your own data and chances of having a "first" visit credited but it makes almost no difference for the folks updating the list (afaik).

Reactions: StefanSarzio
@dgpcolorado, your original Poncha Springs visit was listed as 02/05/2018 (perhaps the date you posted to the thread?) but I updated it to Groundhog Day for ya. Good job being 2nd ever and perhaps 1st of the gang.

Only 13 people from the game have ever visited there and @evp was also there on Groundhog Day so both of you get credit as a "first day visit." Well done.
I'm surprised that it has had so few visits. For those of us who live in, or visit, SW Colorado, Poncha Springs was a huge improvement to the longer, more tedious I-70 route, as well as providing an alternate when rock slides close Glenwood Canyon. The route through Poncha Springs is also more scenic and more fun to drive than I-70.
Of the 15 people to visit Carlsbad, your previous date was listed as 09/23/2018 but is noted in red meaning it was more than 4 or 5 days before it opened. I'll update that to 09/27/2018 and it will be noted as a "first" so good job on another one and thanks for clarifying...
My date for Carlsbad was 28 September, the second day it was open.

Sat 5/25 updates:

Mojave, CA
Barstow, CA
Yermo, CA
Baker, CA
Primm, NV
Henderson, NV
Las Vegas Blvd South, NV
Las Vegas - S Rampart Blvd, NV
Las Vegas, NV
St. George, UT
Beaver, UT

+11 for the day.

On approach to Majave I went over to check out the Alta Wind Energy Center (aka the Mojave Wind Farm). Apparently the third largest onshore wind energy project in the world according to wikipedia. Incredible sight. First time I got up close and personal with one of these wind turbines. The wind was really blowing - and the nearby superchargers were glowing brightly. :DView attachment 412124

We wanted to go to Custer this year, but family commitments prevented us from making that trip. But we did the next best thing --- as part of our family commitment to attend a niece’s graduation event in Orlando, we made it a Tesla Road Trip. All the way down to Key West, and then back to Orlando. A lot of driving, but it was a lot of fun. And we added 40 superchargers to our total, so we have passed the 200 threshold: now we are at 222. (Watch out @Bighorn :) ha ha) And looks like we just missed seeing @PLUS EV

For our overnight stops, we planned to stay at locations that had destination chargers. And we made certain to let the staff know that we stayed there specifically for that reason. While we were at Key West, I had the opportunity to do a lot of photography.

For the most part, the superchargers we visited were no more than half full. The (few) issues we had were:

1. Santee, SC. We started at about 65 KW, which was much lower than expected. Our SOC was about 10% upon arrival. We were initially the only ones there. We were having lunch at Clark’s Restaurant, when we noted that our charge rate decreased to about 35 KW. I walked outside to find that another X had started charging in the stall that was paired with us. I went over and spoke with them – they were new owners and very polite. But they didn’t know about sharing of power between pedestals. I explained it to them (as well as a few other things), so they moved to a different pedestal. My charge level recovered to only about 45 KW. Since we were staying for lunch it was not a problem, but I think this location has problems. As we were wrapping up there, we had the opportunity to chat with several other owners who had arrived. I think we were able to help them gain knowledge about Tesla, supercharging, etc. We have been owners since early 2013, when superchargers were scarce and meeting someone else at a supercharger was an event!

2. Fort Drum, FL. The problem here is that there are only 6 pedestals. We arrived to find all stalls occupied. We had to wait about 15 or 20 minutes, when two owners departed.

3. Turkey Lake, FL. Same problem as at Fort Drum: only 6 pedestals, and all were occupied. Only had to wait about 10 minutes here.

4. W. Sand Lake Rd, FL. 8 stalls, all occupied when we arrived. One stall provided no power. And then a second one went down. A lady in a Model 3 was at one of the stalls – she said she worked for Tesla, and would report the inoperative pedestals.

5. Florence, SC. I’ve been at this SC before and have seen the same problems. 18 stalls, of which about half are marked for 30 minute general parking. Time and time again I have seen ICE vehicles in all the general parking slots. One previous time I visited there was a broken ICE in one of the slots, and the two adjacent slots were taken by people helping the broken down ICE. Hood was up, and it was apparent that they were going to be there for awhile. On this trip, I watched as people drove into the parking lot and looked for close parking spots, and these fit the bill. While there are 18 stalls, this results in about half of them being unavailable for those NEEDING a charge.

6. Rocky Mount: We received the "high usage supercharger site" alert that others have reported. Never seen this before. There was NO ONE else at the supercharger while we were there.

Now for the new list of superchargers visited:

5/17/19

Kingsland, GA

Jacksonville FL Gate Parkway

5/18/19

Jacksonville FL County Road

St. Augustine FL

Port Orange FL

West Melbourne FL

Fort Drum FL

Port St. Lucie FL

West Palm Beach FL Garden Road

West Palm Beach FL Dyer Blvd

Delray Beach FL

Plantation FL

Pembroke Pines FL

Aventura FL

Miami FL NE 41st Street

Miami FL SW 8th Street

Miami FL May Brickell Village

Florida City FL

Marathon FL

5/20/10

Naples FL

Fort Myers FL Gulf Coast Town Center

Fort Myers FL Dani Drive

Sarasota FL

Pinellas Park FL

Tampa FL West Swann Ave

Tampa FL N 50th Street

Brandon FL

Riverview FL

Orlando W. Sand Lake Rd

5/22/19

Orlando FL North Alafaya Trail

Altamonte Springs FL

Turkey Lake FL

Celebration FL

5/24/19

Ocala FL

Gainesville FL

Lake City FL

Live Oak FL

Tifton GA

Macon GA Tom Hill Sr Blvd

Augusta GA Belair Frontage Rd

Please update my list accordingly. And thanks for doing that!!!

You got your car charged though. I appreciate the feed back, a lot of northern states I find are more difficult to travel through, they have less traffic so we must also take that into consideration on our travels, we are quite lucky to even have super chargers there..

Right now in the Grand Rapids area you have your choice of two chargers, soon to be three. i'd say that if you're traveling late at night that you skip this one and push on to the actual Grand Rapids location. It is at a Meijer store....which is open all night.

The route through Poncha Springs is also more scenic and more fun to drive than I-70.

I very much agree with that statement. I'm one of the rare few to charge there (just this month) and I drove there from Pike's Peak. It's a very nice scenic drive.

Sat 5/25 updates:

Mojave, CA
Barstow, CA
Yermo, CA
Baker, CA
Primm, NV
Henderson, NV
Las Vegas Blvd South, NV
Las Vegas - S Rampart Blvd, NV
Las Vegas, NV
St. George, UT
Beaver, UT

+11 for the day.

On approach to Majave I went over to check out the Alta Wind Energy Center (aka the Mojave Wind Farm). Apparently the third largest onshore wind energy project in the world according to wikipedia. Incredible sight. First time I got up close and personal with one of these wind turbines. The wind was really blowing - and the nearby superchargers were glowing brightly. :DView attachment 412124
I've updated the spreadsheet to include Las Vegas, Tivoli for 5/25 - it wasn't listed in supercharger.info or the spreadsheet the other day. Interesting (odd) setup - six urban superchargers inside on the lower level, and these two 150kw superchargers outside just above them. Why two full-speed superchargers vs. more urban superchargers inside I wonder? Probably no room for any more than the two outside.

So +12 for 5/25 with Tivoli and the adjacent S Rampart Blvd being firsts
IMG_1243.JPEG

• Informative
Reactions: Darren S and DavidB
I've hit a few lately, and just got around to updating the database.

Colorado: Aspen, Colorado Springs, Lone Tree, Loveland, Poncha Springs, & Trinidad
South Dakota: Custer, & Spearfish
Utah: Blanding, & Moab
Wyoming: Cheyenne, Laramie, Rawlins, & Wheatland

Reactions: Darren S